Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main thing I'm not crazy about is the position of the two legs cross ankled behind the figure. I realize that the general pose gets the idea and attitude across that he is vaulting over this girder- but the positioning of both legs behind the figure amounts to nonsense. You wouldn't propel yourself forward with your midsection, you would lead with your head and upper body, or alternately with your leg(s). This figures head and shoulders and feet/legs are both trailing his pelvis.

I get that attitude is important in making something like this more visceral. It's just that I don't have a great deal of admiration for the artist when he has an easy opportunity to make it more viable. All that was needed was to give the right leg more forward positioning. You can still make him look 'spidery', you're just not making it look quite as dumbed down as it looks now (to the three or four people out there who understand the biomechanics involved).
My imagination can totally make sense of that pose. He could be coming off of another webline, his body in mid swing, about to shoot another webline, using one hand to push off the base. His hand on the base doesn't necessarily mean he's vaulting over it, he might have already been high enough above it to clear it, & simply planted his hand on the base to push off in another direction.
If this thing doesn't lean - I doubt Spider-man will:

View attachment 186385
I think a bunch of these didn't hold up .....

Gouken-vs-Akuma-Street-Fighter-Diorama-001_1361802636.jpg

Which way will Sideshow go? Please Sideshow, you can do it :hi5:

Loving them both and affording them both are 2 separate issues. I have the COM as well, but $$$ and space force me to have to choose one of them for my collection. In the end, I just can't part with the COM so I'm passing on this PF. I'm sure Shawn is in a similar boat and has to choose one of them.

I probably worded it wrong, but I was basically asking him if money and space was an issue forcing him to choose one. If not, then nobody would think it's silly to own two Spidey statues, and that way he wouldn't have to choose one more than the other. Of course, if he has to choose then it's just about going with what speaks to you more...which is harder in this case since it's a year before anyone will see it in-hand. Trust me, I'm the first to know about money and space constrictions (apartment living ftw!) so I'd never just say, "Psh, just buy both, who cares!" willy nilly! :)

In the end hopefully everyone just ends up with the pieces they love most with no regrets! :D

Yup, I was gonna buy this too and realized why I bought my JSC version from the beginning. I would regret selling my JSC to get this one because it's just different and I love that about it. Edition size or rarity be damned, if your going for one representation don't let ES and rarity cloud your judgement. Get what makes you happy. It's the only way to collect IMO.

That's pretty much all you had to write, and that's pretty much how everyone should collect. This is a silly hobby to get into if you're looking to make money. Every statue should almost be looked at as money lost, because you can never be certain of what'll happen (even though in many cases you'll be able to break even.) I've only ever bought pieces that speak to me as soon as I see them...pieces I'll want to look at day in and day out without ever just going, "Meh."

Just today I was admiring my Deadpool PF...twice I walked into the room where it is, and both times I stopped and just went, "Wow." Same thing happens when I glance over at my Alien LSBs while watching TV...that feeling is what I love most about collecting.

I agree. It's because they thought they were missing out on a short edition run. Then when they found out it was a glitch with the system or Sideshow conspiracy (yeah right) and could order it, cancelled. And they say Sideshow plays games. Facebook isn't the only place with people like that. This place is crawling with 'em anymore. Sideshow needs to offer ADD/ADHD prescriptions with every purchase.

The Facebook groups are good for a laugh and that's about it :lol

You better check that you can actually cancel first. I'd imagine this "glitch" is going to throw up a situation where a bunch ( a big bunch) of people though " yay , free wait list ". When sideshow might have already taken your cash and are now saying its NRD and you had a statue all along.

You don't WL much do you? They don't charge you to go on the WL, anyone that got converted had the opportunity to cancel without being charged (like every other WL conversion). Only if you don't cancel does it become a live order. This was not a way for SS to make sneaky NRD's.

Yup, I was gonna buy this too and realized why I bought my JSC version from the beginning. I would regret selling my JSC to get this one because it's just different and I love that about it. Edition size or rarity be damned, if your going for one representation don't let ES and rarity cloud your judgement. Get what makes you happy. It's the only way to collect IMO.

I love my JSC Com too. I was thinking it was all the red and blue Spidey I needed, but I could easily have the JSC stuff in its own corner and add this 1/4 to my Marvel group. Was planning on picking up the black for that purpose, but this piece is on a whole other level, difficult to say no to.

I love my JSC Com too. I was thinking it was all the red and blue Spidey I needed, but I could easily have the JSC stuff in its own corner and add this 1/4 to my Marvel group. Was planning on picking up the black for that purpose, but this piece is on a whole other level, difficult to say no to.

I get what your saying and although a lot more dynamic I can only have one and therefore JSC wins for me and that's the joy of collecting. Everyone has their idea of whole other level. If I had unlimited space and didn't have 10 other hobbies I would probably have POed. He's very cool I agree.

