Star Ace Harry Potter 1/6 - Quidditch Harry and Malfoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry looks really good, but is Draco off, or is it just me?

Both are a vast improvement over the original preview. somehow Draco lost something in the paint up, strange. and Harry's sculpt looks amazing in the paint up.

Harry is superb. I agree with Imperial Spy - Draco looks a bit off to my eyes too. However, these are a HUGE improvement over the first ones. Really in a whole other league. So, as long as the production matches, I'm all over these two. Let's hope this is the turning point for quality sculpts from SA.

Quick side by side (not scaled, obviously) comparison - mega difference IMO

003.jpg

Twin-6.jpg

Last edited:
They look so, so much better now! Wasn't going to buy any more young versions of the trio but I'm really tempted after seeing that new Harry sculpt - think he looks wonderful! :)

Still gonna wait for an older version of Malfoy though.

They both look slightly off to me now. Unpainted they look great though. Harry's nose looks slightly too big again to me. Maybe I'm misremembering though.

Something has to be done about those hands though. They look awfully toy like. It was an issue on Triwizard Harry too.

Looking at that photo and comparing it to the new sculpt, the nose is pretty close to that photo. Vastly improved!

The new photos on Sideshow look pretty excellent and I'm glad they're being offered separately. This is probably the closest to a POA Harry as we're likely to see for a while so I'll probably pick him up and bash the clothes. Those grassy bases look interesting too...

harry-potter-quidditch-version-sixth-scale-star-ace-silo-902589.jpg

There's pictures on SA website too. I'm not a fan of the grass bases, but, as I said, the figures are a definite buy from me, if production matches. They do look good.

I was looking at the picture again, and while at first I felt something was off on Harry, it actually looked better to me this time. I'll probably pick it up if the final product looks as good. I'll have to pass on Malfoy though. If I ever get one, its gotta be a Malfoy from Half-Blood Prince.

Draco is about to be shelfsitter of the year. Not because it's a bad figure, but because of what it is. I suspect most hardcore fans will go for the set, and most casual people will go for just Harry. I almost would think they would be better off making the set the only way to get Draco.

Back