Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone pick up Samus Returns yet? I got it a few days ago but haven't had time to start until today.

Got it Friday along with the amiibos but haven't had a chance to play yet.

I canceled my PO for the Metroid 3ds and decided to just play with my original one, but since I'm so out of the loop on the 3ds I didn't realize it didn't support amiibos without an nfc reader which go for like 35$-40$ : /

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Will Be the Last Pokemon RPGs for 3DS

[SUP]Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/19/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-will-be-the-last-pokemon-rpgs-for-3ds[/SUP]

Speaking to IGN, Game Freak director Shigeru Ohmori explained that the company has seen each of its 3DS games as the full extent of what could be achieved on the handheld console:

"When we were making Pokemon X and Y, we really were trying to push the 3DS system to its absolute limits - which is what we thought we’d done. But when Sun and Moon came around, we completely redesigned the system, and actually ended up pushing the 3DS even further to what we thought was the most we could draw out of it."

However, that process of improvement seems to have come to an end, with the upshot being that Game Freak will move on after the new games' release on November 17:

"With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon," explains Ohmori, "we’ve tried to eke that out more and really, really push the system to its absolute limits, and we’re now feeling that perhaps this is the maximum of what we can get out. So we’re really treating Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as the culmination of our work with the 3DS system."

Last edited:
DM0o_V5XUAAaREP.jpg:large

Are those 2ds bundles limited as well? I was plan on getting the 2ds green Zelda bundle. I'm trying to search what 3ds games you can't play on it. Anyone knows?

You can play all 3DS games on it, just not in 3D.

I would go for the new 2DS XL (the one that folds). There's a 'limited edition' Pokeball themed one that's pretty awesome looking. The Zelda 2DS you're referring to I'm sure is 'limited', but FWIW you can still find it almost everywhere and it's been out for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-2DS-XL-Poke-Ball/dp/B075MZT541

You can play all 3DS games on it, just not in 3D.

I would go for the new 2DS XL (the one that folds). There's a 'limited edition' Pokeball themed one that's pretty awesome looking. The Zelda 2DS you're referring to I'm sure is 'limited', but FWIW you can still find it almost everywhere and it's been out for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-2DS-XL-Poke-Ball/dp/B075MZT541

Oh thanks for the quick reply. After I deleted it I saw your post. Thanks, yeah I was looking at the pokemon new 2ds. The plus of the new 2ds/3ds is the nfc reader. I actually found a used Nintendo brand at gamestop. Incase i get the older model.

Oh thanks for the quick reply. After I deleted it I saw your post. Thanks, yeah I was looking at the pokemon new 2ds. The plus of the new 2ds/3ds is the nfc reader. I actually found a used Nintendo brand at gamestop. Incase i get the older model.

No worries! Let me know what you go with! I don't think you can go wrong either way - but I do think the investment for the new 2DS is worth it, compared to the previous model. Obviously the older one is discounted more heavily, but I don't think you can beat the bargain with the new 2DS.

Back