New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool they are trying for July. Hope they can make that.

About online bullies: It may be their right to express themselves, but these are unhappy, insecure creatures, who's sole delight is to make others as miserable as they are.

I've had to face real life horrors and cope with them, somehow.
I doubt if many of these "big, tough internet bullies" would fare
as well in such a real world. They're to be ignored, pitied, and then
fogotten.

It's cool they are trying for July. Hope they can make that.

Is this and the information about being more than 50% sold out coming from FB or somewhere? I would really appreciate it if any official info from BC that gets posted there could be quoted here as I am not signed up to FB (and never will be!). Thanks.

Is this and the information about being more than 50% sold out coming from FB or somewhere? I would really appreciate it if any official info from BC that gets posted there could be quoted here as I am not signed up to FB (and never will be!). Thanks.

From their Facebook page...

We would like to thank each and every one of you who has Pre-ordered the Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.
The Signature Edition sold out in under 30 minutes, which was amazing.
There is still stock of the Limited Edition available and we receive sales minute by minute. We passed the half way point a while back, which again is amazing as it has only been available for just over a day now. This version is also hand-numbered and will not be re-released.
Thank you once again
The BIG Chief Team

Thanks Daron. All good news there.

Hand-numbered, eh? Maybe BC could auction off #10 (or Number 10 of the signed edition) for Children in Need! (would also be great publicity!).

I used to buy everything from every fandom I liked... Now I just buy the few really special things and cull things that aren't. That way I have very little in storage and the things I have out can shine instead of being one of many. :) I have a craft room where I have two display cases... I figure much past that and I need to eliminate sone, but that is what's comfortable for me. And it doesn't include my big ball jointed dolls or my japanese 1/6... Oy lol. but everyone has their own way!

Me too! Space is a worry for me, though. There is a point where I think... I don't know what I'm going to do with all this stuff if this keeps up! I was supposed to be limiting my new collections but I added Hobbit stuff, Jem and some of the 8'' retro lines this year. And then I bought the vast majority of the LOTR figures. Sigh. I really need to be better about that. I don't like to have a ton of toys that I can't display just taking up space in boxes. But I have quite a few now. The majority of my CO Doctor Who collection is in totes now. But I'm hoping to have a collection room once I buy a house, which will hopefully be in a year or two.

All that being said... there's no way I'm not getting all the Doctors from this line. :)

And maybe Amy... maybe...

I agree some people get off on feeling like a big guy by making other people feel bad on the Internet. It just makes them look like jerks though.

Reading the post a couple above, it reminded me of how busy my collecting used to be.
I was crazy for all things Trek, and chased many trading card sets, mags, film posters ( I had a thousand or so movie quads) but.. I had so many things, it all ended up in boxes, and racked and stacked in a spare room and the loft.
When I moved to China, I managed to not buy stuff for a year.. Then I got back into Who, so got everything that CO brought out. Then I discovered, gulp! Hot Toys about a year or so ago. And now I'm into the Turtles again.. Aaaaargh!!! I'm worse than I ever was, only I have decided that everything gets displayed. So I'm loving it more than ever.
And these BC figures tie into my two fave collections, and create the best for both worlds.. The best Who and 1:6 figures out there. Lovin it.

I'm getting a lot pickier about what I buy. My rule with the 1/6 stuff is that I don't buy things to put them in boxes, so as I run low on space, I buy less.

1/6 David Tennant and Matt Smith get displayed, and so they get purchased!

I'm getting a lot pickier about what I buy. My rule with the 1/6 stuff is that I don't buy things to put them in boxes, so as I run low on space, I buy less.

1/6 David Tennant and Matt Smith get displayed, and so they get purchased!

I have all my CO stuff on display in my Who room (just as it sounds). The Hot Toys are all out in the main room, and the BC 11 prompted me to open the CO 1:6 figures and set up a Doctor Who 1:6 display I the main room.

I live in a very small apartment. I'm not wealthy.
I buy what I can afford. I have very limited space.
I pick what I will buy rather carefully. I have it all
on display. I'm always happy to replace a lesser
quality version of a particular figure with a much
better version of that same figure.

No one knows yet. They were working on some local distribution. I don't believe they've said how much it'll cost to post and probably won't until much nearer I'd imagine.

Honestly, US Collectors are getting it easy if they only have to pay 27 pounds, and no VAT (value added tax). Even before I stopped most of my collecting I never bought from the US because British customs charges are so unfair and so excessive that they took away any pleasure I had in buying the item.

What did we pay for inland shipping for 11? I forget now but was it £12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back