New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Won't even pretend not to be excited at the prospect of an official Tom Baker in 1/6 after all these years...!

Won't even pretend not to be excited at the prospect of an official Tom Baker in 1/6 after all these years...!

Hopefully the Product Enterprise debacle will be soon be a distant memory, the half arsed shambles of CO's Classics line may take a bit longer to forget.

Here is some useful info:

I can confirm that is not Big Chief Products, a different company all together what are the chances of that. Big Chief is made up from Industry professionals who have worked on such licenses as Harry Potter, Golden Compass, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, POTC, Wallace and Gromit, Star Wars and most recently James Bond they are the design team behind the licensed props made by Factory Entertainment.

While the company is fairly new, the players are not. Some of these folks have been working on various lines that have been popular in the past for other companies.

I've been lucky enough to see the initial painted headsculpt for the good doctor, and it really is outstanding stuff.

Oh god If they end up being priced as high as a HT figure then I'm really buggered. :(

Oh god If they end up being priced as high as a HT figure then I'm really buggered. :(

x2.

Oh man, imagine every Doctor with 4 companions.

We'll also get dioramas and enemies according to the website..

25-50USD a piece?:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Thanks for the info Greggo and Mike. :duff

If they're HT priced I'll just collect items relating to Doctors 1-4 & 7.

If they're HT quality = :yess:

Diorama suggestions,

70's TARDIS console room
UNIT lab
A sewer ( Would be awesome for displaying Cybermen or giant rats! )
A quarry ( Could be used for 95% of Classic alien planets )

x2.

We'll also get dioramas and enemies according to the website..

25-50USD a piece?:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

That would be VERY unrealistic, amigo. These are going to be quality pieces, a gift to Who collectors, but you can't do the kind of things they are taking about doing that cheap.

"Initial product offerings will include highly detailed 1:6 scale versions of the Doctor (Matt Smith) and his companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan). Both figures will be fully articulated for maximum pose-ability and will feature authentic hand-painted character portraits, finely tailored costuming, signature accessories and themed display bases. To complete the first wave, other popular characters including Rory Williams and River Song will be released.

Key monsters and aliens from the hit TV series will also be released. Additionally themed 1:6 scale dioramas depicting the sets from the show will be introduced for collectors to create displays for their figures."

Personally I'm hoping for HT quality - bugger the price.

As I've already said I'm hoping the 1:6 figures can be comparable with Hot Toys or Enterbay.....which would mean similar prices but if that quality can be achieved I'm prepared to recycle all my other collections to help raise the funds to focus entirely on the Classic era releases.

Doctor Who deserves a proper, high end figure line focusing on all eras so hopefully Big Chief can deliver.

I want a proper season 12 Tom Baker and a Police Box. Make those and I am 100% content.

The painted head sculpt I saw photos of is certainly Enterbay quality when they are on their game.

Tragically being on a limited income like I am I can't be so blase about the price. :(

I'm in a similar position as far as income goes and if this line is good will have to do a fair bit of financial juggling which would mean selling all my CO figures and my Transformers collection but if it lives up to the promise then it could mean the Classic collection I've wanted all along so I'd consider such sacrifices as being worthwhile.

I'm a student paying for my house and wedding, I won't be able to afford this, methinks. :(

I'm a student paying for my house and wedding, I won't be able to afford this, methinks. :(

Well, it says the first two aren't due out till Nov? That gives you time to save up, to put them on your wedding gift list or to start collecting neighborhood dogs and cats to sell to the Chinese restaurants for extra cash (laugh).

The guys at Big Chief are buddies so I can verify the high level of detail put into these. No need to worry about "Barbie" quality I read someone fretting earlier. :) :clap:clap:clap

i sense a great disturbance.... as if millions of wallets cried out in terror, and were suddenly told by their owners to shut the hell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back