New 30th Anniversary Sideshow Star Wars packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GL - SSC what is your sole purpose here?

SSC - To do whatever you say George Lucas!

GL - God dammit! That's the greatest response I've ever heard. SSC you're going to make me millions!

...select licensees that develop high-end collector product...
Are 12" action dollys "high-end collector product?"

Perhaps the new packaging will only apply to PF, 1:1 busts, and the like.

dd.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Are 12" action dollys "high-end collector product?"

Perhaps the new packaging will only apply to PF, 1:1 busts, and the like.

I consider them "collectibles" but I am willing to call them "dolls" for 2007 if that means we can keep the current packaging. :eek:

Even it's just a design change, it's a big problem for SSC since they have such a great uniform look to the 12" boxes already. I'm hoping that they can convince LFL to let them continue with it.

And I don't know that a slipcase would solve the problem, as the top and bottom would still have the original design.

Has it even been stated somewhere that Sideshow is part of this campaign? I kinda thought of this as something that Gentle Giant and/or Hasbro will need to take part in. And Hasbro has already revealed their new packaging a few months back.

Coheteboy said:
Has it even been stated somewhere that Sideshow is part of this campaign? I kinda thought of this as something that Gentle Giant and/or Hasbro will need to take part in. And Hasbro has already revealed their new packaging a few months back.

Sideshow was explicitly mentioned in the article on StarWars.com.

But as others have noted, perhaps they can get away with just doing it for the PF and Busts, which indeed ARE museum-quality high-end collectibles.

IrishJedi said:
Sideshow was explicitly mentioned in the article on StarWars.com.

But as others have noted, perhaps they can get away with just doing it for the PF and Busts, which indeed ARE museum-quality high-end collectibles.
To be honest I would be surprised if this new packaging included the 1/6 line. We all love our figures, but they are of a different class than the 1:1 and the PF lines.

Definite mixed feelings with this. I really like the current box design on the SS SW 12" figs but I think it's cool that all manufacturers would get together on the anniversary to honor the SW universe this way.

pixletwin said:
To be honest I would be surprised if this new packaging included the 1/6 line. We all love our figures, but they are of a different class than the 1:1 and the PF lines.

I agree. I don't think they quite classify as "high-end" collectibles, either.

tomandshell said:
But the animated Boba Fett maquette is shown in the new packaging, and I wouldn't have thought of that as a high end collectible.

I think it's much moreso than the 1/6 figures, because these can clearly be argued as toys whereas the maquettes are statues meant for display only. They're a bit more expensive, but price is not the only thing that determines a "museum-quality high-end collectible". Big difference, imho.

Of course, the way SSC is going we may one day see the 1/6 figures at the same price as GG's maquettes. :p

Sideshow Q said:
Change is coming to all SW product packaging.

Q

Is that a result of Jabba or Lucas making all high end companies use similar packaging next year? Will Plo Koon feature this new packaging?

Quoc is a man of few words... ;)

As soon as they have the designs ready and approved, we'll try to get them posted in the Production Blog for you... and before you ask, no we don't know EXACTLY when that will be :duff

Back