No 1/6 scale Hunger Games??? Why not????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Hunger Games: Catching Fire did just pass Iron Man 3 as the top grossing film of 2013 - so that is saying something! Maybe we need an endless flood of Katniss figures to accompany all of our Iron Men? :lol

Katniss in arena gear from THG
Katniss in training gear from THG
Katniss in arena gear from CF
Katniss in training gear from CF
Katniss in wedding dress from CF
Katniss in mockingjay dress from CF

That's a good start. :wink1:

Didn't like the first one much, but Catching Fire definitely improved my opinion.

And after seeing some other movies of Lawrence (American Hustle)... definitely loving this woman... would buy Katniss instantly.

My guess as to we haven't seen any is that the popularity of movies with a female heroine as the main character is typically low among the demographic for these types of collectibles which is probably overwhelmingly male between the ages of early 20's to late 40's.

I really don't think that's it. It is huge - probably almost as big as Twilight. I'm sure it's the perceived lack of crossover in the fan base to 1/6 collectibles that would keep them from it.

They did Lone Ranger - mostly because of their success with Johnny Depp movies in the past. If they can do Lone Ranger they can at least give us a Katniss.

Almost as big as twilight? Its even bigger not to mention better written and also guys like this and not just women. Its a huge franchise. Not Harry potter huge but probably second to harry potter and twilight being third. (as far as popular teen book novels go). People need to stop looking to hot toys to make figures like this all the time. Its obvious that they wont make it. If they haven't made harry potter (the most popular children's book series to come out in decades that has billions of fans and grossed so much money at the box office and even has a theme park dedicated to it) by now then they will never make hunger games. Its a shame to. Watch how many fans they'd get if they made high end figures for harry potter and take a break on the red and gold robot for a while.

My guess as to we haven't seen any is that the popularity of movies with a female heroine as the main character is typically low among the demographic for these types of collectibles which is probably overwhelmingly male between the ages of early 20's to late 40's.

Good point.. since the demographic did not buy into Sucker Punch or Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean in a big way, companies are less likely to risk investment in the Hunger Games license.

Female characters I would buy -

Neytiri
Rescue Potts
Mystique
Vasquez with iconic Smart gun
Trinity on a 1/6 motorcycle
Machiko (but not at secondary market prices.. hoping Neca will do this figure at 1/4))

Good point.. since the demographic did not buy into Sucker Punch or Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean in a big way, companies are less likely to risk investment in the Hunger Games license.

Neytiri
Rescue Potts
Mystique
Machiko (but not at secondary market prices.. hoping Neca will do this figure at 1/4))

You're comparing The Hunger Games and Katniss to Sucker Punch and POTC? Not really a good comparison. They can't match THG popularity.

Angelica from POtC isn't the best comparison. She was a weak character in the franchise- why she got made over Barbossa or Teague or Blackbeard I'll never understand. I have always been under the impression that the Elizabeth Swann figure was successful. Maybe not?

But then Suck Punch characters got made... Again why that movie over say a big one, who knows.

I believe tHG did very well in China as well as other countries, so again, I don't think its popularity as others have said.

Angelica from POtC isn't the best comparison. She was a weak character in the franchise- why she got made over Barbossa or Teague or Blackbeard I'll never understand. I have always been under the impression that the Elizabeth Swann figure was successful. Maybe not?

But then Suck Punch characters got made... Again why that movie over say a big one, who knows.

I believe tHG did very well in China as well as other countries, so again, I don't think its popularity as others have said.

Wait, you don't think it's popular?

Neytiri
Rescue Potts
Mystique

Another one I dont get. Neytiri from Avatar was the most popular and most wanted character. At the height of its popularity people begged for Neytiri and what happened? They gave us final battle jake sully which in my opnion is the worst look for the character. Had they made Neytiri and normal jake then they would of sold well. I never got why hot toys didnt get to neytiri right away. Back then they had a poll on which character people wanted most and naturally Neytiri was in the lead. Years later after the fad died down the came out with the first and only avatar figure that nobody seemed to like. Very strange but whateve.

Another one I dont get. Neytiri from Avatar was the most popular and most wanted character. At the height of its popularity people begged for Neytiri and what happened? They gave us final battle jake sully which in my opnion is the worst look for the character. Had they made Neytiri and normal jake then they would of sold well. I never got why hot toys didnt get to neytiri right away. Back then they had a poll on which character people wanted most and naturally Neytiri was in the lead. Years later after the fad died down the came out with the first and only avatar figure that nobody seemed to like. Very strange but whateve.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the look of the Final Battle Jake Sully. If it had been ordinary Jake Sully I would have been all over it.

I do have hopes for Pepper Potts, though.

I probably didn't make my point very succinctly.. I agree that Hunger Games is a very successful franchise, however the point ReyRey made and I agreed with, was that a successful franchise and a successful premium, 1/6 figure line from that franchise, are actually two very different things.

I think the sheer volume of Iron Man product may have served to obscure that fact.. consider how many financially successful films have been made over say the last 40 years.. and then compare that with how many successful premium, 1/6 figure lines exist.. there is a reason for the disparity.. collectors tend to be more interested in only truly iconic or genuine cult licenses.. and even then, a very vocal fan base of collectors on forums, may not reflect a sufficiently large market to warrant the R&D for a figure line.

I also agree that sometimes the choice of figures to represent a license, makes no sense whatsoever.. however I like the Toruk Makto / Sully figure!.. although Neytiri should have been a logical choice.. with both figures released at the same time and available singly or as a double pack.

So annoyed with no Neytiri was a member on the OSW that he went through the pain-staking process of designing a 3D model figure (joints and all!) of her and having it printed. Incredible work; it's just a shame he had to do it himself.

I don't know. Maybe there's a marketing strategy here that we aren't privy to. Sometimes it seems like these companies listen to customers and make things they really, really want and other times it seems like they run from it! Look how long it finally took to get a licensed 60s Batman and Robin!

Taibhse- thanks for expounding on that. :)

I bought this one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-pai...2387?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c44877563

$_57.JPG

Back