New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

This is really good DW announcement.I hope I dont have to pay over 100 euros to buy just one figure.Here is some suggestions to Big Chief Studios when you make 1:6 figures make some figures with interchangeable heads like other head has smiling expression and other has neutral facial and give each of figure few accessories.Im really lookinf forward Matt Smith figure.

The CO figures were far better then they're getting credit for. Sure they could've been a bit better and I have them all except for an actual Doctor, but the sculpts and tailoring were as good and in some ways a bit better then Sideshow, for much less in price.

I'm excited to hear more 1:6 WHO is coming, really looking forward to what they show.

Only request I have is that Rory be released in his Centurion outfit and not reg. clothes.

And I kinda want to see Amy in her Police Woman stripper outfit.

I'm very excited for this! I'll pick up a 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th Doctor. I might get a couple of companions, depending on the price and outfit choices.

Give me a 11th, 10th and Amy Pond 1:4 with a Dalek!

Read the info in the first post. 11 & Amy are confirmed to be the first 2 figures :peace

Hi to all Who fans out there

Thank you all very much for your comments and support. Thank you also to those who have signed up on our mailing list and for your suggstions. Please do keep them coming, they are very welcome and helpful.

Whilst BIG Chief are a relatively young company, we are manned by industry veterans with extensive experience working within the licensed character industry. On top of this we are all HUGE fans of Doctor Who and serious collectors of character related product, in particular 1:6 scale figures.

Our enthusiasm and excitement for working on such a prestigious brand is equally huge. We have exciting plans for our range commencing with the release of the 11th Doctor Matt Smith and his companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) Q4 this year. Like any business we will evaluate the range as we progress, after all we must remain viable to allow us to release great product. However, we do have plans for products from both the classic series right through to the new series. With the 50th anniversary coming up in 2013, next year will be the perfect time to introduce the first of our classic offerings in the run up to the milestone.

I can also confirm that our products will be high-end and at a quality that we have all have come to expect in this hobby. These are not toys and most certainly not Barbie dolls.

As we progress we will be sharing approved behind the scenes product development images and concepts via our official website and of course on this forum. We welcome your input and value your support and suggestions.

Thank you all once again.

The BIG Chief Development Team
Sooooo, what are we looking at in terms of price range. While I'd love to get excited for these, if I can't afford them, then why bother?
I have one of him on the way as we speak. Looks amazing.

Any chance of pix and/or links to these?

Yay! My whining pays off again! I only have a 12" Cyberman, but I'd like a better one, the eyes on the CO one are massive!

And if we're lucky, and I mean VERY lucky, they'll give us proper 1/6th Daleks and a TARDIS...;)

I have most of the CO versions. Martha was surprisingly on a body very CyGirl-ish. Probably the best body in the set. The Clockwork men were nicely done, I have a small army of Judoon, A couple of the Cybermen and wish I had more Ood.
If the price is collector friendly I hope to see many years of Who forthcoming. And hopefully some Torchwood too. [and a Weevil]

Read the info in the first post. 11 & Amy are confirmed to be the first 2 figures :peace

I assumed they meant they would be the 1st 1:6 figures but they'd be nuts not to release the 11th Doctor as their first "PF" 1:4!:lecture

I don't care how much it'll cost to get it to America, it'll be mine!:lecture

Re: Dr Who 1:6 Scale and 1:4 scale Collectibles

As this is an e'tailer I will transfer this thread to the Dealers section of commerce.
x :peace

They're the production company, not an etailer.

I mean yeah, also they sell their products direct (or plan to), but so does DST and Sideshow etc.

We kind of thought the same thing but if thats the rules then that's fine with us :)

In the meantime we have just uploaded a Poll. (What version of Rory would you like to see?) Its on our Facebook page. The Big Chief team want you all involved in our decisions. The Poll is for you all to vote on. Follow the link and you will see the Poll. https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited

Thank you all for the support your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

The Big Chief Team

We have just uploaded a Poll. (What version of Rory would you like to see?) Its on our Facebook page. The Big Chief team want you all involved in our decisions. The Poll is for you all to vote on. Follow the link and you will see the Poll. https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited

Thank you all for the support your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

The Big Chief Team

I voted for civilian clothes Rory. Centurion Rory would be an easy kitbash for those who want that version.

Can you skip Rory and get to the Classic characters a bit sooner?

Or make Idris instead?

I actually liked her.

rnbuda,
Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. My bad!

Civilian Rory! With ponytail haircut accessory, yes please.

I'm sure it is a misunderstanding, and I've made an inquiry.

Looking forward to updates on the design process and the manufacturing saga, and everything else involved in the production -- where ever this thread ends up!

Very happy with this news, i was getting ready to go down the custom route to get the Doctor in my collection!:panic: ..i hope you do the 10th Doctor next!:pray:

thedr3.jpg

..o and Roman Rory ftw!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back