Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i've read on ubisofts facebook page that the graphics of AC3 on wii u will be on par with the PS3 and 360

Read that too, what's th point of even buying a wii-u when it's hardware is outdated.

I am pretty sure we'll see next gen next year. It depends on holiday sales probably.

Read that too, what's th point of even buying a wii-u when it's hardware is outdated.

I am pretty sure we'll see next gen next year. It depends on holiday sales probably.

If the Wii U's graphics is the same as the X360 and PS3, I'll be OK with that.

Nintendo has always been about the gameplay. I'll get one to play those exclusive franchises you can't play on any other console.

Nintendo consoles have been underdogs for a long time. I guess they realize hardware specs, while important, are meaningless without strong game catalogs. Zelda, Metroid, and Smash Bros games are guaranteed success when released. I'll say "it's not worth buying a console for any single game," but with example of Zelda I will always plan on buying a Nintendo console with expectation of a fantastic game.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Well, I think the Wii did well because of the hardware--specifically, the motion controls. If it didn't have that it would have done as bad as the gamecube, or worse. The thing about the Wii-U is whether people will be interested in the gamepad in a similar way. Also, I think it will be going up against consoles from the other companies that will try do do something more on top of the graphical improvements so it won't be like last time.

Nintendo consoles have been underdogs for a long time. I guess they realize hardware specs, while important, are meaningless without strong game catalogs. Zelda, Metroid, and Smash Bros games are guaranteed success when released. I'll say "it's not worth buying a console for any single game," but with example of Zelda I will always plan on buying a Nintendo console with expectation of a fantastic game.

:lecture This.
Add to that the Mario's, Donkey Kong's, Metroid's, or anything else Shigeru Miyamoto gets his hands in, and you've got a recipe for losing a lot of sleep and sore thumbs.

Im glad Ipreordered wii u deluxe and I think this sytem is going to be a lot more powerful then the 360 ps3 fanboys think. Wiiu is launching with graphics tha ttook 360 and ps3 years to acheive and the graphics will only get better in the years for the wiiu.

Sadly it's already below expectations, while it might improve I kind of doubt it will improve by much. It doesn't look like the hardware is all that significantly better than the Xbox 360 or PS3

Sadly it's already below expectations, while it might improve I kind of doubt it will improve by much. It doesn't look like the hardware is all that significantly better than the Xbox 360 or PS3

Were are you getting this info from its below expectations cause its not true. The wii u has way more ram then 360 and ps3 and is capable of a lot. The creators of zombie u said tha tthe game in its current state is not possible on 360 and ps3 that it would take a long time to bring it to tha tsystem which they arent cause its a wii u exclusive. If you look at the lighting effects in zombie u they are amazing I have yet to see lighting effects that good from the other 2 consoles and I have them both.

Like I was saying before, the new Mario game isn't 1080p even though it's very simple graphically, plus that's from Nintendo themselves, so if they can't make one of their own simple games at 1080p that doesn't speak well for the hardware.

Many other games aren't 1080p either.

As far as Zombi-U goes, there's plenty of games that look better than that, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted series, Halo 4

Pretty much every AAA game these days has better graphics than Zombi-U

Verdict's still out on the raw output the hardware is capable of, but so far there isn't a graphical showcase fr the system that it desperately needs. I'm willing to give devs the benefit of the doubt and assume that the amount of dev time hasn't allowed them to familiarize themselves with the tech.

Well you'd think at least with some games designed for the older systems they would run better on Wii-U, but for instance Mass Effect 3 has no graphical improvements, and by improvements I mean simple settings changes like resolution and things like that, where they don't have to actually do any extra work except change a setting.

Nintendo obviously doesn't think they need any kind of graphical showcase. They made the hardware just strong enough to not look ancient in a couple years. That's my opinion on it anyway. Wii had a$$ graphics and did great, so I guess they figure "let's try that again". I don't think the WiiU gimmick is going to sell systems like the Wii did though. Oh well. As the fanboys say, all they need is HD Zelda, Mario etc, etc.

Well you'd think at least with some games designed for the older systems they would run better on Wii-U, but for instance Mass Effect 3 has no graphical improvements, and by improvements I mean simple settings changes like resolution and things like that, where they don't have to actually do any extra work except change a setting.

I'm not sure why you would think that? Game companies can't even get games to run the same way on each console. Most run smoother on 360 even though PS3 hardware is technically better. Why would you expect ports of games to run better on the wii u when they were originally developed for other systems?

I'm not sure why you would think that? Game companies can't even get games to run the same way on each console. Most run smoother on 360 even though PS3 hardware is technically better. Why would you expect ports of games to run better on the wii u when they were originally developed for other systems?

:exactly:

Using Mass Effect 3 as a basis for how good the system can do graphically is silly. EA is going to put the simplest quickest port of it possible on the system. EA is not willing to spend an extra dime on that game than they need to. And plus the game is better because it's PS3 quality graphics plus it's streaming info to the tablet at the same time which requires even more power.

