We lost a fellow 1/6 scale Iron Man collector yesterday.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, man. No two ways about it. Cherish your memories and trust that time will take the sharpness of that pain away.

Condolence to you and his Family , keep collecting and keep his memory and love for Iron Man alive and burning trough you.

Update:
My wife's cousin's funeral is on Tuesday. Also the gofundme page has over $4,200.00 in donation in 24 hrs.

Again,
From the bottom of my heart thank you everyone for the kind words.

My condolences to you and his family...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Deepest condolences, I'm sorry for your loss - it's always hard when a close friend passes, though it must be heartening to see that people are pulling together on the gofundme page. I hope his family get all the financial help they need as well as your obviously invaluable support during this time.

Gave my final respects, and gave my final goodbyes yesterday. He was buried in his dress firefighter uniform. A last call was preformed, many many many tears were shed. Rest in Peace Barrett B. Pote 04/12/17. You will be sorely missed.

My heart goes out to you and your friend and his family. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

I too am sorry to hear about your loss. :( I would recommend keeping the Iron Man figures in Barrett's honor and memory.

Best wishes,
CC

Thanks everyone, last night my cousin's wife reached out to me to see if I could help her with my cousins Iron Man figures. Of course I am going to help, but it's going to suck.

I am still having a hard time accepting that my cousin is gone. I feel that I am going to get a text from him saying he's still here.

A week has gone by since I've paid my final respects, and I am still have difficulty accepting that he is gone. I still don't understand how a 42 year old can die of a heart attack.

With selling his collection, my sister-in-law has come up with a great idea. Instead of selling his collection to complete strangers, I've set up a Facebook page to sell his collection to friends and family. That way everyone has a piece of Barrett's collection to remember him by. I will also photograph his entire collection, edit the pictures and save them all on a USB drive and give it to my cousin's wife.

Proceeds from sale of his collection will go to his wife and 4 year old daughter.

A week has gone by since I've paid my final respects, and I am still have difficulty accepting that he is gone. I still don't understand how a 42 year old can die of a heart attack.

With selling his collection, my sister-in-law has come up with a great idea. Instead of selling his collection to complete strangers, I've set up a Facebook page to sell his collection to friends and family. That way everyone has a piece of Barrett's collection to remember him by. I will also photograph his entire collection, edit the pictures and save them all on a USB drive and give it to my cousin's wife.

Proceeds from sale of his collection will go to his wife and 4 year old daughter.

I know I am very late for this but I want to extend my condolences for your loss. I am so very sorry and I hope that the great memories you have will give you some comfort through this hard time.

John

It's been about 3 months since the passing of my best friend. With all of the announcements about Infinity Wars, and seeing Spider-Man Homecoming makes me really depressed that he will never get to see how the MCU is concluded. Also with the new Iron Man announcements doesn't help either. Whenever I see a new armor announced I share and tag him in the post. I did it before when he was still here, and I plan to keep doing until all armors are released.

Also in the next few weeks, I am going to go through his collection and photograph it for the purpose of selling them. All proceeds with go to his wife and 4 year old daughter.

I still feel like I can cry whenever I think about him, still can't accept that he's gone. When you don't have a lot of friends and you lose one, its especially painful.

I was thinking about getting a tattoo to remember him by. Tattoo idea.jpg This is just a quick mock up of what I was thinking. But I want his initials to be apart of the tattoo. BP is for Barrett Pote.

I also plan to go to SDCC one year. We always talked about going, so in the net few years I am going to make an effort to go to SDCC.

Also all of the condolences received in this thread is greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone from the bottom of my Arc Reactor (Heart)!

Back