NEXT 12" LOTR - NON-FELLOWSHIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next LOTR 12" non-Fellowship figure?

• Saruman

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Nazgul

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Faramir

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Arwen

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elrond

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Eomer

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
I looked at the newsletter in the early hours of the morn and saw the word "brother" and boromirs face and thot 'hey hey' but after much bafflement at seeing Aragorn there i realised it was just the quote from the film.

Very disappointed at no LOTR stuff announced.

Colin

Wor-Gar said:
Any chance we'll see an announcement tomorrow?

Fingers crossed...

I've quit getting my hopes up. There's only so much disappointment one can deal with. I'll get excited whenever they feel like resurecting this line.

Yep... we have found out the answer to this poll!!!

The answer is : NO Figure!!! :monkey2

I suspect we'll hear something new for the line after October (in time for Christmas).

Any news from the French Front. Those lads have gotten hold of some info in the past, prior to Sideshow spilling the beans, particularly with the Star Wars stuff.

I've got a feeling we'll be getting at least a tease in tomorrow's newsletter... :cool:

FlyAndFight said:
Any news from the French Front. Those lads have gotten hold of some info in the past, prior to Sideshow spilling the beans, particularly with the Star Wars stuff.

I've got a feeling we'll be getting at least a tease in tomorrow's newsletter... :cool:

I can only hope you're right. We should start getting 25-30 notices for Aragorn soon since he's due mid-late October.

due to lack of interst in this line on Sideshow's part ive cancelled all my exlcusive preorders. sorry, but i was hoping to have at least the fellowship announced by now. i know the Star Wars line is stealing all the steam from the other sideshow products but they still need to show at least some evidence to keep our hopes up. ill try to pick up the regular editions somewhere down the road but as for now i lost all hope for this line. :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm trying to remember now if it was this line or the PF line that SS stated was only going to be 2 releases per year. Recall that one of the key factors in the ability to release items is the studio. So, you've seen how Lucas is with his stuff, but the same cannot be said of LOTR and New Line. If someone at SS can clear this up that would be great.

Last edited:
Radagaster said:
I'm trying to remember now if it was this line or the PF line that SS stated was only going to be 2 releases per year. Recall that one of the key factors in the ability to release items is the studio. So, you've seen how Lucas is with his stuff, but the same cannot be said of LOTR and New Line. If someone at SS can clear this up that would be great.

I kind of remember hearing something about PF's being only 2-3 due to the high level of detail on the costumes and the material being harder to reproduce. Not sure about the 12" line, though I'd expect somewhere around 5-6 a year to be a solid number, unlike SW which is getting about 15.

wofford29 said:
Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks that the 12'' Boromir looks more like King Theoden than Boromir?
No, you are not. Have a look @ what I said last May about Boromir, in this other thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151327&postcount=4

:D

As for the newsletter tonight... If we are lucky, they announce a 12" NAZGUL tonight! They had a lot of practice lately, with all the Jedi robes they did for the 12" SW line!

Darth Loki said:
I kind of remember hearing something about PF's being only 2-3 due to the high level of detail on the costumes and the material being harder to reproduce. Not sure about the 12" line, though I'd expect somewhere around 5-6 a year to be a solid number, unlike SW which is getting about 15.

2 to 3 per year for the PF's is what was said. For the 12" line it's never really been said (at least not that I can recall). So far we have 3, hopefully 1 more will be announced before years end (though I'd really like 2 to 3 more before the end of the year hehe).

Now with this possible Endor threesome, I'm worried that once again SW will hog all the 'hot new news' and we will not get a LOTR announcement.

I say this hoping I'm wrong of course.

wofford29 said:
Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks that the 12'' Boromir looks more like King Theoden than Boromir?

He looks different in person (much more Boromir like) but yes the pics of him do make him look like Theoden.

They listened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry, let's get a new poll going so we can decide who the next figure to be made is :lol

Can't wait to see more.

Back