New Cthulhu statue Distributed by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so F'n getting this.

Cthulhu is one of the best mythical monsters ever created :rock

Ok, I can't take it anymore.

Whats the big deal with this dude? Is he from a comic or book? I need details STAT!!

he's part of HP Lovecraft Mythos..probably one of the most well known ''great old ones''

monster created by HP Lovecraft.
Lovecraft is basically considered THE pioneer of monster/horror novels and is always named as a major influence to pretty much every other writer who deals in mystery, horror etc..

I read ''the call of Cthulhu '' in high school.:cool:

Wow !! 22 inch wingspan . . .

165.jpg

I love Lovecraft, but this fails to ignite my interest...
It looks just like a monster to me, there's none of the otherworldliness of Lovecraft's stories.
It looks meh.
I actually like the original SOTA figure better.

But, the more HPL stuff we get, the better!

It's kind of cool, I was a Lovecraft fan back in the day. But it looks like a giant action figure or WizKids toy. I guess SSC has spoiled me, but for a statue that's $250, I'd want something more dynamic that evokes a scene from the stories. Compare this to the new fellbeast vs. statue - there's really no comparison.

I'm a big fan of Lovecraft too, but have no interest in this either. It just doesn't feel like Lovecraft (does that make sense?).

I will be interested to see what the Sideshow variant will be.

In addition, Sideshow Collectibles will be carrying its own variant of the sculpture.

Interesting....I wonder what the variant will be?

Litte known and often overlooked Fact!
Cthulhu is not in fact one of "the great old ones". But rather a priest of the most dangerous of the great old ones, Azazoth.
Cthulhu is green becuase of the necrosis in his flesh. His body Died a LONG time ago, but his faith in his god keeps him from truly dying.

Litte known and often overlooked Fact!
Cthulhu is not in fact one of "the great old ones". But rather a priest of the most dangerous of the great old ones, Azazoth.

Interesting, I've been a big fan of Lovecraft since I was a teen and don't remember that bit of information!
Very cool.

Back