Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally opened my Spidey today!! It hs been waiting in my back room since I got it like 2 months or so ago. The statue was perfect no rubs, paint mistakes or nothing.

I finally opened my Spidey today!! It hs been waiting in my back room since I got it like 2 months or so ago. The statue was perfect no rubs, paint mistakes or nothing.

dang I just checked its be sitting since early March... a lot longer than I thought.

Congrats Rick. Glad to hear he turned out good for you.

Damn, that was 'brave' of you to wait so long.... Especially for this piece.

It sure was brave of him to wait that long. However, Rick has serious skills with a brush so I have no doubt that he would have been able to take care of any paint app issues he may have encountered. Not that he should have to.

Yeah. I was lucky. Mine went out in the 1st wave and I was waiting to get my office redone and all my display cabinets in here. I finally did it yesterday now I have to get my carpet redone and I am completed!!
Hey Phillip thanks for the props! I hope to paint again someday I have not for a few years now.

I know these go out in batches but has anyone actually converted off the waiting list recently?

Did anyone else have a base with a cushion support pad thing slightly shorter than the others? My statue tilts down over to the left so I had to support it with some papers/pamphlet under that pad to balance it out.

^^^ order new ones from amazon and replace them all. I'd also add a little crazy glue to fix them permanently

So my Spidey came in today and really happy with him. Don't feel like pictures need to be uploaded since there are a bunch here anyway. The only two 'flaws' I notice was his Reg head. It looks like there was a paint drip on his left eye and you can see a white outline. Luckly, the EX head came out perfect and I perfer that one away for display. The other is his leg. Though I did not get a scuff marks that look bad as some have gotten, I did get a small one on his knw area. Really hard to notice in person and to some degree, it looks part of that shadow outlines from his muscles. Overall, really glad with what I got.

054A389B-E97C-46FE-A4BA-7F6B269C9361.jpg

A22DDD7A-7EA5-49D5-976E-9F3E3055AE09.jpg

You should contact SS at least to replace that reg head. The body might be tough, since so many here couldn't get a replacement body. But either way, it wouldn't hurt to try your luck anyway.

Yeah, I think I'll contact them to see with they can do something about the replacing the Reg head. As for the body, I've seen images of those having worse scuffs and still not get a replacement so I doubt I will. But as I mentioned before, it really is not too notiable and the picture makes it look worse than it really is.

^^^ I can't believe that after all the documented issues with the paint smudges that the new batches are coming in with the same issues on the blue portions of the legs. very disappointing

Just received mine as well.. I have a lot of paint smudges from the body... When I unboxed it I can see some paint smudge even from the paper covers.. It looks like they boxed the statue even if the paint was not fully dry..

IMG_5400.jpg

Back