NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both teams sucked ass last night. Wasn't their typical game. I'm still asking who Matt Fraser is. Could of been anybody who scored that type of goal.

They needed to get more pucks at the net, Habs had no offence

When the game started I thought, who's matt fraser

Both teams sucked ass last night. Wasn't their typical game. I'm still asking who Matt Fraser is. Could of been anybody who scored that type of goal.

I'd call the entire game pretty flat. There definitely wasn't the same emotion you usually see. I think we're looking at 7 in this series. Both teams will probably hold on home ice and then who knows what happens in the 7th.

Matt Fraser has been a pretty decent hand in the AHL for a few seasons now, but hasn't had much time in the NHL yet.

Matt Fraser is a big bodied player, with deceptive speed. Not the fastest, but don't get him wrong, he has a good strong stride to his skating. He is a finisher. He's all about his shot. He has a great accurate wrist shot that was highlighted by him winning the AHL skills competition for best shooting accuracy. Hit 4 targets on 5 attempts. He's got a nose for the net. Not the smartest player, so he relies on space, positioning, his size, and shot to get him on the scoreboard. He's a player who benefits with ice time, the man advantage, and playing with strongly skilled line mates. He has top six upside with a range of 25-30 goals. But expect a third line role who can dish out the odd hit, and be good for 15-20 goals.

You're talking to the walking encyclopedia of hockey here folks. You have a question, ask me. :)

btw Outside of P.K. Subban my favourite player in the Bruins/Habs series is Brendan Gallagher. I love the fact they have him on the ice against Zdeno Chara. He's getting under the big guy's skin and he's so effective when he plays that agitating role. Not to mention he brings a good offensive game with him. He's such a great high skilled energy player. I traded Tobias Enstrom, Derek Roy, and Fla's 2nd (a mid round 2nd), for Brendan Gallagher, Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau, and Jannik Hansen. I believe I may have won that deal already. It all depends how Gaudreau turns out and if Hansen can rebound.

Despite my disdain for the New York Rangers. Tonight I am a fan. I hope the Rangers and Martin St. Louis success in tonight's game. Losing a parent is a horrible thing. I know all to well recently how much it stings. Somethings are more important than hockey and seeing your team win. I want Marty to have a great game tonight.

Matt Fraser is a big bodied player, with deceptive speed. Not the fastest, but don't get him wrong, he has a good strong stride to his skating. He is a finisher. He's all about his shot. He has a great accurate wrist shot that was highlighted by him winning the AHL skills competition for best shooting accuracy. Hit 4 targets on 5 attempts. He's got a nose for the net. Not the smartest player, so he relies on space, positioning, his size, and shot to get him on the scoreboard. He's a player who benefits with ice time, the man advantage, and playing with strongly skilled line mates. He has top six upside with a range of 25-30 goals. But expect a third line role who can dish out the odd hit, and be good for 15-20 goals.

Who the hell are you, Mel Kiper Junior? ...lol

I have no life. I am hockey obsessed. I need to put the same kind of passion I have for following hockey into something that can truly benefit me.

I have no life. I am hockey obsessed. I need to put the same kind of passion I have for following hockey into something that can truly benefit me.

Nah, that's cool. We all have our obsessions/interests. Most of us post on this toy message board because of said interests. Me, my obsession is 1970s Bronze era CGC comic books. I could spend all day breaking down those books....lol

You've probably been told this before but you should try to parlay your hockey obsession into getting an entry-level position within a hockey scouting department. Do what you love and get paid for it.

Nah, that's cool. We all have our obsessions/interests. Most of us post on this toy message board because of said interests. Me, my obsession is 1970s Bronze era CGC comic books. I could spend all day breaking down those books....lol

You've probably been told this before but you should try to parlay your hockey obsession into getting an entry-level position within a hockey scouting department. Do what you love and get paid for it.

Good advice, I also love Hockey but happen to live in a country where its Taboo to watch such things

Big win. Can't wait for Monday. Sick day and road trip?:lol Nah, probably pushing it.

As for Pernell and his sideshow. Every time I hear Subban speak post-game, I'm usually still processing/drinking over the game (let alone being able to speak rationally about it). Regardless, it only solidifies how much I'd give to have him on the B's. He's one of the top talents in hockey - there is no doubt about this. His skating and shooting abilities flat out change games for what is otherwise quite a pedestrian Canadiens team. He dives occasionally and plays a fantastic villain on the ice, but he's got the talent and awareness to be a perennial Norris nominee.

Back