NEXT 12" LOTR - NON-FELLOWSHIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next LOTR 12" non-Fellowship figure?

• Saruman

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Nazgul

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Faramir

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Arwen

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elrond

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Eomer

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Darth Loki said:
The problem with this is, there aren't too many bad guys in LOTR. For every baddie, there's 5-10 good characters. This is unless they give us 20 different Orcs, Goblins, and Urukhai (SP).

Saruman
Witch King
Mouth of Sauron
Nazgul
Ringwraith in true form
Gothmog
Lurtz
Sharku
Snaga
Shagrat
Gorbag
Various other Orcs and Urak-Hai
King of the Dead (ok not really a baddie the whole time but still)
A wildman perhaps?
Easterling

So there's lots of potential for baddies. Sure there are a lot of good characters (that outweigh the bad) but there's quite a list of baddies to choose from.

I'll pick up Faramir if he's in his armor like in the cavalry charge, if he's in ranger get-up he's a definite pass. I think I need an "enough with the robes already!" subtitle!

and yeah, I know a lot of the characters wore robes of one sort or another in both LOTR and SW, but there were so many that wore armor of one sort or another that have been virtually ignored as we've been robe-o-tized by robe wearing 1/6th figures from these two trilogies. Bring on some armor!!!!

And you know what I'm going to get for this, Frodo and Sam in their orc armor. Aaaarrrgghhh!

Bring on the armor of Aragorn, the elves, Gordor, and Rohan!!!!

Last edited:
I agree when I think of Faramir I think of him in his Ranger clothes. I really hope we get the ranger outfit. Well the more I think about the more I definitely think it will be Faramir. I mean the only others they can do are Saruman or a Wraith for those wanting bad guys. Plus Faramir will go great with Boromir. After this one I want them to start on the hobbits and Gimli. I cant wait to get Gimli and all of his axes.

Hopefully it's Faramir in Ranger Garb but I'll take anything. Just give me more LotR!! The benefit of Faramir being next is getting the regular edition as well for the potential to customize it to Carl from Van Helsing.

See? Even customizers will love Faramir. He's too perfect! And besides, you don't want Faramir to get the shaft, do you? You don't want to be like mean ol' Denethor, do you? Huh? I thought not. Faramir deserves his due--MAKE FARAMIR!!!

Then you can make all the baddies you want for all I care! :cool:

Well, NO Faramir, or Nazgul or Saruman...NO anything...in this week's newsletter at least...looks like we'll have to keep the debate going until at least next week...

:rolleyes:

Well, they ARE like museum pieces... if they are anything like the protos I saw at SDCC. :D

I was VERY close to cancelling all of my 12" LOTR pre-orders. That is until I saw them. Now I can't. I just HAVE to find the money for them... SOMEWHERE! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I think they will. Those figures are going to be awesome. I just cant wait to see Faramir that Im sure they will be announcing any day now. :D

ya know... I hope it's not Faramir.. just because it would be funny! :D

..it should be a bad guy!!!!

Magic Giraffe said:
I think it's Faramir because fans have been wanting Sideshow to make him for awhile, but I'm hoping that they pull another Jabba type surprise and give us someone like Gollum.

BTW I'm new, I was invited to post here by JLCSMU.

Welcome!

That's an interesting idea -- a Jabba style "surprise". Can't think of what it could be. A Nazgul and steed? Gollum would be great but there are real issues with the jointed body (plus SS still has no short-short body).

In any event, its probably too early in the line to do an environment piece. We don't even have Aragorn yet.

I hoping, as always, that this week's newsletter will come with a nice LOTR PREVIEW.

Back