next Vs diorama is....spidey vs venom!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
080705spidey_01.jpg

080705spidey_02.jpg
080705spidey_03.jpg

Looks like this will match the style of the Fantastic Four piece more than the previous VS. dioramas. I shall order it!

Gonna have to hold judgement until I see the entire thing.

What's up with all the busts? Go back to making statues sideshow!

Hawkeye set is up... not sure I like it.

Damn....I was really hopeing to be blown away by this one...Spidey looks great, but Venom is underwhelming to me...Oh well. At least I just saved some money.

Not impressed, I'll be sticking with the Hulk vs. Spidey piece. This looks ok, but is should of been amazing.

I'm also waiting to see the entire thing, but I will reserve judgement but most likely pass if it is just a glorified bust.

to early to tell if its good or bad.looking forward to the whole picture
next week to pass judgement.this could still be amazing.i hate these
teaser pictures.

I want to see the whole thing before I say anything. For now, it is a let down. I expected an all out scene.

I really hope this one has legs for Venom. Otherwise you call them Bust Dioramas which is what they really are.

Darklord Dave said:
Finally a Vs. I don't have to get! Unless of course it's awesome looking...

com'on SSC, make it look terrible!

You got your wish!

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
Fully expecting this to go up for order tonight. I really hope it sucks becuase if it doesn't, I'm going to have to get it.

Thanks! Another wish come true!

Last edited:
I like that Spidey has grabbed his tongue. Makes him look less passive or trapped. But for those of you wanting to see the rest, I just don't see how much more there can be to the thing. It's clear that venom is busting through the floor, so we won't be seeing his legs. I think that we are pretty much seeing all there is to see, unless they have intentionally Photoshopped out the larger base for purposes of suspense. I just doubt that there is any more to see of the characters other than what is there in the preview. In general, I was thinking that the Fantastic Four "bustorama" might not fit in with the rest of the VS. line and it seems that this one is a nice piece that bridges the gap between the two, as you have conflict (VS. line) but no legs (bustorama).

I wonder what the exclusive is going to be?

where's dusty when you need her.maybe she could shed some light on this
thread considering alot of people are unhappy.
any comment dusty:monkey3 please

I really wanted to like this one. But, I don't.

I was a BIG fan of the McFarlane Spider-Man era (my early teen years). Unfortunately, I don't see anything in this piece at all that says "McFarlane Spidey and Venom". Erik Larsen, maybe. But, Todd McFarlane? Nope.

PASS for me.

:cool:

Batty said:
A gray version?

Someone had to say it.

Hahahaha!

Playing the what if game...What if there is a "gray" version limited to 50, and Venom had no legs. Seeing many of us are unimpressed, would a "gray" version cause the same pandemonium, on what may be an inferior sculpt?

the Doctor said:
where's dusty when you need her.maybe she could shed some light on this
thread considering alot of people are unhappy.
any comment dusty:monkey3 please

All I can pitch in with at this time is that this piece comes from Martin Canale and the Gore Group. If you have some questions, you can pose them by submitting to our Ask Sideshow form, and we *may* be able to get them answered by Martin and post them as part of a Q&A in the production blog (depending on what the questions are of course LOL)... see this thread for more info:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12061

As for my personal preference regarding this piece, I must admit that I'm not a huge comic/statue fan to begin with (I prefer the Premium Formats), but I really like that Spidey's grabbing Venom's tongue :lol And Venom's claw hands are cool!

Back