NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 NHL Season

UGH! :slap

Give credit to the Isles for pushing the Pens in this series.

Congrats to the Pens and their fans.

Pens should be worried going forward. I don't think Vokoun is a long term solution, and MAF is just mentally brittle now.

If the Isles had a real goalie, they would have taken this series.

The East sort of looks like a disaster overall, with the hockey being played. I don't think the Sens are as good as the Habs made them look. I'm assuming B's will advance, and they're only playing decent hockey. I know "anything can happen in the playoffs" and all, but if the West doesn't take the Cup again, I'll be shocked.

Nice to see a Kings fan on board!:hi5: I agree that is one lucky goal. A lucky goal that won us the game. Good comeback by the Kings after they were down to two games. I really thought that they were done but only champions comes back out of that problem. Next round would be though IMO, both the Sharks and the Ducks are good a the St. Louis. I'm not sure who we want to play but after the beating that St. Louis gave us travel time would be factor. So I hope we play the Ducks next round.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Ducks, too. Then we would have like 7 home games. :D Because many Kings Fans will invade the Pond and make the Honda Center a neutral ground. Nevertheless, I do think that the Ducks don't stand a chance against a Playoff Kings team. We will pound them till they they break down. Despite all this, I couldn't take a series loss against Anaheim. They will rub it under our nose for the rest of our lives. If we win it, we can return the favour. :D

One way or the other. I'm pumped for the next round. And I think the Kings can only beat themselves. Let's wait and see.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Ducks, too. Then we would have like 7 home games. :D Because many Kings Fans will invade the Pond and make the Honda Center a neutral ground. Nevertheless, I do think that the Ducks don't stand a chance against a Playoff Kings team. We will pound them till they they break down. Despite all this, I couldn't take a series loss against Anaheim. They will rub it under our nose for the rest of our lives. If we win it, we can return the favour. :D

One way or the other. I'm pumped for the next round. And I think the Kings can only beat themselves. Let's wait and see.

Not only we will Ducks fan will rub a series win from us but it will satisfy Brian Hayward's dislike with the Kings. I beleive during St. Lou's series last year he kept saying negative stuff about the Kings.

We will see tonight on who we will face on the second round.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Pens should be worried going forward. I don't think Vokoun is a long term solution, and MAF is just mentally brittle now.

If the Isles had a real goalie, they would have taken this series.

The East sort of looks like a disaster overall, with the hockey being played. I don't think the Sens are as good as the Habs made them look. I'm assuming B's will advance, and they're only playing decent hockey. I know "anything can happen in the playoffs" and all, but if the West doesn't take the Cup again, I'll be shocked.

I disagree. The New York Islanders would not have taken this series with better goaltending. The offence still needs to produce, which failed to show up in two games. The least amount of goals the Pittsburgh Penguins scored in a game was 3. The Islanders were shut out twice in this series, once against the "brittle goalie" you speak of. The Pens took them in six, and may have done it in 5 had Tomas Vokoun started the series as the No. 1. However, it made sense that the Flower did, because he's still (unfortunately to the distain of some), the future of that team.

The series was speed vs. puck possession and protection. Pittsburgh were the latter. If one says the Isles could have won this series with a better tandem in net, the same could be said about the Pens. I love when people make excuses. This is why one team was 1st in the Conference and the other was 8th. Pens were and are the better team, but that is no slight to the Islanders. They are a great team and I love what they have picked up off of waivers and in trades lately. Michael Grabner for starters....

Fastest skater in the NHL and it's not even close. Great tools with a tool box. Unfortunately he gets **** listed on a third line with a bunch of career minor leaguers in Keith Aucoin and Colin McDonald. He should be playing on that team's top six, seeing primary PP time, getting more offensive zone starts vs. defensive zone starts on the PK (I get it, his speed is great when you're a man short; he stays back and waits for a break out pass), but he's a goal scorer. 4 points in the last 4 games and he gets 13 mins. Last 7 regular season games he had 5 goals and saw 11-12 mins. It's disgusting. They need to use guys like him more properly.

Aside from that I love what I have seen from this young team and they'll only get better with Ryan Strome, Nino Niederreiter, Brock Nelson, and Griffin Reinhart coming up.

