Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that makes me want to wait to buy anything until next Thursday night. Hmm...

I'll be doing that as well.

If you've got the black Wii U on preorder, you'll at least have the included Nintendo Land to keep you busy for a few days.

That's an incredible difference. It makes me that much more excited for Sunday.

No doubt.
The Wii games had blurry edges on my 60"HDTV. It looked better on my brother's 36"SDTV because that's it's native resolution. I decided not to get one.

Just checked my credit card statement and gamestop.com has charged me for my wii u deluxe and gamepad pro I should have my system monday with the 1 day shipping tuesday the latest. Wii u will have an acheivment system but its up to the developers the game scribblenauts will have its own acheivment syetm. This can easily be added to the system later though ps3 did not even have trophies at first.

I was expecting for the Wii U version of Ninja Gaiden 3 to look better than the Xbox 360/PS3 version, but according to ign it looks worse. :monkey2

That's too bad, but honestly, the lack of an Achievements system won't affect my enjoyment of the games.

I agree that it won't take away from the enjoyment of the game, but it's a shame that Nintendo doesn't realize the potential in replay value that system wide achievements give. There have been games where I spent many extra hours playing them to unlock achievments. Hours that I wouldn't have normally spent playing otherwise.

I was expecting for the Wii U version of Ninja Gaiden 3 to look better than the Xbox 360/PS3 version, but according to ign it looks worse. :monkey2

It's a port. While it's disappointing, it's not surprising. At least they improved on the important issues.

Nintendo Direct video on Nintendo Network and the internet browser

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1kGo5j7NU&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

It's only now hit me that this thing is less than a week away from release. Feels weird.

I'd like to see that same comparison but using a Wii emulator at 720p. I swear a lot of those models are the same models from the Wii version (premarily the boss character at the end of the video).

Not arguing as we get a full Mario game at launch but it's still a little silly.

Worse how? Less shaders? Slower framerate? Less characters on screen?

Still can't decide about Wii U, the only game that appeals to me on launch is Zombi U and I have a feeling it won't be a goty contender but a "good start". Nintendoland would be fun over Christmas but the thing with Nintendo seems to be good for the holidays but past that I get bored. Wii I was very excited about, played it all christmas then didn't touch the system...until next christmas. 3DS I got last year and played once, gave it to my mum because I didn't get on with it.

Then I think back to N64 and GameCube days when I had fun with Nintendo! Argh such a hard decision:thud:

Guess wait for a price drop or more titles would be best UNLESS Zombi U turns out to be an amazing game, then I might give in to temptation:nana:

I'm definitely looking forward to their 1st party games from the Zelda, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros franchises.

This is interesting:
https://kotaku.com/5960438/nintendo...storage-options-in-the-strangest-way-possible

You have less space than you though (of course) but on top of that, the Wii U uses 4.2GB for the OS

Also interesting that the Mario game is only 2GB

Memory is a shady business. It truly is frustrating to buy a 16G iPhone only to have around 13 or 14 gigs available to actually use. Memory is so freakin' cheap today that there's no reason these companies can't just put 2 or 3 extra gigs into the hardware so it will even out to what they claim the memory you're getting actually is. Especially when your producing the hardware in the millions of units. 1 gigabyte of memory probably costs pennies on the dollar compared to what the consumer gets forced to pay.

Back