Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. Even with the disappointing price, who can be mad at this?

DJ4EMTO.jpg

Such a brilliant looking statue. This is the 1/4 Spidey I've been wanting. The art direction, that pose .....
However, my 2 favorite Spidey sculpts remain the same. I like the original COM and the Koto Spidey best. They are still the 2 pieces I measure all other Spidey statues to. Timeless pieces in my book.
To me, the Koto was the one to beat. This new SSC Spidey has me debating which one I like better. No mass produced Spidey statue has rivaled the Koto before for my taste. This new Spidey is such an exciting piece to me.
I have the old com the PF the koto and the JSC. I always felt like the koto just looked best. It was sadly too small.
Being too small might have been it's weakness. Like you, I also think it looked the best out of the ones you mentioned.

Couldn't agree more golden boy. This aren't supposed to be investments in my eyes... These are heart purchases for me, not mind.

Couldn't agree more golden boy. This aren't supposed to be investments in my eyes... These are heart purchases for me, not mind.

Which is why it's so unfortunate that we'll have to stop listening to our hearts quite so much now.

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

I go to bed and wake up to essays :lol too much reading :lol

I owed the original com and thought it was great. I prefer the look of this one. Will only know for sure in hand. :) buy what you like.

Last edited:
Great, great looking piece, and will probably look even better squared off against the GG. Any doubt that is the first villain out of the gate?

The dissapointing thing, looks like we skipped straight to the $470 price point. Which, even if you swallow it to get this, with everything else following suite, what is left that you will feel compelled/justified to get? Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Brown Wolverine, Magneto, Flash...damn they just all got real expensive whenever they show up.

Now, what I don't get is comparing it to the original Com. Great, if you own that and love it, good for you. For those that don't, you are not touching it for $470, and neither will you be able to get a future Spidey from brand X for that price. So it is a bit of a quandry, that is, for those willing to brave these new price points. I am not out yet, but will pass on many characters I merely like and don't love at these levels.

If I knew for sure SSC was going to make a Green Goblin to compliment this piece, this would be a day one pre-order. Unfortunately, as this stands, its a regrettable pass. Pose has grown on me, but not digging the diorama choice. I am not a dedicated PF collector, but have sought very specific characters, and Spidey is one of them. Very frustrated. Price is the nail in this coffin :ohbfrank:

If I knew for sure SSC was going to make a Green Goblin to compliment this piece, this would be a day one pre-order. Unfortunately, as this stands, its a regrettable pass.

Without wanting to get you too excited :lol i have heard from a reliable source that a new GG PF is on the way and will be an accompany piece to the new Spidey PF :rock

Great, great looking piece, and will probably look even better squared off against the GG. Any doubt that is the first villain out of the gate?

The dissapointing thing, looks like we skipped straight to the $470 price point. Which, even if you swallow it to get this, with everything else following suite, what is left that you will feel compelled/justified to get? Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Brown Wolverine, Magneto, Flash...damn they just all got real expensive whenever they show up.

Now, what I don't get is comparing it to the original Com. Great, if you own that and love it, good for you. For those that don't, you are not touching it for $470, and neither will you be able to get a future Spidey from brand X for that price. So it is a bit of a quandry, that is, for those willing to brave these new price points. I am not out yet, but will pass on many characters I merely like and don't love at these levels.

Agreed. Prices are getting weird. At 500$+ shipped, I'd expect AT LEAST to receive something more. A decent switch out, so to say, without having to order the Exclusive. The more the prices rise, the more the Reg/Ex model gets obsolete.

If I knew for sure SSC was going to make a Green Goblin to compliment this piece, this would be a day one pre-order. Unfortunately, as this stands, its a regrettable pass. Pose has grown on me, but not digging the diorama choice. I am not a dedicated PF collector, but have sought very specific characters, and Spidey is one of them. Very frustrated. Price is the nail in this coffin :ohbfrank:

Without wanting to get you too excited :lol i have heard from a reliable source that a new GG PF is on the way and will be an accompany piece to the new Spidey PF :rock

Hasn't been officially confirmed but enough hints have been dropped about Green Goblin going with this

On the other forum:
- Igo mentioned this is the first in a line if Spidey and villains
- about a week ago I asked him for a hint at the first villain, the hint he gave is that villain heavily incorporates green. He also said it wouldn't be ready for SDCC but would be seen soon after
- the description page for the Spidey PF flat out says the pumpkin bombs on the base are Green Goblin's. That might not mean too much since Cylcop's PF had Magneto's helmet on it, years later still no Magneto PF.

But I also asked what makes these Spidey PFs a "line" of their own. He said the bases are themed and all of them will be in more dynamic poses, no museum poses. That being the case, it seems highly likely there's a Green Goblin coming to match this Spidey.

Greater question is what other villains are we getting and how deep will this line go?...I hope its ongoing

While I agree that this Spidey PF looks very dynamic, there's no way I would say it makes the original COM look dated. The original COM is a classic statue. A timeless masterpiece. Nothing dated about it IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the cq is still a great piece and I beat myself up a long time when I missed it, but if SS nails this, IF, the mostly primary colors on the cq will look simple compared to that. The sculpt on the new PF looks just that much better, add the base and pose....

The original Com matches this piece in most departments, and where it doesn't there is an equal and opposite trade off. Where this piece has a dynamic pose and interactive base, the Com has a solid pose and base with the proper feeling of weight (and I am not talking about the actual weight of the thing) that you would expect for a man on a wall. Both sculpts are amazing and I would expect nothing less from master Canale. As for the paint apps the original com has more depth of shading than can be seen with pics, and I won't jump for joy for this one till I have seen they pull that paint job off. I think both pieces are equally good, but for many the comparison will control if they purchase this one or not because most won't want to drop $500 on something unless they really really thnk they are getting value for their money, and the value decreases if you already have a great piece. That is my issue. I got my original for a price just a bit higher than this one, and I could probably sell it and buy this AND the varient, but I don't know if I can part with it.... Hence why I didn't want to like this he, because obviously Spidey is my boy...lol

I got my original for a price just a bit higher than this one, and I could probably sell it and buy this AND the varient, but I don't know if I can part with it.

You'd be nuts to part with it to get this imho. :)

If they are going to have better qc, scuplts and bases I will gladly pay a bit more. I am loving this piece.

Hasn't been officially confirmed but enough hints have been dropped about Green Goblin going with this

On the other forum:
- Igo mentioned this is the first in a line if Spidey and villains
- about a week ago I asked him for a hint at the first villain, the hint he gave is that villain heavily incorporates green. He also said it wouldn't be ready for SDCC but would be seen soon after
- the description page for the Spidey PF flat out says the pumpkin bombs on the base are Green Goblin's. That might not mean too much since Cylcop's PF had Magneto's helmet on it, years later still no Magneto PF.

But I also asked what makes these Spidey PFs a "line" of their own. He said the bases are themed and all of them will be in more dynamic poses, no museum poses. That being the case, it seems highly likely there's a Green Goblin coming to match this Spidey.

Greater question is what other villains are we getting and how deep will this line go?...I hope its ongoing

Any info on if these upcoming villains will be fully sculpted or mixed media?

If they are going to have better qc, scuplts and bases I will gladly pay a bit more. I am loving this piece.

Yeah i'm still interested in the other statues from this line. I was interested in this one until i saw the bread base. I'd have waited to see in hand pics first before ordering though.

Back