New 30th Anniversary Sideshow Star Wars packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
Quoc is a man of few words... ;)

As soon as they have the designs ready and approved, we'll try to get them posted in the Production Blog for you... and before you ask, no we don't know EXACTLY when that will be :duff

Do you know what will be the first figure(s) to use the new packaging (if they have even been announced that is, like will Plo Koon have it?)?

Buttmunch said:
Do you know what will be the first figure(s) to use the new packaging (if they have even been announced that is, like will Plo Koon have it?)?

Oooh Oooh I can answer this one...

It will be in the sideshow production blog. :D

Well, the Boba Fett PF will look very classy on that box. That's the one high end SW item I am looking forward to next year. I won't mind the animated maquettes being uniform with this "deluxe" packaging.

I do agree it sucks the creativity right out of whoever designs packaging at Sideshow.

Coheteboy said:
Oooh Oooh I can answer this one...

It will be in the sideshow production blog. :D

They could at least tell us which will be the first with the new packaging or the last with the old. It wouldn't be a huge announcement until there are pics. I just want to know if Plo will have the old or new packaging. Surely it is already underway so they could tell us something.

Dusty? Q?

Buttmunch said:
They could at least tell us which will be the first with the new packaging or the last with the old. It wouldn't be a huge announcement until there are pics. I just want to know if Plo will have the old or new packaging. Surely it is already underway so they could tell us something.

Dusty? Q?
I think all items released in 2007, would be a pretty darn good guess BM.

pixletwin said:
I think all items released in 2007, would be a pretty darn good guess BM.

In that case, Jabba is a nice first entry and since he's kind of a special item, would require a redesigned box.

SolidLiquidFox said:
With our usual delays, "all items in 2007" may not be accurate.

Some stuff that runs late in December may ship without the new packaging.
I still stand by what I said. I think Bib will be the final traditional packaging with all releases after him in the new packaging... Time will tell tho' I guess. ;)

I think the 12" figures will look really bad in the new packaging style. I dont see how they will even be able to put the lines name on the front and side of the box. I just hope they dont change the design of the boxes as in the way they work. I really like the magnets that keep the box closed and the accessories in another section. I just hope all they have to change is the graphics but I still think those graphics will not look good ok the way the 12" box is designed. This means that all of my boxes arent going to match together and I am very anal about such things.

Maybe we should actaully wait and see pictures of Sideshows new design before we go all Chicken Little!
B00005JO17.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think the packaging may look ok, its just uniformity that Im after and changing the box design a year in will not help that.

Sideshow Q said:
Change is coming to all SW product packaging.

Q

This saddens me. :(

F'in LFL suits. By far THE BEST SW packaging in ages... and they're forcing you to go with that unimaginative new design? And so a whole year's worth of 12" figures will be packaged completely differently from the rest in the line?? :banghead

jason2885 said:
its just uniformity that Im after and changing the box design a year in will not help that.

Sideshow Marvel collectors want that too in the diorama line and is not happening either. Welcome to our world. :lol

My boxes are under the bed so it really doesn't matter to me what they end up looking like, but I'm sure no matter what the change are SSC will make them look cool. I am guessing it will just be the outside that needs changing and they can keep their double tray inside the same.

madden821 said:
My boxes are under the bed so it really doesn't matter to me what they end up looking like, but I'm sure no matter what the change are SSC will make them look cool. I am guessing it will just be the outside that needs changing and they can keep their double tray inside the same.

that's where mine are right now, but the packaging is so beautiful that I'd like to construct a shelf where I have all the boxes lined up on it and the figures are displayed in front. I think that'd be cool.

Coheteboy said:
... the packaging is so beautiful that I'd like to construct a shelf where I have all the boxes lined up on it and the figures are displayed in front. I think that'd be cool.

Until next year, anyway.

Back