Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been getting awesome reviews, and you can't really go wrong for $30. I'll probably be picking this up soon as well.

Bumping this thread up for this question:

With the PS3 Move and now the power that is the Nintendo 3DS, is the Nintendo Wii dead?

How so? Now HD quality "this generation" games can be made for PS3 Move and games that were slated for the Wii can be made with comparable graphics and more features for the 3DS.

So why make games for the Wii?

BTW, I own all 3 systems and a DS so I'm not asking from a fanboy POV.

So why make games for the Wii?.

You're serious?

The Wii has an install base of over 74 million. That's almost the install base of the 360 and PS3 combined.

A Wii system + 2 games = $200 less than a PS3 with Move.

Not many kids have an HD rig in their playroom.

Game publishers are in the business to make money. They don't give a ____ about "HD graphics" or even great gameplay, for that matter. If they can make a game for the Wii cheaper than they can for the Move and sell more units, they're going to develop for the Wii.

The Wii is a mature platform with a huge install base. The crazy fast sales we've seen in the past might be over, but declaring the best selling system of this generation "dead" just as it's sales have peaked is about as disingenuous as it gets.

I mean, there are still new games being released for the PS2 and there are still PS2 sections in stores for crying out loud. The Wii has a while to go before it's "dead".

I know the hardware has sold well but like past Nintendo systems the 3rd party games don't sell well.

I see your point but I see a lot of developers jumping ship from the Wii and making their games for the 3DS instead.

If the Wii stopped selling from this day forward, it'd still be considered a monstrous success overall. It's already sold more than Nintendo's past two consoles combined and then about 20 million more.

I'm giving up on the Wii. I purchased the Wii for RE4 because of their motion capabilities. Now with PS3 Move...I have the best of both worlds...better games and better graphics. With that being said...I still don't think the Wii will be dead...just geared towards a different type of gamer.

I'm giving up on the Wii. I purchased the Wii for RE4 because of their motion capabilities. Now with PS3 Move...I have the best of both worlds...better games and better graphics. With that being said...I still don't think the Wii will be dead...just geared towards a different type of gamer.

I toally agree. I have a wii for nintendo made games (Mario, Zelda, etc) and the same for my xbox (gears of war, dead rising 1) but everything else I get for my ps3. To each his own.

Anybody know if Nintendo sells the sensor bar seperately? I know there's third party sensor bars available, but I want an official Nintendo sensor bar.

Not too long ago someone else on this board was looking for the sensor bar and said he got it from Nintendo.com for like $10

Most likely at Nintendo.com, you could always order extra parts for any system.

Not too long ago someone else on this board was looking for the sensor bar and said he got it from Nintendo.com for like $10

Yep, that's where I found one at. I thought I could get one from Nintendo.com, but at the time I posted the question, I was at work and my company's firewall blocked the Nintendo site. Ran to Target and EB and only found third party sensor bars running $20 and up. A refurbished sensor bar only cost $7.

After the critical success that was Kirby's Epic Yarn, Nintendo is releasing a new Kirby soon...

I can't remember the last time two Kirby games were released on one console.

Back