New 30th Anniversary Sideshow Star Wars packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what's inside better. :D

image1254.jpg

The new boxes look kind of plain. Im not sure I will like them on the Sideshow 1/6 line. I really hope they can get away with out changing the boxes dramatically. Has anyone found out for sure that they are changing the box. I would think they could just do something special like put some kind of sticker or something about the 30th aniverrsary and keep the basic box design. The PF isnt such a big deal because I take them out anyway. I wonder if Jabba and Fett wil be the first Sideshow release.

Wow it looks like I might be getting Sideshow figures in boxes I will actually throw away in the garbage. Hooray, more closet space at last...

Thanks LFL!!! :thwak

jason2885 said:
Has anyone found out for sure that they are changing the box.

Sideshow's Graphic Arts Manager "Sideshow Q" (LINK TO BIO) had this to say:

Sideshow Q said:
Change is coming to all SW product packaging.

Q

So yes, the person "responsible for the daily operations of the Graphic Arts department" has confirmed that ALL Star Wars packages will be changing. And his enthusiasm is infectious...

:D

As to when the changes will begin, remember that Gentle Giant's first product with the new box design is shipping out this month. If the coordinated line is effective immediately with product shipping this month, then I would be surprised if Sideshow waited until next year to obey LFL's demands. I am guessing that either the Luke & Yoda PF or 12" Darth Maul will be the first Sideshow product with the new packaging.

Well this truly does suck. I just hope they are able to keep the 12" boxes the same except for the graphics. I hope the Sideshow is able to keep the magnets and collector friendly packaging. I personally think the Fett's packaging looks like they put it in a black box. So I guess Sideshow hopefully can have a little better approach to at least the way these boxes look that GG.
I really dont like the chimps at Lucasfilm that came up with this packageing. I would have rather just kept everything the way it was or at least of had packaging that looked more classical.

Nice how Hasbro is celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars with . . . wait for it . . . Revenge of the Sith figures. :confused:

I'm sure they'll announce some eventually, but it seems like Lucas would be pushing A New Hope as much as possible, including what's released in the toys/collectibles lines.

That's the odd part these are ROTS figures but with Lucas ya never know what he has planned. It could be more Hasbro's decision but I don't know.

Well my wallet is taking one one year of huge hits (with Celebration IV etc.. coming up), then I swear I'm slowing down.
SideShow
Autographs
"new" 3 inch

No more double dipping into my bank account for something I already paid for once.
**cough** RE- HASH-BRO **cough**

Hasbro to me is pretty much DEAD: :rip

Back