I think they'll probably make at least 1500 exclusives. I'm definitely going to order this, but I'm going to wait a little while. I have too many things on order right now. I told myself I'd just focus on DC statues, but there's just so much cool stuff to choose from.

You don't WL much do you? They don't charge you to go on the WL, anyone that got converted had the opportunity to cancel without being charged (like every other WL conversion). Only if you don't cancel does it become a live order. This was not a way for SS to make sneaky NRD's.

Ok. I'll try and explain this once more, probably with bullet points to make it clear ;)

1) A lot of people jumped on this because they thought it went waitlisted. A lot of those people ONLY jumped on it because of this reason. Either A - thinking it was sold out or B thinking they might as well since you only get charged once it's cleared or even C - even if it's not right , best not to take a chance.

2 ) It was never waitlisted according to the glitch ( this sentence is key)

3) therefore everyone that ordered this is being charged an NRD.

My point is if this was a weekday ( it's lucky it's the weekend) every person that ordered this is due an NRD payment straight away. Sure you can cancel , but you might be too late depending on if you checked or not.

Ok. I'll try and explain this once more, probably with bullet points to make it clear ;)

1) A lot of people jumped on this because they thought it went waitlisted. A lot of those people ONLY jumped on it because of this reason. Either A - thinking it was sold out or B thinking they might as well since you only get charged once it's cleared or even C - even if it's not right , best not to take a chance.

2 ) It was never waitlisted according to the glitch ( this sentence is key)

3) therefore everyone that ordered this is being charged an NRD.

My point is if this was a weekday ( it's lucky it's the weekend) every person that ordered this is due an NRD payment straight away. Sure you can cancel , but you might be too late depending on if you checked or not.

Glitch or not they put me on a waitlist and they sent me an email the next day to let me know that it converted. It expained that if I didn't want the item anymore that I needed to let them know before it became a live order, (which usually takes 1-2 business days) or I'd be charged a NRD.

It's pricey and all, but is it insane to just get both? Maybe there's reasons why you can't...but I mean, if you LOVE the Com, then you KNOW you love the Com by this point. This one will very likely turn out to be incredible as well...no way to love them both?

Loving them both and affording them both are 2 separate issues. I have the COM as well, but $$$ and space force me to have to choose one of them for my collection. In the end, I just can't part with the COM so I'm passing on this PF. I'm sure Shawn is in a similar boat and has to choose one of them.

Winner winner ...lol. It is totally a money and space thing. Don't get me wrong... In theory I can afford both the com and this one, but that is $1200 I would have spent on 2 Spidey statues, and I would have to give up on a future order for space reasons. I was even considering passing on this one entirely and maybe just going for the varient when it comes out, BUT this one turned out so damn good that my resolve s crumbling a bit.

I get what your saying and although a lot more dynamic I can only have one and therefore JSC wins for me and that's the joy of collecting. Everyone has their idea of whole other level. If I had unlimited space and didn't have 10 other hobbies I would probably have POed. He's very cool I agree.

Yeah, I know you love your JSC and you even have your Grey Hulk Com to go with it. So I can see why you wouldn't want to sell. I also have other hobbies, and mainl I am also considering trying to save enough money to help me with my digital sculpting tool purchases...lol.

Winner winner ...lol. It is totally a money and space thing. Don't get me wrong... In theory I can afford both the com and this one, but that is $1200 I would have spent on 2 Spidey statues, and I would have to give up on a future order for space reasons. I was even considering passing on this one entirely and maybe just going for the varient when it comes out, BUT this one turned out so damn good that my resolve s crumbling a bit.

Yeah, I know you love your JSC and you even have your Grey Hulk Com to go with it. So I can see why you wouldn't want to sell. I also have other hobbies, and mainl I am also considering trying to save enough money to help me with my digital sculpting tool purchases...lol.

True that man. You could sell your com and buy the new spidey and have cash to purchase any digital tools you need. Food for thought. I'm sure you've contemplated that though.

True that man. You could sell your com and buy the new spidey and have cash to purchase any digital tools you need. Food for thought. I'm sure you've contemplated that though.

Yeah, I'm sure all of us at one time or another has looked at our collections and have been tempted to sell some of our choice pieces for good $$$. My wife does it all the time. She always pays attention whenever I tell her how much some of my more popular pieces are worth in the aftermarket. Her next comment is always...you should just sell it if you can get that much for it. :lol

There's a couple guys on the FB groups showing their JSC Spidey was developing a lean. I was almost on the fence on this one, but that pushed me to a firm "no."

LOL... Yeah I definitely have thought about that. I actually could get some of my low end tools if I did that, but believe it or not if I got the tool I would like to I wouldn't even be able to afford the JSC Com.

Back