New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on tonnerdoll.com:

TRreborn-web.jpg

Also,

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

Badass thanks for sharing.

For those of you who are getting sick while playing try turning down the aim/camera sensitivity all the way down. Your aim will obviously be slower, but at least you won't get sick while playing. I get sick while playing FPS all the time, so I only play 3rd person games.

But, like with games like RE6 or this tomb Raider game for example, I have to turn that sensitivity down to even get through 30 min of gaming. Since I've turned it down, I've had zero problems. Thank god for this option. Try it out guys and enjoy the game! :rock:

Thanks for the tip! Will give it a go next time I play. Like you, RE6 gives me issues as well, same with Dead Space series. Took me forever to finish Dead Space 1 coz of this reason lol. Still haven't finished part 2.

i havent play video games in a long time but after reading some reviews here by you guys i went and bought it. it was the first time in a long time that i could remember really enjoying a game. i really hope they make a sequel to continue the story

Square-Enix was expecting to sell at least 14.9 million copies of games in the US market and they probably hoped that Tomb Raider could help push it when Hitman and another title "failed" to at ~3 million copies.

Check out this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/26/square-enix-expects-extraordinary-loss-this-fiscal-year-ceo-steps-down/

CEO steps down! Expected 3.5 Billion Yen in profit, but have now expected to report a loss of 13 Billion YEN! This company need to start getting themselves out of the red! Final Fantasy XIII-3 is NOT going to help them since XIII and XIII-2 was quite a disappointment! Feel free to correct me on this but to me it seems like the the days when RPGs sold well in the USA is over. No more RPG glory days for this gen and maybe even next gen like the PS2 days. So Square-Enix bought into other western developers in hoping to make some sales but still operate at a freakin LOSS! :gah:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! Will give it a go next time I play. Like you, RE6 gives me issues as well, same with Dead Space series. Took me forever to finish Dead Space 1 coz of this reason lol. Still haven't finished part 2.

No problem. I hope it works out for you as it did for me. :wink1:

Funny how you mentioned Dead Space. I had problems with that game as well. I only payed the demo but couldn't even handle that, lol. Too bad though. Seemed like an awesome game.

Square-Enix was expecting to sell at least 14.9 million copies of games in the US market and they probably hoped that Tomb Raider could help push it when Hitman and another title "failed" to at ~3 million copies.

Check out this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/26/square-enix-expects-extraordinary-loss-this-fiscal-year-ceo-steps-down/

CEO steps down! Expected 3.5 Billion Yen in profit, but have now expected to report a loss of 13 Billion YEN! This company need to start getting themselves out of the red! Final Fantasy XIII-3 is NOT going to help them since XIII and XIII-2 was quite a disappointment! Feel free to correct me on this but to me it seems like the the days when RPGs sold well in the USA is over. No more RPG glory days for this gen and maybe even next gen like the PS2 days. So Square-Enix bought into other western developers in hoping to make some sales but still operate at a freakin LOSS! :gah:

A 13 billion Yen loss? How much did it cost them to make these games anyways? :dunno

Check out this:

Probably spent too much money on FF.

Probably spent too much money on FF.

I agree on that! Final Fantasy Versus is now a waste now that it would be too late to put on the PS3 with XIII-3 dropping this year. They are going to have to rebuilt it and spend more money to place it on the PS4. Then earlier this month they announced a Final Fantasy for the PS4. :gah: Money thrown away and wasted. I don't agree with the MMO Final Fantasy XIV as the MMORPG market is too saturated and WOW dominated.

RPGs (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim)are still doing well in the US, but the classic Square style jrpg doesn't seem to appeal to gamers here like they use to. I think Ni No Kuni is doing well here, but that's more of an exception to the rule these days. Amazing graphics and great word of mouth have helped that game methinks.

Anyways, this is a cool game

Its funny, cause to me, the original QTE game is/was Dragon's Lair in the early 80's and that is one of my fav games as a kid, to the point where I own it on Blu ray and it rocks

Yep Dragon's Lair is where the whole QTE started. A lot of people point to Shenmue. But that game just reused it. Dragon's Lair was the real deal, guess what the character will do next, follow the flash gameplay. Dragon's Lair I, II, & Space Ace are awesome games.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Tomb Raider sequel is already in production. Sales just aren't as fast as they expected at the full price point. The game will reach their sales target. The movie is in the works too.

Yep Dragon's Lair is where the whole QTE started. A lot of people point to Shenmue. But that game just reused it. Dragon's Lair was the real deal, guess what the character will do next, follow the flash gameplay. Dragon's Lair I, II, & Space Ace are awesome games.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Tomb Raider sequel is already in production. Sales just aren't as fast as they expected at the full price point. The game will reach their sales target. The movie is in the works too.

Well the term quick time event is used to describe stuff like what happens in Shenmue. An emphasis on the word "event". Not a whole game design like Space Ace, but just used occasionally for certain moments.

‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot Moving Forward as MGM Acquires Distribution Rights

https://screenrant.com/tomb-raider-movie-reboot-update-mgm/

Well the term quick time event is used to describe stuff like what happens in Shenmue. An emphasis on the word "event". Not a whole game design like Space Ace, but just used occasionally for certain moments.

It's the same thing. Just in a shorter movie sequence and not the whole game. But you get the point. I still remember watching people go through Dragon's Lair I, II, & Space Ace in arcades. It was a real show of your gamer card. A test of skill & memorization. I was able to finish Dragon's Lair II in arcades but never Dragon's Lair or Space Ace. These games are still better than current QTE because you have to watch the screen and guess a bit. Modern stuff is just press this button.

Started playing the game this morning. Didnt know when i was setting up the audio options that id accidentally set it to Russian. So ive been playing the game thinking im in Russia, that Lara was originally from Russia and wondering what the hell is going on. But i thought it was all part of the game and the English speaking would come later. It didnt. So after a while i thought this cant be right and checked online.

Like a boss

Started playing the game this morning. Didnt know when i was setting up the audio options that id accidentally set it to Russian. So ive been playing the game thinking im in Russia, that Lara was originally from Russia and wondering what the hell is going on. But i thought it was all part of the game and the English speaking would come later. It didnt. So after a while i thought this cant be right and checked online.

Like a boss

That was kinda funny ;)

That was kinda funny ;)
Strangely it did kind of add to the atmosphere of not knowing what was going on. I felt like a child in a foreign country not knowing the language.

However this was not of my doing

dscf6023j.jpg

I was trapped in Russia, i didnt speak the language and there was no floor. The cards were really stacked against me.

Back