New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

I've seen sites [Forbidden Planet are common for it] stating the price of a figure is the EXACT same as the dollar price except with a £ sign added on instead when others will show a more true price. It sometimes seems like a "charge as much as you can get" system that is employed here especially when I could buy it cheaper from the US retailer taking into account VAT and Customs fees.

It's funny how that stuff works out. I actually just got a ton of the 5'' new series figures direct from Character Options websites because it only cost me $1 more per figure than to get them in the US and the US distributor has been funny about what they are importing and when. It's a funny old business. You're right about some sites taking advantage of it though. Which is what's nice about Big Chief's pricing. It seems fair that it's £149 in the UK and $200 in the US.

Yeah, I don't know what the story is exactly but there seems to be a pretty firm veto from her on any more action figures. However, as I understand it the actors didn't own their likeness rights for Series One, they only had approval written into their contracts for Series Two onwards. But, don't quote me on this and someone else may know better.

Hmmm...I seem to have just written the worst post ever!

Yeah, and there was apparently some weird thing with her because she was a pop star first. Something to do with her likeness being used on dolls as a part of her music contract. LOL. There are so many stories about Billie Piper and action figures I don't know what's true and what isn't any more.

I'm just made we never got the nice fully articulated figure of Rose from the first series.

Amy is my favourite companion and for other people it's Rose or Sarah Jane etc. Of course everyone wants to get their personal favourites but I hate when people generalize their opinions. If they had done Tom Baker (he's my fav classic Doctor but I don't collect classic stuff) instead of Amy & Ten next then you would be happy but their fans/New Who fans would be disappointed. Just because you are unhappy with their choices of figures doesn't mean that applies to everyone. I for one am quite happy with it. I will buy Amy and I'd also buy River and some RTD era companions rather than any classic era stuff or monsters. Guess they can't please everyone.

It is pretty funny how opinions vary. I would get only some of the Doctors (4,9,10, and 11) and the Daleks. I loved Rose and Sarah as a companion but not at this price point. There is simply too much competition for everybody's money right now. But, hey I might venture on to more of the Doctors like 8, etc. But I wouldnt buy slot of villains unless they were cheaper than the current price point.

On this price Point thing..... With say captain Rex.
He was 124.99 us and 124.99 £
Ordering from the states with vat shipping and FedEx f@ck you charge he was about 135£

So it was cheaper not too.

So surely uk collectors should enjoy a similar benefit from a uk firm? But we don't.

Overall thou it's all too dear and as others have said the non doctor figures will need to be cheaper or the line won't make it

On this price Point thing..... With say captain Rex.
He was 124.99 us and 124.99 £
Ordering from the states with vat shipping and FedEx f@ck you charge he was about 135£

So it was cheaper not too.

So surely uk collectors should enjoy a similar benefit from a uk firm? But we don't.

Overall thou it's all too dear and as others have said the non doctor figures will need to be cheaper or the line won't make it

Some people just want the figure, a stand and one main accessory; some people want loads of accessories, a stand that's almost like a diorama and a sumptuous box; and some people buy one to open and one to keep pristine and never opened. Would it make commercial sense to offer two different versions - the one we have for £149 and a no frills version for £99 with just the doctor, a stand and a sonic screwdriver in a plain box? Obviously I like this idea because it would cater to someone like me but would it work financially? I'd love to read an answer from someone who really knows about stuff like this.

I'm getting a tad worried. It's nearing shipping/payment time. The dud order isn't removed yet, and the SE I paid my deposit for directly to a person at BC doesn't have it's own order. I also don't have any voucher code that should've been sent out.

What is payment time?
I mean when

Last edited:

I hope real soon, because I have the money ready on my PayPal and I'd like to pay ASAP. I don't want to wait too long, as PayPal is shady.

I hope real soon, because I have the money ready on my PayPal and I'd like to pay ASAP. I don't want to wait too long, as PayPal is shady.

I would have thought we would have had some production pictures if they were being released soon.

Hope we get some kind of a update

Im still waiting to see Amy official prototype pics. Amy is have to cheaper than Doctor.

I'm sure we'll get some advanced notice when the processing/shipping date is just around the corner, so as to have our money ready (if not they'll risk losing a lot of customers), though I agree that an update as to an approximate billing/shipping date would be nice in the meantime, even if it isn't locked down yet, just so folks have some kind of ballpark idea and can use that to plan accordingly.

It'd be handy if they had a month. I've got €700 aside for this, and I need to pay for other things, so it'd be handy to know if I can use it for other stuff and get it from next month's salary.

It'd be handy if they had a month. I've got €700 aside for this, and I need to pay for other things, so it'd be handy to know if I can use it for other stuff and get it from next month's salary.

Have you asked them on facebook? .. or maybe contact Greggo he might know something.

Have you asked them on facebook? .. or maybe contact Greggo he might know something.

Last time I asked something, someone of BC said they'd check for me (it was about my orders, not release date) a few weeks ago and I still have to hear back from them.

if it's any help, forbidden planet has expected into warehouse on the 17th february, so i'd assume they'll be shipping sometime the week beginning the 13th february. Although take release dates with a pinch of salt on forbidden planet, they often get them wrong, but it's a good starting point, gives us about a month before it's out

Hey, I'll take a rough estimate over no idea any day. Thanks. :)

I actually welcome the delay and I am definitely looking forward to the two new accessories! :rock

Yeah, I'm not bothered by the delay...and it's nice to see that BC are happy to let us know what's going on.

I welcome the new accessories but isn't it a bid odd were getting 10's screwdriver considering we will end up getting it anyway with his own figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back