Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to know what controllers I need to play 2-4 player games. Are Wii Remotes the standard or do some need the Wii U Pro Controller?

Last I remember the Wii U can only support ONE of the Tablet Controllers at a time, unless Big N was able to change that I havent heard.

Id imagine the Pro controller can be up to as many as the game takes. (2-4)

Played this yesterday at my local Taget store.. I really liked the tablet/controller.. Batman Armored Edition was excellent, and Zombie U...wow!

Last I remember the Wii U can only support ONE of the Tablet Controllers at a time, unless Big N was able to change that I havent heard.

Id imagine the Pro controller can be up to as many as the game takes. (2-4)

The system does support at least 2 tablet controllers but no games this generation will use that feature.

Just seen on GAME in the UK, that Wii U titles retail at £49.99

Like for real? Who the hell would pay £49.99 for games like Zombiiu, or Arkham City which has the GOTY edition coming out at £24.99. So half price. on a console thats just as capable albeit 6 or 7 years old.... Seriously Nintendo, seriously....

The system does support at least 2 tablet controllers but no games this generation will use that feature.

I assume by "this generation" you mean in the foreseeable future. I'd be willing to bet that before years end (2013) there will be games that support 2 of the tablets. Probably first party titles.

At any rate, Nintendo did confirm the system is already capable of doing 2, but they are focusing on just getting a good fan base first plus any replacements that might need to be addressed.

New Wii U info and details, and unboxings:

1. Unboxing videos:
- President Satoru Iwata's Wii-U unboxing ceremony
- IGN's unboxing video
- [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMvEHpTgjjU&feature=g-subs-u"]Giant Bomb's unboxing video[/ame]

- This morning's 40-minute Nintendo Direct video, which details system OS, MiiVerse, User Account ID system, and player messaging.

- [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZIpfOEb_80"]Wara Wara Mii Plaza and Wii U Chat[/ame]

3. Wii to Wii-U system data transfer details:

Polygon.com said:
The process is somewhat similar to the transfer process between Nintendo's handheld devices, but requires a couple of extra steps. First, users must insert an SD card into the Wii U to initiate the process using the console's Wii System Transfer application. After starting the process, the user must put the same SD card into their Wii, and download another transfer application from the Wii Shop Channel. That app will move data over to the card, which must be put back into the Wii U, at which point the Wii data is moved to the console, and deleted from the card altogether.

4. 10-minute new gameplay compilation of New Super Mario Bros. U:

Shot of the system menu (games/Mii plaza page):
Zlcz0R.jpg

Shot of the Gamepad's menu:
jbqiBDf8OJ2AnW.jpg

Yeah, you can transfer downloads from the shop channel on your Wii to the WiiU but you need both to be connected to the internet simultaneously I hear.

Some interesting new info about the Wii U:

1. Maximum range of operability for the Wii U gamepad:

https://kotaku.com/5958862/my-wii-u-is-in-the-living-room-but-i-can-play-its-games-in-my-bedroom

A writer for Kotaku tested the range of which the gamepad was playable away from the actual system.

The GamePad can still play Mario when I go to the far end of the living room, meaning, I can give up the TV to my wife, plug headphones into the GamePad and continue playing a Wii U console game at the other end of the room, while she's using the TV. This is a very good thing.

The GamePad can still play Mario when I go into the bedroom and lie on my bed, which means that I can stay up late, in the dark, playing a Wii U console game. I can also leave the GamePad on my nightstand, power it and the Wii U on with a press of the GamePad's power switch and start playing my console in the morning—without getting out of bed. Note: this may have a radical effect on my ability to play Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer at strange hours.

The GamePad cannot still play Mario when I'm in my bathroom. Hell, it can't even reach my bathroom. The signal fails when I begin to walk down the hallway. I can't even get past the coat closet let alone to the door that follows, which leads into my bathroom. Thus: the Wii U will have to wait when it's time for me to go to the restroom.

His apartment floor plan:
xlarge.jpg

2. You don't need a tv to play the Wii U. It and its gamepad are completely sufficient. You can power on and access every feature of the system from the gamepad.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ng-about-wii-u

3. Preview shots of the Wii U's e-shop:

img_newsoft.jpg

Translation

Left Side
-"Menu"
-"current funds"
-"search"
-"exit"

Very Top
-"Welcome to the Nintendo eShop"
-in the search field "keyword search"

Lower Top
-"enter download codes"
-"ranking"
-"news"

I gotta say that I am excited for this system. I'm not sure if I'll buy any launch titles other than Mario but I'm excited.

Back