New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a few more. I think I might have posted these in the past, or was it the future!! :wink1:

Brilliantly done there DVD1. You say you're thinking of a kit of some sort?

Yes. I started on the drawings, but I have been caught up at work with, oh yeah, work. And that's got in the way of this project. I have a holiday coming up next week, and if my feet are clear, I might get back into it.
There was a small scale experimental model produced using a 3D printer. It was quite good. The resins used in 3D printing aren't exactly sustainable tho :rotfl
So, if all goes to plan, I can knock out a couple of these in flat pack form some time in may/ June being realistic.
Just in time for a 10th Doctor perhaps.

Yes. I started on the drawings, but I have been caught up at work with, oh yeah, work. And that's got in the way of this project. I have a holiday coming up next week, and if my feet are clear, I might get back into it.
There was a small scale experimental model produced using a 3D printer. It was quite good. The resins used in 3D printing aren't exactly sustainable tho :rotfl
So, if all goes to plan, I can knock out a couple of these in flat pack form some time in may/ June being realistic.
Just in time for a 10th Doctor perhaps.

Thanks for the fantastic pictures and for taking the time to write it up. So... if you 'knock out' a couple in flat pack form, any chance I could buy one off you for me and the kids...?

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

EDIT - what's wrong with your feet?!?

haha. I was trying to figure out about my feet!!!! I'll rephrase - if I can get my workload cleared!!
Technically, this kit should cost, like nothing to produce. Time, yes.
I wont make promises that I may not be able to keep, but if I get the drawings into the system, and the whole thing works, I'd have no problem preparing extras.
And if you are reading this Mr Ex Parrott, I will throw one your way for ensuring my 10th Doctor.

haha. I was trying to figure out about my feet!!!! I'll rephrase - if I can get my workload cleared!!
I wont make promises that I may not be able to keep, but if I get the drawings into the system, and the whole thing works, I'd have no problem preparing extras.
And if you are reading this Mr Ex Parrott, I will throw one your way for ensuring my 10th Doctor.

Count me in for having a desire to purchase a Tardis kit from you!

It looks truly fantastic, well done.

If you do ever get around to making kit versions, I'd most definitely be down for one, cheers pal. Love to have something that looked that good on my shelf, and would be only too happy to pay whatever you thought was a fair amount. :)

EDIT - thanks for thinking of me buddy, really appreciate it. Definitely consider me very much interested, if it is something that does end up working out. And even if not, I still appreciate the kind thought. :)

Last edited:
Time frame update. I can't do anything until 2nd week in May.
I cannot foresee any manufacturing problems, as all materials are available. I just have to create a more user friendly interface between my system and that used by my mate in DT. During trials, I had to go through two conversion programs!! Although flat pack, the weight of the parts will still be the same as the weight of the finished product. I will cost up the postage at some point. I might get the bases into work today tho, as they are soooooo difficult !!

Indeed. More than happy to wait until whenever for something that looks that good. :)

Looks very jolly I must say. :D

screenshot0aa3.jpg

screenshot0aa1.jpg

screenshot0a2.jpg

screenshot04aq.jpg

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/products/tenth-doctor-50th-anniversary-limited-edition/

These are tough times. I don't think he's going to sell out that quickly.

I have to pass as I just can't afford this type of expenditure anymore. :(

One thing I will say is I'm slightly disappointed in the suit. Doesn't look all that much better then the old CO version imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back