New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the REG no matter what edition I am so excited for this figure. It seems like I have been waiting forever for a 10th doctor ;)

:p :) I'm 33
I have no shame in having "toys". I just don't buy as many due to money and space. :3

Me too! Space is a worry for me, though. There is a point where I think... I don't know what I'm going to do with all this stuff if this keeps up! I was supposed to be limiting my new collections but I added Hobbit stuff, Jem and some of the 8'' retro lines this year. And then I bought the vast majority of the LOTR figures. Sigh. I really need to be better about that. I don't like to have a ton of toys that I can't display just taking up space in boxes. But I have quite a few now. The majority of my CO Doctor Who collection is in totes now. But I'm hoping to have a collection room once I buy a house, which will hopefully be in a year or two.

All that being said... there's no way I'm not getting all the Doctors from this line. :)

And maybe Amy... maybe...

Was just reading through BC's Facebook page...f__k me, there are some extremely rude people out there.

Was just reading through BC's Facebook page...f__k me, there are some extremely rude people out there.

Some people think sitting behind a computer gives them the right to say anything they want. There is little respect for others when it comes to the internet. If you don't like something say it respectfully or don't buy it. BC is doing a service for us. We may be buying the product but they're taking a lot of time to make it. Reading person's posts like that really tick me off. Thanks for pointing it out Chaser. :)

There was a guy who was really,really rude.His thought was that those who purchased the 11th doc should be the first to order the tenth.So his whole point was: "so you didn't buy the 11th uh?You're not a real fan.You don't deserve em docs.Bye bye sucka".And i found their costumer service really good.They responded to my mail and they refunded both of my orders pretty fast.

BC gave the option to everyone who wanted to get the 10th Doctor to sign up and receive the pre-order email a day early. I think that was fair. Giving the option to only let those who bought the 11th doctor buy it first, is like saying the world is working as it should. Those who are born first should be the ones to die first. Good luck with that one.

I for one and glad that BC gave everyone the chance to buy it.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between legitimate criticism and, well, hatred for want of a better word. I was angry on Thursday at the experience I had buying 10, because it was terrible, and I vented my feelings about it, which I think is a healthy thing to do, and then I shrugged it off. But some people store up venom and then release it as a way of making themselves feel bigger, attacking someone from the safety of their home. That's very unhealthy because to get the same charge they have to keep raising and raising the extremeness of their language. They get desensitised to their own aggression.

Being angry is okay as long as you express it more or less reasonably. Being abusive is not.

There was a guy who was really,really rude.His thought was that those who purchased the 11th doc should be the first to order the tenth.So his whole point was: "so you didn't buy the 11th uh?You're not a real fan.You don't deserve em docs.Bye bye sucka".And i found their costumer service really good.They responded to my mail and they refunded both of my orders pretty fast.

I read the one you mean, he was hilarious! "Distusting" and "Atrocious" were bandied about with much gusto. I was literally :rotfl And he just kept on. A real Keyboard-Warrior.

There's a big difference between legitimate criticism and, well, hatred for want of a better word. I was angry on Thursday at the experience I had buying 10, because it was terrible, and I vented my feelings about it, which I think is a healthy thing to do, and then I shrugged it off. But some people store up venom and then release it as a way of making themselves feel bigger, attacking someone from the safety of their home. That's very unhealthy because to get the same charge they have to keep raising and raising the extremeness of their language. They get desensitised to their own aggression.

Being angry is okay as long as you express it more or less reasonably. Being abusive is not.

That's a fine analysis there Cap:B. :goodpost: :exactly:

Some people think sitting behind a computer gives them the right to say anything they want. There is little respect for others when it comes to the internet. If you don't like something say it respectfully or don't buy it. BC is doing a service for us. We may be buying the product but they're taking a lot of time to make it. Reading person's posts like that really tick me off. Thanks for pointing it out Chaser. :)

Well, I hate to disagree because the evident truth of what you say is correct. But the privilege of living in a free country is that you have the right to be able to say anything you want with total freedom. So, by association...write what you want also.

But (caveat emptor) you also have to realise that, to balance this out, the rest of the world has the free right to think that such a person is a complete A-Hole with zero credibility.

:goodpost: Totally agree with you. Expressing frustration is totally understandable. I didn't get through for 25 minutes. I was more frustrated that I was about to vomit, I have the stomach flu, and I couldn't get the figure ordered fast enough then anything else. I've never been more determined in my life to buy something. :lol

Well, I hate to disagree because the evident truth of what you say is correct. But the privilege of living in a free country is that you have the right to be able to say anything you want with total freedom. So, by association...write what you want also.

But (caveat emptor) you also have to realise that, to balance this out, the rest of the world has the free right to think that such a person is a complete A-Hole with zero credibility.

Well said! I agree also. They do have that right. I'm just saying that it's sad that people choose to be an A-Hole and or have lost, or never have been taught, there is a difference in being respectful in their criticism instead of being disrespectful. Great collection by the way! :)

So where are these packs with different clothing and new head sculpts? I've seen pics of them but have they even been released for the 11th doctor?

Last edited:
I just saw pictures of the 10th Doctor and wow, just an awesome looking figure! I'll definitely pick him up!

As of yesterday The Limited Edition figure is more than 50% sold out with orders still coming in. This thing could be sold out next week. If you want him I'd act swiftly.

Ugh, was busy this week and completely missed the signature edition. I'm alright with the regular though since my 11th Doctor isn't signed either.

THE TENNANT DOCTOR IS A BIG CHEIF EXCLUSIVE. IT IS SOLD BY THEIR SITE ONLY. NO OTHER RETAILER WILL EVER HAVE THIS VERSION.
there will be a different version in a few years though.

:)

As Bloodgear said, this is the 50th Anniversary version, exclusive to BC. A different version (we don't what what differences) will appear later, it's been confirmed it won't be this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back