New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if any U.S. sellers like Big Bad Toy Store will be carrying the regular edition. Shipping from the U.K. is expensive.

Seriously though, ordering from anywhere that is not your home country is expensive. Each country has it's share of local import taxes to apply to any luxury item coming in, and the UK seems to have more than its fair share :mad:

The thing for Americans is that it really used to be the only place to get really cool things through the mail. Our US cousins are now having something of an eye opening experience, having to order from other places now. The shoe is slightly on the other foot now. Thank you WWW!

Originally Posted by Prince_Planet
For the record, in case anyone is wondering,
I'll be 56 this year, and I still collect (and enjoy!)
toys.
:)

Well I am 48 and still going strong. :yess:

I'm thinking of getting the regular edition. Do I need to register for a code or will these be available today on their website? Also do they charge your credit card now or when they ship?
It'll be available for standard pre-order today at six, so you don't need to do anything special. You'll only have to pay a deposit (£30, I think, or is that just for the signature edition?) for the time being.

It'll be available for standard pre-order today at six, so you don't need to do anything special. You'll only have to pay a deposit (£30, I think, or is that just for the signature edition?) for the time being.

Cool. Thanks.

Hey, I'm only 42. I'm the baby of the boards!

As for the futzing/ neck/ collar issues sculpted necks never bother me, I don't mind toys looking like toys. I'm sure the clothes will work out with a little futzing - 11's did, and after an initial messaround we have never had to touch them again. I know all about the high price but this is still probably as difficult as clothes ever get on a figure and they look more or less ok to me.

I'm just thrilled to be getting a Tennant that looks like Tennant - the CO version was good for its time but the sculpt on that is incredibly shallow.

My one concern, just going by 11, is the paint job and specifically the grey wash. 11 had a superb paint job, but on a few heads the grey wash ran and either made the figure look dark and sallow or just plain wrong, spoiling some otherwise excellent eyework and paint work. I noticed on some of the photos that Tennant has a grey wash and even then it looked slightly off to me. I mean check it out here - surely it should be a straight line from his mouth to his sideburns (because it represents shaved stubble) but the line doesn't look straight:

10th-Doctor-50th-Anni-131.jpg

With the issue of grey wash, if it works it works well, but when it doesn't it looks awfu. I hope BC either get it right or don't use it.

I'm thinking of getting the regular edition. Do I need to register for a code or will these be available today on their website? Also do they charge your credit card now or when they ship?

Deposit is 15 pounds (about $22) for the edition still available.

Preaching to the converted around here I know, but Big Chief’s uber limited edition 10th Doctor is available for pre-order tonight (25-01-13) at 6:00pm UK time. Act fast if you want one, the signature edition has sold out in under 24 hours. But you can still secure the numbered exclusive if you act fast.

Order here- https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/products/tenth-doctor-50th-anniversary-limited-edition/

You or BC ought to ask https://www.doctorwhonews.net/ the news section of Gallifrey Base to put up a news article about the figure - I'm sure there are many fans who might be interested in the figure who don't know about it and never visit this site or The Celestial Toyroom. They buy a lot of other high-end Who items, if they knew about it - particularly given that it's numbered and limited - they might be interested in this.

So 4000 people signed up for the pre-order didn't translate into a sell-out for the non-sig edition... hmmmmm. Does anyone know how much it has sold? Is it close to selling out and is there any way of telling how many are left the way folks used to monitor Sideshow pre-orders?

You can't put more than one in your cart so I don't think there's any way for us to check stock level. The fact that it didn't sell out isn't totally surprising. As people were saying, a lot of those people may not have realized the price. Or forgot about it. It's easy to sign-up for an e-mail. That's free and quick. :)

I do hope they sell out soon, though. I worry if it lingers too long then future, less popular Doctors will have a tougher time getting made.

Excellent. Well after all the frenzy and excitement of Thursday night, Friday morning...
I had my last 4 hour conference call on the Friday morning, after not getting to bed. Then I had the afternoon to tie up the loose ends and send emails to people and get stuff up and running here, then at about 4 , I went home... And crashed out. This Doctor Who figure cost me, a Friday night!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back