Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting that this is a pic of the actual sculpt and then they photoshopped in the colors. Pretty cool.

A tad bummed about it not being mixed media but oh well.

How do you know the colors are photoshopped?

Im glad we have Igo saying its in paint now timed with the teaser pic release, Ive always wondered why it takes up to or over a year to ship. I assume next is Marvel approval, casting thousands then painting same.

I'm not expecting it anytime soon

I think it could be a little faster than we would all think. This feels like SSC getting out in front of other companies and making a statement and choosing Canale to sculpt this is the exclamation point at the end to it. "Here you go our best and most DYNAMIC Spiderman EVER !". If the let the excitement die after that, well, that is just foolish.

I think it could be a little faster than we would all think. This feels like SSC getting out in front of other companies and making a statement and choosing Canale to sculpt this is the exclamation point at the end to it. "Here you go our best and most DYNAMIC Spiderman EVER !". If the let the excitement die after that, well, that is just foolish.

Agreed. I have a feeling that Sideshow will start blowing our minds in the near future, pulling out all the stops. Looks like Sideshow is rising to the challenge, real or imagined. who cares(?), we win.

Just wondering why SS did not continue original Spidey comi line, with Venom, Carnage, & Rhino being the other releases? Martin Canale was the head of that project, churning out some truly beautiful sculpts, & yet the project dies? A multitude of "A" list characters were simply ignored or abandoned, With of course plenty of interest, & room, for additional Spiderman statues!? Strange & disturbing.

Agreed. I have a feeling that Sideshow will start blowing our minds in the near future, pulling out all the stops. Looks like Sideshow is rising to the challenge, real or imagined. who cares(?), we win.

Just wondering why SS did not continue original Spidey comi line, with Venom, Carnage, & Rhino being the other releases? Martin Canale was the head of that project, churning out some truly beautiful sculpts, & yet the project dies? A multitude of "A" list characters were simply ignored or abandoned, With of course plenty of interest, & room, for additional Spiderman statues!? Strange & disturbing.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add these future 1/4 villains to the old COMs. They are all 1/4 pieces (Spidey is actually slightly larger) so they should all look pretty good together. I probably won't be picking up this new Spidey PF but I can assure you that I'll dive right into a new Green Goblin PF if it looks good and add it to my original Spidey COM. I think they'll look great together.

Competition is a wonderful thing. They had to do something as other companies were eating their lunch when it came to Marvel.

The main issue Sideshow has is consistency. They'll put out a 3 good statues and it begins to look like a cool line is coming together.....and then they shift focus to something else. They are their own worst enemy.

Man, I already have the original trinity and I can't wait for this line. Will be some nice competition once XM puts out their Spidey line. Has anyone confirmed if this line will be fully sculpted?

Back