Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just necroposting this thread since the 360 and PS3 threads are still going strong. WTF happed to this thread and the Wii in general?

For the record, I sold my Wii a while ago.

Wii is a good console. I still have mine.

Is Force Unleashed 2 coming out for the Wii? And will they finally make the lightsabers 1:1 control this time, now that the MotionPlus is out?

That would be awesome.

I'm just necroposting this thread since the 360 and PS3 threads are still going strong. WTF happed to this thread and the Wii in general?.

I still play the Wii a lot. The reason this thread doesn't get bumped is because the people here like a different type of game.

The reason this thread doesn't get bumped is because the people here like a different type of game.

Yeah, you mean good games! ZOMGS!!!!! KILL THINGS!!!!! 360!!!!!!!

There, I saved the next person who would post in this thread the trouble.

The wii must still be pretty popular...going to buy one for my daughters...but they are sold out throughout L.A. Bestbuy had me running all over town...stating that other stores had it in stock...but when I arrived...no wii. Went to 4 different bestbuys and 3 gamestops...nothing. Even Target didnt have it.

Wii doesn't have lots of great games, which I figure is why this thread isn't very popular. But, it does have some. I got New Super Mario Bros. for Christmas, and it is fantastic. But sadly, up until that, I hadn't turned the damn thing on in over a year. I kind of wish Nintendo would just do games like Sega, but the success of the Wii despite many great games suggests that they're probably gonna stay in the console market for the foreseeable future.

Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth was released today. May have to check that out.

Our wii gets used quite often as well. Especially with our kids. We just got the new super mario for Christmas. I've heard good things about it and cant wait to play

The Wii has lots of great games. Just not many that pleases this crowd.
Well, there seem to me to just be a small handful of must-buy games for the Wii in a given year, and most are strongly derivative of earlier games (the Marios, Mario Karts, Smash Bros, Zeldas, and Metroids, etc.). They have made some damn fine games, but when you see a couple great new games coming out for the PS3/360 every month or so, and maybe one great game coming for the Wii every quarter, there is little comparison. Maybe some of the 3rd party Wii stuff is really good, but based on the reviews I've seen, there isn't a great deal of depth like you see on the 2 other major consoles.

DS gets a fair amount of great, innovative games, though.

There have been the same amount (or more) of great games on Wii compared to Gamecube or the N64, and the Wii still has some life in it yet.

The hardcore gaming crowd isn't paying any attention to the Wii because they feel that the PS3 or 360 does those types of games better, which is true in some cases but totally erroneous in others. It's easy to be presumptuous if you aren't paying attention.

It's been a great place if you like the first party Nintendo stuff, and it's a decent place if you want fresh new experiences (Madworld, Muramasa, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, No More Heroes, Trauma Center) -- but the good games are there. And they aren't selling. Who's to blame?

People aren't looking hard enough for the diamonds in the sand, and I don't blame them. The light that is big-budget, heavily-marketed titles on the PS3/360 is blinding their eyes.

Just bought all 3 of the Super Star Wars games that I used to play as a kid. I remember them being much better and a lot easier, but gotta love them. I have my classic controller and Super SW games....feels like I'm 10 again. And with what was left over I got bit trip beat which is also fun.

I wanna pick up that wind based game...

There have been the same amount (or more) of great games on Wii compared to Gamecube or the N64, and the Wii still has some life in it yet.
As I recall, depth of the gaming lineup was an issue with both of those consoles, as well, in relation to the PS1 and PS2. I was always a Nintendo guy, and was kind of annoyed when so much cool stuff was being cranked out exclusively for my buddy's PS2 while I kept having to go back to my older standbys.

The Wii's focus on kids and old folks necessitates releasing a lot of stuff that more seasoned gamers aren't going to be interested in, so there is also the issues of the crap:good ratio being higher on the Wii, and the 360/PS3 crap:Wii crap ratio also being very high that might skew things. Even if Wii releases lots of good games, there is so much garbage out there cluttering it up. Look at all the hastily thrown together 3rd party Wii fit games. I have more easily navigated through the garbage to find cool DS than Wii games, personally.

Back