Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS

New features

- 3D graphics
- new controls via pad and touch-screen (the latter is used for items, maps and other equipment)
- use the gyro sensor for taking a look around from a first person view
- new, more intuitive menus
- Super Guide - integrated hint system for players stuck in a puzzle or dungeon.
- Master Quest mode (everything's mirrored, new places of enemies and items, enemies are harder)
- Boss Challenge mode (fight against all bosses, either only one or all after another; available after you arrived at a certain, unspecified point in the game)

New pics out the wazoo:

33nda13.png

zml95d.png

2z812zq.png

bfki84.png

o9nvd1.png

15eipu1.png

2ii9a9s.png

11tn81x.png

62051_9_kokirishop_en.jpg

62066_35_templeoftime_en.jpg

I'm already disappointed the way the winds are blowing with the 3DS...It seems Nintendo is becoming complacent towards gaming. For me it was the overabundance an over-saturation of last gen ports and remakes from gamecube that killed the wii. Now it seems Nintendo is just happy to keep releasing the same games over and over again with new paint and controls. Sigh....

Miyamoto says to expect more “remakes of games on 3DS”

Yep that's right, Shigeru Miyamoto has said that folks can expect more “remakes of games on 3DS,” and how the eShop will help Nintendo “create meaningful and high-value games for 3DS specifically.”

Speaking with Edge, Miyamoto also said established franchises appearing on the eShop is meaningful for 3DS.

“I think if it’s meaningful for 3DS. For me it’s important that anyone can play, and that it’s easy and comfortable for anyone – it’s not forcing a game into the hardware itself,” he said, adding that the one game he would like to see the most is A Link to the Past.

“Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time,” he said. “So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”

https://www.vg247.com/2011/04/23/miyamoto-says-to-expect-more-“remakes-of-games-on-3ds/

None of that implies that the predominant releases on 3DS will be remakes or that it should be the only thing we should expect. People like remakes, I don't see why expecting some more would be a bad thing as long as we get new games as well. Calling Nintendo complacent is certainly jumping the gun on this. If you've been keeping up with news, Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he's already developing a new IP and new Nintendo characters. On top of that, this year alone we're getting a brand new Mario game and a new Mario Kart.

And the way I see it, remakes > HD ports and cash-grab collections, which seemingly you have no problem with. :dunno

i welcome the remakes cause i never had a N64 back in the days :(

The online functionality of the 3DS is pretty good. I've been playing SSFIV online with it and i have no problem playing with other people.

However, I hate the Lite controls people use. I put my controls to pro and only mapped 3P and 3K to shortcuts 2 and 4, but it drives me crazy when people are pulling off charge moves without having to charge. I had people use characters like Guile or Honda, just standing still and tossing sonic booms or doing constant headbutts that should take time to charge. :gah: It really throws off my game.

As long as it's eShop porting games and not Nintendo using up it's own resources, I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm just saying the last thing I need is another portable remake. Nintendo seems to just dish these out left and right. It seems like half the wii's catalogue are just past GC games with wii controls tacked on, and those are some of the better games on the wii...are 5 or 6 year old ports with a wiimote.

It just feels lazy, because they can't crank out original Zelda, Metroid, or Mario titles fast enough...so they throw more filler in and people bit, because they need that same Mario game for the 6th time.

You seem to be confusing 'port' with 'remake'. It is true that a large number of Wii titles are barely updated ports of existing Gamecube games and I don't disagree with you on that. But looking at Zelda Oot 3D, it looks to be a complete overhaul of the original game, and that is what I meant (and most likely what Shigeru Miyamoto implied) by remakes. If future remakes for 3DS have the same luxury treatment, I don't see a problem with it. It's the difference between Resident Evil 4 Wii versus the Resident Evil 1 remake for Gamecube.

In any case, I think the portability factor justifies the existence of the remakes for 3DS.

Anyway, new gameplay vids of Zelda OoT 3D:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aqej/index.html

Intro/title sequence:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMMxIbkcmk] YouTube[/ame]

None of that implies that the predominant releases on 3DS will be remakes or that it should be the only thing we should expect. People like remakes, I don't see why expecting some more would be a bad thing as long as we get new games as well. Calling Nintendo complacent is certainly jumping the gun on this. If you've been keeping up with news, Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he's already developing a new IP and new Nintendo characters. On top of that, this year alone we're getting a brand new Mario game and a new Mario Kart.

And the way I see it, remakes > HD ports and cash-grab collections, which seemingly you have no problem with. :dunno

Yeah man!! Mario Kart 3D sounds great. The new Mario will probably blow us away big time.

Sent from the ice planet Hoth on my fancy iPhone.

Back