New Dead SDCC Exclusive Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a strange newsletter.

due to internal restrictions set forth by our corporate spokesman, we are unable to post any images or information about next week's Comic-Con Exclusive prior to the Attendee PPO event.

I'm guessing it's a licensed property and not a new Dead figure. Otherwise, what's the big deal?

I can't believe Sideshow actually expects us to wait till THE ORDERING DAY to find out what the item is to order! I'm a HUGE Sideshow fan, but this is just stupid and rediculous. No Hype is worth this. They better spill the beans on Tuesday with our reminder. :monkey4

Buttmunch said:
I can't believe Sideshow actually expects us to wait till THE ORDERING DAY to find out what the item is to order! I'm a HUGE Sideshow fan, but this is just stupid and rediculous. No Hype is worth this. They better spill the beans on Tuesday with our reminder. :monkey4

a week of teasing I think

Karma said:
a week of teasing I think

I agree. As well as a week of hints towards this being the next dead figure. They love teasing us with this line. They did the same thing last year. My hopes are definitely up now.

Not telling us exactly what it is is really pissing me off. How are we supposed to know if we need to be sitting frantically by our computers for this item. It could be a Star Wars figure for all we know. There is 6000 fans there alone that could clog the server just trying to see if it is a Star Wars figure or not.

Now I'm 100% sure it is a Dead figure, but they've gone too far this time with the "secret." :cuss

Buttmunch said:
Not telling us exactly what it is is really pissing me off. How are we supposed to know if we need to be sitting frantically by our computers for this item. It could be a Star Wars figure for all we know. There is 6000 fans there alone that could clog the server just trying to see if it is a Star Wars figure or not.

Now I'm 100% sure it is a Dead figure, but they've gone too far this time with the "secret." :cuss

Tease me Sideshow, tease me! You know I love it! Although, we all know the living dead is not a subject to joke about.
(I think the HORR-ible line was to clue you in that it's not Star Wars)

I wonder when DNAgent will make his/her appearence?

Kabukiman said:
What a strange newsletter.

I'm guessing it's a licensed property and not a new Dead figure. Otherwise, what's the big deal?

The big deal is the Dead....remember how they carried out the ast two exclusives with the videos, DNAgent, The prodcut page disappearing on patient zero, ect. This is just a fun license for Sideshow and I think this is just another way of building it up, I wouldn't even be surprised if DNAgent surfaced again someitme in the next week.

One thing I love about this line is how SS just has fun with it. They have no restrictions and are free to have fun with it. Can't wait for the pre-order next week.

The Keith and Klauder Huntin' for Bounty in the Podcast all but confirms it is a Dead figure. I know it wasn't a Star Wars figure (from my last post) but there may be some stupid Star Wars fans that don't. Just because WE know it is a Dead figure doesn't mean everyone else does.

considering the clue given that it will be HORR - ible ... that means it is either a Dead or some other horror item .. sounds good to me ... maybe a new Myers, or new Leatherface ..

Man I'm dying for a new DEAD figure....its been a while since the ol' Doc and my zombies are lonely.....

Buttmunch said:

Why in the heck would you sit frantically by your computer? The exclusive Doc zombie from last year is still relatively cheap. Even the security guard isn't that expensive. If you miss this one, you'll be able to get it with no problem after the show.

customizerwannabe said:
Why in the heck would you sit frantically by your computer? The exclusive Doc zombie from last year is still relatively cheap. Even the security guard isn't that expensive. If you miss this one, you'll be able to get it with no problem after the show.

That would really depend on how many they limit it to... what if it was only 300 like Patient Zero, because the last two did take a while to sell out?

Well this blows. SSC are taking themselves way too seriously re: this line. It was fun a first, but it's lame when they attempt to come up with some backstory about the source of this line (i.e. making figures based on the undead they have created or caused simply to make true believers seem like crazed conspiracy theorists when confronting them on it, etc.) then not fully develop it into any sort of coherent plot. I'll admit I enjoyed the first 'press release' vid when Patient 0 was out, and when DNAgent first posted those security cam vids, I was enthralled. However, they haven't gone anywhere with this whole plot, having the nerve to NOT give a much desired look at the new SDCC exclusive until the day it goes on sale, all the while selling friggin' t-shirts with a big ass logo on it. So much for denying their existence. Either stick with the guarded secrecy aspect, take some of that extra $tar War$ cash and hire a writer to flesh something out, or drop this altogether and just lay them out there for what they are, cool zombie figs done very well, but without the pretentious backstory.
There's always the possibility it's another New Line Horror fig, but I guess we'll find out next week.

Back