NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 NHL Season

PP's are 19-7 in favor of the Rangers since game 2. 19-7!!!

Today in a game 6 with the Rangers down 3-2 in the series it was 5-0. The same two officials reffed the Ducks-Wings game 6 and with the Wings down 3-2 in the series the Ducks, Like the Caps, got exactly ZERO PP's in that game.

As a hockey fan, we can all say some teams get away with stuff, but to say that 19-7 since game 2 and 5-0 today is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

He lives! BTW I will say there was an awful play where Ovechkin overacts a slash. Besides that, what is up with him in this series? At least Ward and Green have been solid.

The series was speed vs. puck possession and protection. Pittsburgh were the latter. If one says the Isles could have won this series with a better tandem in net, the same could be said about the Pens. I love when people make excuses.

Of course the same could be said about the Penguins. It could be said about any team. Vokoun gave them solid goaltending - he was the only goalie in the series to show up and be reliable. Fleury had one decent game, against a team who clearly looked just happy to be there; it was the same situation in game one of BOS-TOR.

But I don't think Vokoun is the playoff answer, and with how Pitt's defense has been performing, this will probably get shown sooner rather than later.

2013-05-12_22-09-24_471.jpg

2013-05-12_21-39-23_516.jpg

This guy's shirt wins.

Keep using that lame **** attitude. You know I was a Pens fan from Day 1. I became a Jets fan because we got a team two years ago. btw I was a Pens fan before Jets, so get your ****ing facts straight dip****.

I have a local NHL team now, how hard is that to comprehend? Now get your ****ing head out of your ***, you ****ing annoying broken record.

Oh look, I hit a nerve with little miss sensitive! :lol

It's ok you whore out from one team to another, you just don't know any better.

Oh by the way I have a local team that's won the cup(canes), but I don't go rooting for them.....I stick with my one team.

Of course the same could be said about the Penguins. It could be said about any team. Vokoun gave them solid goaltending - he was the only goalie in the series to show up and be reliable. Fleury had one decent game, against a team who clearly looked just happy to be there; it was the same situation in game one of BOS-TOR.

But I don't think Vokoun is the playoff answer, and with how Pitt's defense has been performing, this will probably get shown sooner rather than later.

Time will tell. They also have a new roster with everyone figuring and sorting things out. It may seem as though things have gelled, but there are still details that the new guys don't know of the main core, and the same could be on the flip side. As they get more comfortable and new guys get acclimated, they'll get even better. If this is the best you think you have seen out of them, you maybe disappointed. But again, you maybe right. I don't necessarily think Vokoun is the answer, but I do think this tandem could take them very far. It's better than the tandem that took them to two Stanley Cup Finals and a Cup win, so one would be ignorant to miss that important part of history.

And no Deeznutz, Fleury does not start as the No. 1 in Ottawa. I always believed that they will continue riding the hot goalie. If Vokoun has a collapse, of course MAF comes in.

Sorry for your lose but that honestly has nothing to to with the here and now of this thread. If you can't separate the two, well then thats another
subject all on it's own. If venting like this makes you feel better though, then go right ahead.

Look, I don't handle stuff easily now. I have had a lot come down on me. In case you haven't noticed I have become overly angry lately (big duh), more-so than ever before. I am just sick and tired of the crap... I don't have a chance to rebound and get over the last loss. It seems like every two weeks I lose a person close to me or an animal. The pet had crystals in his urine and was sick for some time, but his time just so happened to come a week and a half after my dad's passing. Then this past weekend I got news of another loss. I lost a friend. I cared greatly about this person. It just is a lot on a person... and I don't handle being picked on well. Right now, everything gets me frazzled. I was also averaging 3 hours of sleep. I have never been this angry. I just feel like I am being pissed on. I get that everyone goes through crap, but at least give me months, half a year to get over something as big as a lose of a friend, parent, or a pet... And it's other things.

Sorry for your lose but that honestly has nothing to to with the here and now of this thread. If you can't separate the two, well then thats another
subject all on it's own. If venting like this makes you feel better though, then go right ahead.

I deleted my posts. You can edit out my quoted post. Thank you.

I had some reflection and realized I took it too far.

Edit upon request.

I am sorry.

I am sorry too. You didn't deserve my childish break outs. I know better than this... I just use tragedies as an excuse to flip out, and I can't. That's the stuff that gets people into trouble. I was raised better than that.

I deleted my posts. You can edit out my quoted post. Thank you.

I had some reflection and realized I took it too far.

No worries man. It happens, I just like busting your chops in here.
Wrong time, wrong place.

:1-1:

What you said made sense and then reading again what you posted made me realize I was the one in the wrong. I was in lunatic mode. I can not do that as an adult. This is why I need to see someone. Getting upset too easily.

What you said made sense and then reading again what you posted made me realize I was the one in the wrong. I was in lunatic mode. I can not do that as an adult. This is why I need to see someone. Getting upset too easily.

I get it man, I've been in that place. Once again I'm sorry, all BS we've had aside. I'll be praying for you man.

Getting back to hockey though, game seven tonight! Nervous and excited all in one. It's been a great series and I hate to see it end. All that said.....please win Caps!

I get it man, I've been in that place. Once again I'm sorry, all BS we've had aside. I'll be praying for you man.

Getting back to hockey though, game seven tonight! Nervous and excited all in one. It's been a great series and I hate to see it end. All that said.....please win Caps!

It's not just you who has suffered my wraith. Unfortunately nothing is made personal. But I need to work on it. Seriously want to see someone about that. Life is too short to get angry and frustrated all the time. I wasn't always like this. Just has been a real crummy past two years. Especially these past 12 months. I need to be able to shrink things down and see them for what they really are. Nothing in the big picture.

I have recently backed off from the dating game, despite a few parties showing interest. If a guy can get to me on a message board, how am I going to handle a person face-to-face.. Anyway, getting back to hockey as well... I want to see a Pens/Caps ECF.... that and I love seeing Torts lose. Ovechkin better wake up soon.

Right now the Leafs have an '08 Bruins vibe to me. They fought back from 3-1, but ultimately dropped Game 7. Hopefully it plays out the same way otherwise there will be housecleaning coming soon to Causeway Street.

Alright CAPS, enough of the bs, it's time to put the Rangers down tonight. No choke jobs, I fully expect to move on to the 2nd round.

(don't break the hearts of your fanbase again)

Intersting facts:

1. CAPS are 2-8 in all-time Game 7s.

2. CAPS are 2-6 in all-time Game 7s at home.

3. Rangers are 0-5 in all time Game 7s on the road.

Something has to give here.

I don't dislike the Rangers as much as I just can't stand Torts... But in a way you need those guys to route against.

Back