Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
new game release via psn & xbla only

CRYSTAL DYNAMICS ANNOUNCES NEW LARA CROFT ADVENTURE
LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT

SAN FRANCISCO (March 4, 2010) — Crystal Dynamics®, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light™, a new game developed by Crystal Dynamics, which will be released via digital download in 2010.

"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," said Darrell Gallagher, General Manager of Crystal Dynamics. "Lara Croft is such an iconic character in video games, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be shown strictly "behind closed doors" at this year's Game Developers Conference beginning on March 9th.

Crystal Dynamics is an award-winning studio located in San Francisco. Founded in 1992, the studio has created and developed key game franchises such as: Legacy of Kain®, Pandemonium®, Gex® and most recently the Tomb Raider® series.

For more information visit www.laracroftandtheguardianoflight.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook - @Crystaldynamics - Facebook.com/LaraCroft

Now that this franchise is in the hands of a new developer, I'm really looking forward it's next game.

I'm really looking forward to the day when a game can be sold as a download and people don't instantly think it's of lesser quality than a store-bought game. Hopefully, this game takes us a step further into that era.

Looks rather lame and uninspiring. This is the best they could come up with right now? Pass.

Based on what? A press release that doesn't mention gameplay one bit? The web site linked in the press release is nothing more than a logo. Is there more info elsewhere? :confused:

Now that this franchise is in the hands of a new developer, I'm really looking forward it's next game.

I'm really looking forward to the day when a game can be sold as a download and people don't instantly think it's of lesser quality than a store-bought game. Hopefully, this game takes us a step further into that era.

i loved shadow complex

Based on what? A press release that doesn't mention gameplay one bit? The web site linked in the press release is nothing more than a logo. Is there more info elsewhere? :confused:

The look of it. Looks like it plays like loaded and reloaded...member them??

Loaded_Coverart.png

This new game looks good. What have they got to loose, really? They've pretty much already exhausted the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider brand, at least this new one actually looks different than the past 2 or 3.

This new game looks good. What have they got to loose, really? They've pretty much already exhausted the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider brand, at least this new one actually looks different than the past 2 or 3.

Funny a game like Uncharted which was inspired by Tomb Raider does it better now...and poor Lara is left in the dust behind Drake.

The last good Tomb Raider game I played was Legend. Anniversary and Underworld just didn't cut it for me. Something just feels stale. I hope they revive here in a different light as they are working on another real title different than this turd.

are they working on another title? she needs a reboot.

i actually wouldn't mind if she was a supporting character in Uncharted 3... but I don't know how that could/would work out. :lol

are they working on another title? she needs a reboot.

i actually wouldn't mind if she was a supporting character in Uncharted 3... but I don't know how that could/would work out. :lol

I did read somewhere, online or a gaming magazine that the next sequel an official game not a cheap downloadable game would be a reboot. They were going to completely rehaul it and take it back to basics. As they have tried the last few times and failed.

They just need a good story and supporting characters, plus she needs some wit and personality. Give her to Naughty Dog, please! :lol

wasup with all these download games.
pretty soon you will go to the store and buy a dam code so you can download the game.

man ! I was so glad I was a couple of people back on the line before getting god of war 3. I was going to get the ultimate eddition till some dude was showing hes friend in the line that all the soundtrack and a bunch of other stuff has to be downloaded online.

WTF !

I am so glad I dint buy it.

I played 5 minutes of the demo and couldn't take it anymore. Had to quit, I was quite bored. No thanks, I'll save my money for Shank, which no doubt will be awesome.

Back