NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatley's production (minus what he's shown in the past 4 playoff games) is a reminder of how much I can't stand pro contracts. These ridiculous salaries make me miss my Manitoba Moose. I miss the AHL in my city. I can't until we get official news we got a WHL team. I'll forgo most of my NHL tickets for WHL games anyway of the week minus a Pens/Hawks/Wings game.

I swear every game with the Canadiens is beyond infuriating. They bait the Bruins into stupidity and the referees buy it every goddamn time.

This third period may be the season. If you can't buy a call at home, I doubt you'll get anything up in MTL.

Poor showing by some bruins fans with all that racist garbage. It reflects badly on the rest of us. PK as much as you may dislike him is a great player and everyone in Boston would love him if he were playing for us. Hate the sweater not the person.

And I bet if he scored a winning shot in basketball or a run in baseball, the fans would be fine with it...
Truly ignorant.
Upset because their team lost, but then have to show anger with racism.

That was a great 60 minutes of action played from the Penguins last night. I always said we need to play a full game to be dominant. We were that on Sunday evening.

Now for my thoughts on tonight's game, what better than way than to quote you Deez...

Must win for the Pens tonight, need a big game from 87 and 29.

And I bet if he scored a winning shot in basketball or a run in baseball, the fans would be fine with it...
Truly ignorant.
Upset because their team lost, but then have to show anger with racism.

Much ado about nothing as it turns out.

https://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2014/05/next_time_you_call_6_million_b.html

This article traces the root of the racist tweets issue from Friday. I figured it was some journalists or fans seeking it out and then casting assumptions on the entire city. Turns out it was actually worse than that. Cliffs notes: a Montreal soccer blogger tweeted that the N word was now trending in Boston. I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke or not but it was not even close to true. A Montreal soccer player retweets it to his larger number of followers. Larger media outlets pick up on it from there.

In actuality, there were only a tiny number of legitimate hateful, racist tweets. Many of them from high school kids, many of them not even from Boston. Obviously one of these is too many, but the fact that this became the story that it did with little actual proof is sad. The headlines could have read "High school kids think they're funny on twitter after Subban scores" but that doesn't fit in with the narrative that would get them clicks.

Anyway lets get past that garbage. I am over it. By garbage, it was silly in the first place. Lets focus on the game! I am excited for tonight's game... btw Here's hoping there is no Canadian rioting. This is a Bruins series, so fears are heightened it can go that way. Dimebags will be dime bags. True hockey fans do not destroy their own city whether the outcome.

Last edited:
Maf showing the goalie he can be, integral in last nights win and tonight's game far

35 saves and some huge ones. Two shutouts in a row. Man, this is crazy! 2.22 GAA, and .925 save percentage. Please keep this up!

Goalie coach has been on him to be more square on the puck. What have I noticed in these past two games? He's holding onto that stick of his and he's not flopping around like a fish. He's making text book saves on text book positioning. Simplifying things.

My Habs are fying tonight ! It's true what they say, speed kills ! Price and Subban are in beast mode and Bourque is finally playing well.

Boston needs to shake this one off and regroup

What was Nashville thinking? Laviolette?

I firmly believe if you can't grow a playoff beard you shouldn't be allowed to have facial hair! I'm talking to you Louie erikson! And an even worse offender Sid the kid. Shave that peach fuzz son! Habs played well tonight congrats

Back