Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not at all a PS fanboy--I don't know where anyone would get that idea from

No one has to be a fanboy to understand the numbers--Wii U just isn't doing well, they will probably have a better console come out as soon as they can. I'm thinking they will try to integrate their mobile gaming with the console in some way rather than just trying to compete as a console. Though I think if they were able to match the capabilities of the PS4/Xbox One then they could do well. The Wii U came out too late, they should have released it as the Wii HD without the gamepad, like a year earlier, then it could have competed with PS3/Xbox 360.

Yeah, I really hope that Nintendo go back to having cutting edge graphics with their next console. Alienating yourself from all the current generations third party developers is not a smart thing to do from a financial standpoint.

But one thing that Nintendo are is stubborn, so I'm not entirely sure that they will. But I love the brand so I sincerely hope that they do.

No one has to be a fanboy to understand the numbers--Wii U just isn't doing well, they will probably have a better console come out as soon as they can. I'm thinking they will try to integrate their mobile gaming with the console in some way rather than just trying to compete as a console. Though I think if they were able to match the capabilities of the PS4/Xbox One then they could do well. The Wii U came out too late, they should have released it as the Wii HD without the gamepad, like a year earlier, then it could have competed with PS3/Xbox 360.

:lecture I agree. I love Nintendo and always will, but I honestly don't know if they can survive another console generation like this. IMO they need to really work on their online services (like LIVE and PSN), stop focusing on their marquee franchises so much, and definitely stop trying to aim for the quirky/trendy gameplay tricks. I think the Wii was a great opportunity for them avoid the console battle while still remaining relevant.
The Wii U, while I enjoy mine, definitely isn't competing with anything the PS4/ONE has to offer IMO.Outside of the 1st party game catalog I don't think many people care about playing games on a Nintendo console anymore.

In every Nintendo thread your posts are anti Nintendo. You don't own the systems but come in to talk trash about it.

Nintendo home systems haven't gotten third party support since Super Nintendo.

That is just not true. Just look at the Gamecube ALONE. I don't feel like making list wars (I'm not going to period) but it had plenty.

Anyway, I'm not feeling Wonderful 101 right now. I'm trying to like it but I just end up turning it off after a mission and going back to Bayonetta 2/1.

Nintendo home systems haven't gotten third party support since Super Nintendo.

I'm not sure I agree with this 100%. While support has dwindled the N64 was popular, and the Gamecube had some pretty good 3rd party support. I think it was just the competition that overshadowed the Nintendo consoles that made them look unsupported (PS1, PS2, Xbox)

That is just not true. Just look at the Gamecube ALONE. I don't feel like making list wars (I'm not going to period) but it had plenty.

Anyway, I'm not feeling Wonderful 101 right now. I'm trying to like it but I just end up turning it off after a mission and going back to Bayonetta 2/1.

I owned all 3 consoles at various stages throughout that generation but the GameCube was the only one I had right from the start until right to the end. Mainly because it's such a quality piece of hardware that it still works perfectly fine now. I actually completed the first game in the Legend of Zelda series on my GameCube this year with my Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition. Whereas my PS2 lasted 1 1/2yrs & I then sent it away to Sony to get fixed & got a refurbished one back & that lasted 1yr and after that I was then done with Sony & my Xbox lasted me 3yrs from 2003-2006 when I then got a 360 to play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

So I relied on my GameCube for third party titles like Splinter Cell 1, 2 & 3 & Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I completed this on the Xbox but the GameCube also had the brilliant Beyond Good & Evil. I agree with you, megawarrior, that the GameCube had very good third party support throughout that generation.

I owned all 3 consoles at various stages throughout that generation but the GameCube was the only one I had right from the start until right to the end. Mainly because it's such a quality piece of hardware that it still works perfectly fine now. I actually completed the first game in the Legend of Zelda series on my GameCube this year with my Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition. Whereas my PS2 lasted 1 1/2yrs & I then sent it away to Sony to get fixed & got a refurbished one back & that lasted 1yr and after that I was then done with Sony & my Xbox lasted me 3yrs from 2003-2006 when I then got a 360 to play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

So I relied on my GameCube for third party titles like Splinter Cell 1, 2 & 3 & Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I completed this on the Xbox but the GameCube also had the brilliant Beyond Good & Evil. I agree with you, megawarrior, that the GameCube had very good third party support throughout that generation.

That whole gen was glorious. I own 230~ or so games between all 3 alone.

Picked up Bayonetta 2.

Just curious, is the first game a disc or a download? I'll pick up Bayonetta 2 at some point but I have the smaller wii u that I would need an SDHC card to download anything onto.

I also picked up the wonderful 101. Once I was able to look past the art design and get into the game I couldn't believe at how fun I find this game to be. The levels can go on a little to long but the boss fights make up for any short comings the regular levels have. Freaking awesome game, can't wait to actually play through the whole thing.

How's hyrule warriors? Is it a good multi player game? can you play the story mode with 2 players? It looks fun but if you can't do story mode with 2 players I might pass on it.

Just curious, is the first game a disc or a download? I'll pick up Bayonetta 2 at some point but I have the smaller wii u that I would need an SDHC card to download anything onto.

I also picked up the wonderful 101. Once I was able to look past the art design and get into the game I couldn't believe at how fun I find this game to be. The levels can go on a little to long but the boss fights make up for any short comings the regular levels have. Freaking awesome game, can't wait to actually play through the whole thing.

How's hyrule warriors? Is it a good multi player game? can you play the story mode with 2 players? It looks fun but if you can't do story mode with 2 players I might pass on it.

Bayonetta 1 is on a separate disc. I need to try out Wonderful 101 since it doesn't cost much. I don't have Hyrule Warriors.

Did you guys already see the new Zelda WiiU footage? It's simply beautiful.

Thanks for the info. :hi5:

I'm off to YouTube to find this footage. :yess:

Edit: :dohI peruse the threads from the bottom of the page up to the top & I've just seen that there's a Zelda Wii U thread. So, I'll probably just go there instead. :monkey1

Back