Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Update for E3 2012 -

All the info you will need about the Wii-U can be found here:

https://e3src.nintendo.com/wiiu/

------------------------

Nintendo's next-gen hardware.

rtewj.jpg

Kyolg.jpg

new-nintendo-wii-e3-small.png

New controller is not a portable gaming device. Can only be used in conjunction with the console. Has motion controls.

Details and one hands-on impressions write-up:

High definition display, up to 1080p resolution via HDMI output
6.2" touchscreen on New Controller, running in non-HD resolution
Internal flash-based media storage, upgradeable via USB and SD carts
Games ship on proprietary iDensity discs of unspecified, but "large capacity"
Games will also be available as downloadable content
Console compatible with Wii games and devices
Release date between April 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012; or after the end of Nintendo's fiscal year

https://kotaku.com/5808706/weve-played-nintendos-new-wii-u-the-next+generation-of-motion-control

Announced 3rd party games:

AC Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders 2
Dirt
Aliens Colonial Marines
Ghost Recon Online
Metro Last Light
Tekken
Ninja Gaiden 3
Battlefield 3

more info to come. will edit.

edit: specs and zelda pic

b16s.png

zelda_hd_detail.jpg

Last edited:
Say what now? A system and a pad thingy? Must go google this now...

(edit: Okay, that looks interesting. Me = intrigued. Might just be interested in a Nintendo system again. It's been awhile.)

Good games announced, i wonder if it will rival the PS4 and xbox 720? Controller looks awkward but the unit looks classy, i wonder though, i thought they'd drop the Wii name alltogethee.

Looks interesting, but the pad-controller looks too bulky and may be hard to grip while playing long hours of Batman: Arkham City. :(

Just warched the controller trailers, and it seems to be just an add-on for the wii, the graphics are 90% the same as the wii, only the zelda game at the end of the trailer looked HD.

It' might've been a trailer to show the controller working on the current wii, as well as being the main controller of the Wii U, if thats the case then fine, but if that footage is of the Wii U gameplay then this is a huge Fail, same graphics, same motion nonsense.

Nintendo's conference really lacked anything in the way of real hardware specifications, so guessing as how good the Wii-U's games will look is difficult.

The third party stuff looked as good as current PS3/360 fare. I really wish Nintendo had spent more time on showing stuff instead of talking about 3DS.

Details and one hands-on impressions write-up:

High definition display, up to 1080p resolution via HDMI output
6.2" touchscreen on New Controller, running in non-HD resolution
Internal flash-based media storage, upgradeable via USB and SD carts
Games ship on proprietary iDensity discs of unspecified, but "large capacity"
Games will also be available as downloadable content
Console compatible with Wii games and devices
Release date between April 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012; or after the end of Nintendo's fiscal year

https://kotaku.com/5808706/weve-played-nintendos-new-wii-u-the-next+generation-of-motion-control

Just warched the controller trailers, and it seems to be just an add-on for the wii, the graphics are 90% the same as the wii, only the zelda game at the end of the trailer looked HD.

It' might've been a trailer to show the controller working on the current wii, as well as being the main controller of the Wii U, if thats the case then fine, but if that footage is of the Wii U gameplay then this is a huge Fail, same graphics, same motion nonsense.

They showed video of the 3rd party games and a tech demo that looked on par if not way better than the PS3.

They showed video of the 3rd party games and a tech demo that looked on par if not way better than the PS3.

I dunno, i just watched the tech demo of the bird and it looks good certainly, but not better than the quality of the exclusives of the xbox and ps3.

I think that with xbox going the motion control gimicky route that nintendo should have motion controls as a third or fourth main feature behind bringing games tech into the next generation, graphically and storytelling wise

My opinion

The winners of E3 2011 goes, Sony, Nintendo Microsoft.

Nintendo was dead to me when the Wii came out. I could care less. The fact that Nintendo is trying to climb it's way out of the shallow grave it dug for itself and is now attempting to appeal to the hard core gamers they've so successfully alienated is a joke.

Nintendo was dead to me when the Wii came out. I could care less. The fact that Nintendo is trying to climb it's way out of the shallow grave it dug for itself and is now attempting to appeal to the hard core gamers they've so successfully alienated is a joke.

The hardcore crowd are fickle. They tried to appeal to that audience with the Gamecube and it landed them in third place. The Wii was a necessity.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about Wii-U, but if it means they're trying to get the hardcore games back, it's at least 1 (just one so far) in the right direction.

Not really to be honest. :dunno Why play on my iPad when I can play on a 52 inch TV? :dunno

Thing is i like the idea of playing on a seperate screen to let my family wath tv, but with the Wii U controller having a non-HD screen whats the point, they could've just made it so the 3DS works as a controller to the Wii U, at least you'd have 3D and could use it away from home as a portable console..

I really dont see this as a product that will keep buyers from buying, then playing for a bit then putting on the shelf to gather dust, like so many Wii buyers have done, simply because the attraction of motion gaming gets tedious quickly.

I mean you have to admire And loathe Nintendo at the same time, they are releasing products that people will buy and never really use, they win.

Back