New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Think how easy it will be for them to bring out cool things like 1:6 Weeping Angels (hollow and rotocast maybe?). That would be the bomb!

I think there's a shot the line could run at least long enough to get some classic era releases.

They've already got the license for the Classic era so there'll be something, just not for a while :(

The 50th Anniversary isn't too far off though so it'd be nice to think they've got some good stuff planned for then.

Fortunately for Tom Baker fans his enduring popularity means he's a cert for the first Classic Doctor to be released hopefully in both scales.

I'd go for a 1:6 scale figure in series 12 attire and a 1:4 scale statue in a pose based on the scene in "The Masque of Mandragora" where he's brandishing a sword.

These wouldn't need to be heavily accessorized, but most of the aliens will require some kind of specialty body part aside from the heads.

These shouldn't be toy-like as the CO one's were - but if there was some incentive to get the secondary figures - like a build-a-environment piece with each figure and you have to get all the figs to build the Tardis console (or even the box itself) - that might help incentivize to buy them and make them worth the higher cost.

The Op said on facebook that they plan to make the Tardis and do it in such a way that it can be flat packed and then assembled, that would save on shipping costs!:yess:

This is one of the best announcement i have heard since i started this hobby!:)

Last edited:

The Op said on facebook that they plan to make the Tardis and do it in such a way that it can be flat packed and then assembled, that would save on shipping costs!:yess:

This is one of the best announcement i have heard since i started this hobby!:)

So it'll be sorta like this,

https://dirtywhoers.blogspot.com/2011/05/tardis-ikea-manual.html

Hopefully there'll be some variations in the parts made so an accurate 70's one can be made.

Met all the team yesterday connected to this badass release at the London Film and Comic Con ;)

Came to my booth and had a great chat, you Dr Who fans are going to be privileged to have a great team on an unbelievable project.

Wish them all the best, great team, big licence and great talent ;)

Met all the team yesterday connected to this badass release at the London Film and Comic Con ;)

Came to my booth and had a great chat, you Dr Who fans are going to be privileged to have a great team on an unbelievable project.

Cool! Good to hear. I'm excited to see some stuff.

VERY excited about this! I've always wanted a 1:6 tardis as well, but the ebay prices are pretty steep. Let's hope these figs are not only high quality, but decently priced.

Very happy to hear that!:) ...did they have a sculpt or any kind of example of there work with them at the con?

It was great to meet you too. Thank you so much for your time. We hope the show was a good one for you?
We are so glad you liked the sculpt. We had such a good reaction to everyone who saw the sculpt.
After speaking with yourself we went and meet Karen Gillian who was fantastic such a lovely person she also loved the sculpt and can't wait to see her sculpt.
Again a big thank you to you and everyone for all thier help comments and suggestions. We are keeping a very close eye on this thread and indeed our facebook page.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN :)

Gutted that I did nt realise this was on yesterday.

Big Chief,

Will Americans be able to buy direct or through a retailer like Sideshow?

I'm excited for a 1:4 11th Doctor, any price range and will we see anything around comic-con time?!

Here's an idea to improve the chances of selling Rory & River in significant enough numbers,

Basically make the first 6 figures a Build A TARDIS wave eg,

11th Doctor with TARDIS roof plus other accessories
Amy Pond with TARDIS base plus other accessories

Those 2 are the safest characters as far as people being willing to pay out top prices for so it makes sense to fill out the packages as much as possible.

Then with Rory & River make them "bare bones" in terms of accessories and just have a TARDIS wall in with each so the overall price would be cheaper than the main two.

The final 2 wall parts could be included with whichever baddies from the series are made......2 different Silents would be a decent choice as money could be saved with the attire :wink1:

Accessories for Rory & River could possibly be made by our friends at WGP so there'd be no conflict of intrest.

Last edited:

Can we see the sculpt Big Chief????

Here's an idea to improve the chances of selling Rory & River in significant enough numbers,

Basically make the first 6 figures a Build A TARDIS wave eg,

11th Doctor with TARDIS roof plus other accessories
Amy Pond with TARDIS base plus other accessories

Those 2 are the safest characters as far as people being willing to pay out top prices for so it makes sense to fill out the packages as much as possible.

Then with Rory & River make them "bare bones" in terms of accessories and just have a TARDIS wall in with each so the overall price would be cheaper than the main two.

The final 2 wall parts could be included with whichever baddies from the series are made......2 different Silents would be a decent choice as money could be saved with the attire :wink1:

Accessories for Rory & River could possibly be made by our friends at WGP so there'd be no conflict of intrest.

That's a double edged sword imo. While it would create incentive to buy the less desirable characters, you also run the risk of pissing people off that they'll have to shell out probably $100 or more for some figures they don't want just to get the TARDIS. I think the build a figure concept works better with low priced toys where the sting of having to buy something you don't want to get something else that you do isn't quite so sharp.

That's a double edged sword imo. While it would create incentive to buy the less desirable characters, you also run the risk of pissing people off that they'll have to shell out probably $100 or more for some figures they don't want just to get the TARDIS. I think the build a figure concept works better with low priced toys where the sting of having to buy something you don't want to get something else that you do isn't quite so sharp.

A fair point, I was just throwing an idea out there to see what others thought.

In all honesty I hope BC change their minds on Rory & River because I cannot see many people paying out for high end versions of either and I wouldn't want to see the early releases fail because it could ultimately affect the long term plan and potentially mean less Classic era releases.

If a secondary companion type character from the Nu-Who era is made I think Captain Jack would be a far better choice although he'd have to be released around the same time as a figure of 10......which I really don't want to see for a LONG time.

eyedetailmattsmith.jpg

Approved final head sculpt full reveal coming soon........

That looks intriquing for sure, but what pricepoint are we looking at?

Ooooo... I am liking that. Good to see you folks are not doing a Doll Dot in the eyes. Totally adds to the realism. :D

It's gonna be even better than the sneak peek I saw, I just knows it!:clap

very soon? As in later today? (i know i know, wishful thinking) must say as a collector i've been waiting for a high quality/high end dr who collectible and it looks like you guys are going to succeed where companies like tonner have failed. Oh and i'm a guaranteed customer after that teaser......looking very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back