Last edited:

Lets go Rangers! In a way I kind of hope the Caps win, just so Pittsburgh can light em' up if they match up in the ECF! :nana:

Pens have the Caps number in the playoffs and it would be so fun to troll BumbleBee. :D

Plus I like Mike Green. Nice to see the guy coming along so nicely.

Lets go Rangers! In a way I kind of hope the Caps win, just so Pittsburgh can light em' up if they match up in the ECF! :nana:

Pens have the Caps number in the playoffs and it would be so fun to troll BumbleBee. :D

Plus I like Mike Green. Nice to see the guy coming along so nicely.

So today your a Pens fan, I guess that makes sense since your Jets aren't in the playoffs. Just wait next season will come soon enough and you can go make to jumping fromone bandwagon to another!

Oh by the way I'm hoping for a Pens/Caps ECF also, I want my team to be the team to beat Cindy and the Pens!

I disagree. The New York Islanders would not have taken this series with better goaltending. The offence still needs to produce, which failed to show up in two games. The least amount of goals the Pittsburgh Penguins scored in a game was 3. The Islanders were shut out twice in this series, once against the "brittle goalie" you speak of. The Pens took them in six, and may have done it in 5 had Tomas Vokoun started the series as the No. 1. However, it made sense that the Flower did, because he's still (unfortunately to the distain of some), the future of that team.

The series was speed vs. puck possession and protection. Pittsburgh were the latter. If one says the Isles could have won this series with a better tandem in net, the same could be said about the Pens. I love when people make excuses. This is why one team was 1st in the Conference and the other was 8th. Pens were and are the better team, but that is no slight to the Islanders. They are a great team and I love what they have picked up off of waivers and in trades lately. Michael Grabner for starters....

Fastest skater in the NHL and it's not even close. Great tools with a tool box. Unfortunately he gets **** listed on a third line with a bunch of career minor leaguers in Keith Aucoin and Colin McDonald. He should be playing on that team's top six, seeing primary PP time, getting more offensive zone starts vs. defensive zone starts on the PK (I get it, his speed is great when you're a man short; he stays back and waits for a break out pass), but he's a goal scorer. 4 points in the last 4 games and he gets 13 mins. Last 7 regular season games he had 5 goals and saw 11-12 mins. It's disgusting. They need to use guys like him more properly.

Aside from that I love what I have seen from this young team and they'll only get better with Ryan Strome, Nino Niederreiter, Brock Nelson, and Griffin Reinhart coming up.

Hell has frozen over... for once I agree with Eli.

My guess is Fleury starts against the Sens, if he ****s the bed once more, Id venture to guess the look to move him in the off season.

Already got my tickets for games 3 and 4 in Ottawa :rock

That was a fun game to watch, except the after the game scrum, I really hate those.

It's really getting laughable just how one sided the refs are calling this series, I mean seriously can the refs help the rangers out any more then they already are?

It's really getting laughable just how one sided the refs are calling this series, I mean seriously can the refs help the rangers out any more then they already are?

Stop with this complaint, it drives me nuts when I see this. We all see what we want to see, I saw the refs missing calls on the capitals all series but I realize that's because I'm a rangers fan. The refs are always out to get your team regardless of whom your team is.

Stop with this complaint, it drives me nuts when I see this. We all see what we want to see, I saw the refs missing calls on the capitals all series but I realize that's because I'm a rangers fan. The refs are always out to get your team regardless of whom your team is.

PP's are 19-7 in favor of the Rangers since game 2. 19-7!!!

Today in a game 6 with the Rangers down 3-2 in the series it was 5-0. The same two officials reffed the Ducks-Wings game 6 and with the Wings down 3-2 in the series the Ducks, Like the Caps, got exactly ZERO PP's in that game.

As a hockey fan, we can all say some teams get away with stuff, but to say that 19-7 since game 2 and 5-0 today is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

First, why present stats starting with game 3? if you looked at the full series maybe the numbers would be closer.
Second, the rangers took the least amount of penalties in the league during the regular season(also having the lowest average penalties per game). Could this mean that the Rangers play a more disciplined game?

****ing right boys!!! :rock

tumblr_lrkomxVBsq1qbjavzo1_500.gif

Back