Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
metroid3ds.jpg

I'm tired of all these new colors. They need to make that transparent clear 3DS prototype that they showed years ago.

As for Metroid, I downloaded the fan version before they shut it down. I'm not falling for the hype on this game. Perhaps it's good. I own the GBA versions of Metroid Zero and Fusion. They weren't as good as the NES and SNES games. And more, we shouldn't be playing Metroid games on a portable system. I grew up playing these games on a big screen. At least at that time a 20" or 24" CRT TV was big. If they are going to do it, do it right. For this style of game, I'm looking forward to Bloodstained the most.

Samus edition 3ds available on gamestops website right now. Seems to be the only place who currently has it for PO.

I've been considering upgrading to an XL since I have the original 3ds so I might end up getting this.

Samus edition 3ds available on gamestops website right now. Seems to be the only place who currently has it for PO.

I've been considering upgrading to an XL since I have the original 3ds so I might end up getting this.

I would wait for a Black Friday sale bundle unless you really need this version. Most of the time these Nintendo portable systems with various decals don't do anything for me.

If it's a limited release then best to PO or risk missing out.
I'm not interested in owning one but I do think it's a nice looking case.

I'm a pretty big Metroid fan so this would be the one I want if I were to get an xl.

Otherwise I would just get the 2ds xl since I could care less about the 3D feature.

Just wish the game was included for the same price, but then that'd be wishful thinking...

I'm a pretty big Metroid fan so this would be the one I want if I were to get an xl.

Otherwise I would just get the 2ds xl since I could care less about the 3D feature.

Just wish the game was included for the same price, but then that'd be wishful thinking...

If they included the game it would be the digital version :mad: Physical copies for me.

Anyone pick up Samus Returns yet? I got it a few days ago but haven't had time to start until today.

I got the special edition as well. Also got the Amiibo and the Samus Returns 3DS XL. Went all in on this one.

I've played for four hours so far and am at 16.7% completion. Stuck at the moment revisiting some older areas. I really like the game so far. Can't help but wish it was 2D with pixel art but that's a minor gripe. I do think the visuals are a bit muddy. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a graphically upscaled release on the Switch in the future.

Anyone pick up Samus Returns yet? I got it a few days ago but haven't had time to start until today.

I picked it up on Friday and played most of the weekend. It's a lot of fun. Some of those damn Metroids are hard at first. The later forms at least. The ability to aim and counter makes things a whole lot easier than the original...a lot more fun though.

I'm probably about 80% through the actual game. Now I'm just going back through past areas to get all the tanks and what have you.

Back