Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given the new 3DSXL about 2 hours of play now and I can honestly say that I hate the joystick on it. I just can't seem to get the hang of it in games like A Link Between Worlds (my whole reason for buying it). I wish they allowed D-Pad support in those types of games.

The 'stick' is functional on A Link Between Worlds? Haven't played it on the new system. Just the previous 3DS.

No portable analog stick will be perfect. I've been hardcore playing Super Mario Land 3D recently and love it. Every once in a while though I really miss the N64 analog stick because the game feels so much like Super Mario 64. I just can't get those super accurate jumps like I'd like to do.

He means the normal analog stick.

Correct. It just feels weird to me. I'm going to give it a few more hours and if I can't get comfortable I'll sell it.

No portable analog stick will be perfect. I've been hardcore playing Super Mario Land 3D recently and love it. Every once in a while though I really miss the N64 analog stick because the game feels so much like Super Mario 64. I just can't get those super accurate jumps like I'd like to do.

Ah. I got ya. Yeah, I agree with Shropt. You'll get the hang of it, MC. But I agree with you. It took me a while as well.

So MC, you didn't have a 3DS before the new one? (For some reason I thought you did.) One thing I have some problems with with the analog stick is when I'm 'running' for a while, and I feel like my thumb slowly slips, so I'll have to 'regrip.' Sounds weird. Difficult to explain. But I get the hang of it eventually.

My 3DS Zelda case should be shipping soon - it should have shipped today. No idea. Gamestop is horrible with their updates. I expect something to show up randomly at some time. :lol

My 3DS Zelda case should be shipping soon - it should have shipped today. No idea. Gamestop is horrible with their updates. I expect something to show up randomly at some time. :lol

Thats exactly what happened with my Shulk amiibo. I got no email, noticed there was a gamestop charge on my credit card statement. Then boom, i had a package a week later :lol

Thats exactly what happened with my Shulk amiibo. I got no email, noticed there was a gamestop charge on my credit card statement. Then boom, i had a package a week later :lol

I got am email today!! Shocked! :lol

Arrived tomorrow. :rock I'll try and post some pics.

So I got my Zelda pouch the other day. It is CRAZY awesome. Love it. I was trying to take some pics today, but my camera was giving me fits. :( Must have for Zelda fans.

Looks great. Should have my Club Nintendo MM jigsaw puzzle this week.

Good luck. Someone posted on a Facebook forum that it comes shipped in a paper envelope and it got complete crushed in shipping. I'll have to find the pic.

EDIT:

Here's their description:

So here is the puzzle from club nintendo. Instead of being in a box like it appeared to come in on the club nintendo website, it comes in a tiny paper bag which is mailed in a flimsy non-padded envelope so expect to get a crushed up puzzle in the mail soon

ZeldaPuzzle.jpg

Got mine today and the bag had a few dents but the puzzle pieces are in mint condition.

I really wish this puzzle was available for purchase on the french version of Club Nintendo. Instead, we get stupid ass downladable SNES games and one overpriced Yoshi Egg backpack (6500 points!!). I could afford the puzzle easily with how many points I've earned, but there is nothing like that available on the website I can go to from my country. I'm so sad :(

I really wish this puzzle was available for purchase on the french version of Club Nintendo. Instead, we get stupid ass downladable SNES games and one overpriced Yoshi Egg backpack (6500 points!!). I could afford the puzzle easily with how many points I've earned, but there is nothing like that available on the website I can go to from my country. I'm so sad :(

There's some good Zelda puzzles for $10-$12 on Amazon.

81AxGBLK%2B%2BL._SL1001_.jpg

81Xvg5WqbbL._SL1000_.jpg

I got my Nintendo Club 3DS Zelda Pouch 'case'. This thing is awesome. Absolutely love it. Super durable. Thick material. Nice design.

Worth the wait. Anyone else use their points?

I got the Mario pouch a year or two ago that is similar to that Zelda one. They didn't announce the new loyalty program yet :impatient: I would've gotten platinum for next year already if the games this year came with codes.

I got the Mario pouch a year or two ago that is similar to that Zelda one. They didn't announce the new loyalty program yet :impatient: I would've gotten platinum for next year already if the games this year came with codes.

Yeah, loving this thing!

And yeah, super excited about a new rewards program. Gives me that extra incentive!

Back