questions about SS order cancellation due to credit card fraud

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumbler_s

Freaked Out
Reaction score
i suspect i have been had, but i just want to know if there's something i don't understand enough about US bank matters or SS order cancellations.

it goes like this, as much as i can piece together:

1. i am from asia, I got to know an US ebay seller for certain 'New' QS HT figure, dealt with him via paypal. things went well, except when i received the fig, it was not 'new' as claimed, shipper is definitely opened, fig was fine except for a right shoulder ratchet loose/broke. checked with him and he claimed its new(maybe he checked it and nothing was used), i left it as such, maybe its deteriorated over time, i wrote it off as my bad luck. after all, its my 1st transaction with him and i am generally forgiving

2. we continued as friends over FB and chatted sometimes over FB. we offered each other some help to get some figs and send to each other. i confirmed with him that he really needed the SW figs from asia and he claimed so. i paid and sent him some SW HT figs, and in return he offered to help me get the HT Ironman MK45 QS special edition exclusive fig from a certain US retailer XX. he requested i paid up in full for the MK45 QS and he paid me the balance for SW via paypal. that went well. he claimed to have placed order for my MK45. we continued sharing views on collectibles over next few months

3. since june 2016 or so, i was checking on his transaction for the MK45, since the release date was near. well, to my surprise, i was informed his credit card got hacked(i believed frauded). XX couldn't charge his last few flex payment for MK45 and cancelled his order. XX should have refunded paid up amount less NRD as they normally would. the bank apparently voided his card, and did not refund any legit transactions made by any merchants. this was when i started to suspect, but i let him have some time to sort things out.

4. i didn't want to sound too pressing, just occasionally asking him about how's things with the bank. nothing was refunded as he claimed there was nothing he can do with the bank, no offer from him to pay me back QS MK45 full payment as well. on the other hand, i did some CSI with XX and found that there's no known XX accounts under the email address i had from him. i broached this finding to him, he told me XX couldn't release such info due to 'privacy laws' (i was like 'WTH'). And of late he suggested to ship back the SW figs to me as they were still sealed. told him that wouldn't make sense as i don't collect SW figs and my part of the bargain was delivered, only pending his. i told him we wait it out after xmas and new year, not wanting to spoil the holiday mood

what do you folks think? pretty much i have been had right? i can accept it as an expensive lesson, but just not sure if the bank and XX part really occurred as he mentioned. it really sounded odd to me.

i have had 2 other US pals helped me with some cool figs. nothing gone wrong before. this is my only 1st weird dealing LOL

Yeah. That doesn't make sense. If the card was rejected, he should have received a refund for the entire amount. If not, a call to the credit card company should clear it up.

yes, if the card was rejected due to fraud/voided, i am sure the card company would return all refunds/credits to customer. i suppose he is just holding my money. just my luck

Back