Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sideshow... yes. smaller companies do it, but with the volume produced by Sideshow, edition sizes and such, they'd probably need a whole team. A 5000-6000-7000 edition size by Sideshow is the equivalent of 6-7 combined edition sizes by other companies, can't see one guy tackling all the work.

doesn't have to be one an in-house painting workshop or something. I just find it incredibly strange that when people want to return statues because of paint lines etc. Something that could take someone an hour or so to fix they wont touch up to then sell BUT i don't know of anything that goes behind closed doors at a statue company. Thats why I am asking

doesn't have to be one an in-house painting workshop or something. I just find it incredibly strange that when people want to return statues because of paint lines etc. Something that could take someone an hour or so to fix they wont touch up to then sell BUT i don't know of anything that goes behind closed doors at a statue company. Thats why I am asking

Shipping back and forth probably costs more than producing the statue in the first place. Nevermind employing a painter.

My EX has just reached and returned back to SSC. I jumped on the WL for the EX again. I really want one of these but in better shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. They ship to you, you find issues so return it. They fix it then ship it to you again.
3x shipping, paid by them, probably more than the statue cost them to produce.

No. They ship to you, you find issues so return it. They fix it then ship it to you again.
3x shipping, paid by them, probably more than the statue cost them to produce.

If I don't like it and return it I get a refund and they have a statue in hand that according to them they wont sell, in that situation I don't see why they wouldn't use an in house painter to touch it up and then put it on the market again. Does that make more sense?

Hey guys, got my EX, unfortunately some flaws, what do you think?

image1 (4).jpg

image2.jpg

image3 (1).jpg

My Ex is already sealed back and to be sent tomorrow for a full refund. According to SS, it has some minor flaws and of course, the usual $50 credit

My Ex is already sealed back and to be sent tomorrow for a full refund. According to SS, it has some minor flaws and of course, the usual $50 credit

I don't blame you. I can even see the finger print of the painter in the blue paint. I'm new to this hobby but SS needs to send QC folks to the factory at least once a month for inspections. These paint issues are just pathetic.

I don't blame you. I can even see the finger print of the painter in the blue paint. I'm new to this hobby but SS needs to send QC folks to the factory at least once a month for inspections. These paint issues are just pathetic.

Yeah, I wouldn't keep that statue if I were you. Too many noticeable paint flaws in very noticeable places!

Sorry to hear that the statue had some issues. They seem to be all over the place with the amount of credit that they're offering. Regardless, they haven't offered an amount that would actually cover the cost to have it fixed.

To be honest, the paint isn't that well protected, it can easily come off with 70% isopropyl alcohol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good eye! That is indeed a fingerprint. Lol!

SSC could actually use that fingerprint to figure out who the painter was. Accountability.

Back