New Dead SDCC Exclusive Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patient Zero definitely enjoyed his fame after his initial buying opportunity. The Security Guard went fairly quick but a lot of people bought that in order to flip and didn't reach the fruits of their "labors". As for the Doc, the excl went quick and is still commanding a small value but the introduction of a color variant really hurt the secondary of that. If they go 500 or even 1000 of the zombie overall it'll do nicely I predict.

Why would they sell 300 when they can sell 1000? Doesn't seem worth the effort. They only make one of these a year. They do need to make a more desireable exclusive edition if they decide to go that route. Different colored scrubs was as lame as it gets.

i86time said:
Well this blows. SSC are taking themselves way too seriously re: this line. It was fun a first, but it's lame when they attempt to come up with some backstory about the source of this line (i.e. making figures based on the undead they have created or caused simply to make true believers seem like crazed conspiracy theorists when confronting them on it, etc.) then not fully develop it into any sort of coherent plot. I'll admit I enjoyed the first 'press release' vid when Patient 0 was out, and when DNAgent first posted those security cam vids, I was enthralled. However, they haven't gone anywhere with this whole plot, having the nerve to NOT give a much desired look at the new SDCC exclusive until the day it goes on sale, all the while selling friggin' t-shirts with a big ass logo on it. So much for denying their existence. Either stick with the guarded secrecy aspect, take some of that extra $tar War$ cash and hire a writer to flesh something out, or drop this altogether and just lay them out there for what they are, cool zombie figs done very well, but without the pretentious backstory.
There's always the possibility it's another New Line Horror fig, but I guess we'll find out next week.

i'm not sure SSC is the one taking themselves too seriously :)

:monkey3

I don't think we have to worry Too much about limited exclusives anymore.. look Lthe ex Legolas is still available.

The Con exclusive does bring panic of limited edition... BUT even that wasn't true when Security guard infected outside of the Con.

Kinda bummed, would have liked to at least gotten a glimpse of what ever the exclusive it before it actually goes up for sale.

I will be ordering a non-attendee, so I guess I will see it Thursday, one day prior to the non-attendee pre order.

King Darkness said:
I will be ordering a non-attendee, so I guess I will see it Thursday, one day prior to the non-attendee pre order.

Wait, I though the The forbidden wastelands of the Kurganstan was in San Deigo... I'm sure I stayed in a hotel there in 2004...

D. Martin said:

Clever. Clearly I don't take myself too seriously, I am posting on an internet discussion forum dedicated to toys. But I do take my expendable income seriously. If SSC wants to play it out this whole 'The Dead do not exist' scenario, fine. But their business boils down to the sale of toys and statues. I am a fan of some of their work and give them money so they can send such items to me. What I would like is for them to realize that, and not yank our chain. It's not as bad because I'm not attending SDCC so I get an extra day, but it looks like those of you that are attending and may want this (depending on the edition size) are going to have to decide pretty quick next thursday whether to plunk down the $45. Yeah, yeah, you can cancel your order anytime before shipping, but that's not as convenient as just being able to see the item you want to order before it sells out in 10 minutes.

D. Martin said:

Thank you. I turned the page in this thread and was about to write the exact same thing.

:clap :clap

I dunno about the rest of you, but i'm enjoying how they are dealing with the Dead line. I just wish they'd find more Zeros and hook us up! I really want to get this into the CTR Photo Archive.

I don't have any of the dead but I enjoy how the line is going. The story is cool with all the secrecy but I like that kind of thing honestly. What I'd like to see is a army zombie or something like that.

D. Martin said:
I dunno about the rest of you, but i'm enjoying how they are dealing with the Dead line. I just wish they'd find more Zeros and hook us up! I really want to get this into the CTR Photo Archive.

I too enjoy how they are handeling the line, but I still think that not giving us ANY info on what the Thursday PPO is, is a bit rude to say the least. We at least got a preview of Subject 5 last year. A preview or a name (like Subject 66 Star Wars Fan or something to that effect) is all I ask. I mean, we in the "know," know it is a Dead figure but there are plenty of people that don't. Other than this bold move, I've enjoyed the bits of secrecy.

I don't mind the extra bit of secrecy. It'll only take 2 second to decide whether or not he is worth getting. I don't need teases and a week of silent contemplation to decide if its worth it or not. Come thursday, I'll check out the att PPO and if he looks cool. I'll order him come friday. If not... Oh well...

I dropped the dead line for Universal Monsters which I dropped for LOTR. So who knows? :monkey3 :D

I emailed Dnagent on myspace to see if he/she has anything to add to
the SDCC pre order. It is possible that this pre order is not a Dead figure but
another license that must be kept secret for contractual reasons.

I wonder if the zombie will be one of thos guys who put the doc in the car? Seems like there is a chain effect. 0 infected the security guard, the security guard infected the Doctor, the Doctor infects one of those armored suit guys who put him in the trunk.

Cloud said:
I wonder if the zombie will be one of thos guys who put the doc in the car? Seems like there is a chain effect. 0 infected the security guard, the security guard infected the Doctor, the Doctor infects one of those armored suit guys who put him in the trunk.

Thats my most logical guess as well.

anyone recall seeing this?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xuSjp3oVh2g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xuSjp3oVh2g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Back