And I still think there is a reason why Mario is only 720p. I don't know what it is but I bet there is a valid reason. My guess is it's truly using the Wii engine and the engine is just not built for that output (even though you can do that with a Wii emulator).

The difference between the PS3 hardware and Xbox 360 hardware is enough where there's no clear advantage between the two. Playstation is also notorious for being hard to develop for. Compared to the Wii-U though which has much more RAM and supposedly a GPU that's not that far off from what the Xbox 360 is using, it doesn't seem a stretch that it should run better that way.

You guys might not think the graphics matter, but I would say graphics are one of the top reasons people would buy games.

The difference between the PS3 hardware and Xbox 360 hardware is enough where there's no clear advantage between the two. Playstation is also notorious for being hard to develop for. Compared to the Wii-U though which has much more RAM and supposedly a GPU that's not that far off from what the Xbox 360 is using, it doesn't seem a stretch that it should run better that way.

You guys might not think the graphics matter, but I would say graphics are one of the top reasons people would buy games.

I couldn't disagree more. People buy games (the masses) based off of brand primarily now. Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Halo, Madden. Whatever your poison. Reviewers gush over them and the gaming sheep continue to buy it up and play the same crap over and over.

Apparently Nintendo is rolling out their big Wii U ad campaign starting tomorrow. It's been so quiet, I don't think anyone knows about Wii U who isn't a core gamer.

They posted this on their twitter:

4q1AZ.jpg

Nintendo also sent out a press release clarifying what the Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion is, for those buying the deluxe set:

https://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=35772

NINTENDO'S DELUXE DIGITAL PROMOTION MAKES WII U AN EVEN BIGGER HOLIDAY VALUE

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 30, 2012 – As Nintendo prepares to launch the revolutionary Wii U home console on Nov. 18, consumers in the United States can look forward to a special promotion that will give select Wii U owners even more bang for their entertainment buck. Nintendo today revealed details about the Deluxe Digital Promotion, which lets consumers who buy the Wii U Deluxe Set earn points when they purchase downloadable games and redeem those points for even more fun digital content in the online Nintendo eShop. The promotion gives Wii U Deluxe Set owners a big incentive to connect their systems to the Internet and discover a constantly expanding array of downloadable games, entertainment offerings and cool ways to connect with family and friends.

All Wii U Deluxe Set owners who purchase digital content for Wii U, including downloadable games in the Nintendo eShop for Wii U and download codes sold at select retail stores, will earn points with a value equivalent to approximately 10 percent of the Nintendo eShop list price of each purchase. For example, a game priced at $59.99, such as New Super Mario Bros. U, would earn 599 points. For every 500 points they earn, participants will receive a code worth $5 in credit to be used in the Nintendo eShop for either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Points will be earned on all digital purchases made on a Wii U Deluxe Set from Nov. 18, 2012, until Dec. 31, 2014. When the Deluxe Digital Promotion website launches in December, participants can see the points they've earned and receive codes for Nintendo eShop credit by signing in with their Nintendo Network ID and password. Codes must be received at the website by March 31, 2015. Received codes must be exchanged for Nintendo eShop credit on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS by June 30, 2015. Nintendo eShop credit on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS does not expire.

"From day one, we want Wii U owners to experience the full breadth of great downloadable games and content available for the console," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "The Deluxe Digital Promotion is our way of encouraging Wii U Deluxe Set owners to explore the Nintendo eShop and discover how Wii U offers an incredible combination of fun, innovation, convenience and value."

The Wii U Deluxe Set offers extraordinary value right out of the box. Launching Nov. 18 at a suggested retail price of $349.99, it includes a black Wii U console, black touch-screen Wii U GamePad controller, sensor bar, AC power adapters and stands for both the console and the controller, a charging cradle for the GamePad, an HDMI cable and a copy of the Nintendo Land game, which features 12 playable attractions based on Nintendo's most imaginative and beloved game franchises. Consumers who purchase the Wii U Deluxe Set can use the Deluxe Digital Promotion with a Nintendo Network Account.

Qualifying Nintendo eShop purchases in the Deluxe Digital Promotion include games and content published by Nintendo as well as games from third-party publishers. Digital content purchases from the Wii Shop Channel are not eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion points. Purchases from the Nintendo eShop via Nintendo 3DS hand-held and Wii U Basic Set systems are also ineligible.

Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

For more information about the Deluxe Digital Promotion, visit https://ddp.nintendo.com.

CjWDr.jpg

The first US Wii U tv commercial:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbGJieRaH0&list=PLFB4FCEFE59F9BEFF[/ame]

I couldn't disagree more. People buy games (the masses) based off of brand primarily now. Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Halo, Madden. Whatever your poison. Reviewers gush over them and the gaming sheep continue to buy it up and play the same crap over and over.

"I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message."

Back