New 1/6 Darth Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a hybrid Emp-Jedi version. I've 'seen' it. You will want to pull the trigger on this one for sure.

That's superb news :) Vader paired with DX Luke is a mouth watering proposition ... I hope Vader comes with a Freezing Chamber display like IG-88...the ESB final showdown was one of the iconic scenes of the trilogy.

Anybody else thinking Vader's Meditation Chamber SS Environment?

Then they could sell a couple of extra dead imperial officer bodies to accessorize it!

Not a bad suggestion! I'd stick my Medi Vader in but he'd look lost inside that thing!

Since it is a ROTJ version, I imagine it will have a full reveal helmet. However, I may be alone in this but I really don't want a full head reveal because A) I will never display Vader without his helmet and more importantly B) The accuracy always seems to suffer when there is a reveal feature. The reveal feature used to be kinda cool. Now I just want a Vader with an accurate helmet and dome.

I would assume that there would be a switchout portrait similar to how the clones have been done. One would be the full Vader mask, the other would be the revealed mask

i think it would be HOT TOYS who's going to make this?

I think it would not.
:exactly: :goodpost:

I hope its actually 1:6 scale this time :lol

I believe in the recent interview with CTR, they mentioned that he'd be the appropriate height this time around

It's a hybrid Emp-Jedi version. I've 'seen' it. You will want to pull the trigger on this one for sure.

What news! A great double pack if I understand well. Prices probably madness, but it may be quickly sold out at the time of pre-orders!

I can see the next DX being Vader. If ever a figure was needed to compliment Bespin Luke it's this. Though I hear people talking of Hoth Han too, so...

It will definitely be implemented in association with Hot Toys.

I'm sure SSC will seek out some help from HT with this as they did with their ANH Vader (it's my understanding that HT developed the body for that Vader - y'know, the body that everyone _____es about for being too tall?), but this will be a Sideshow release, not HT. That's fine with me, I'm sure it will be improved from SSC's first attempt. I'm guessing that they'll take any negative feedback from ANH Vader into account this time around. Also, while I'm certain it'll be pricey, it will still be cheaper than what HT would charge. SSC has shown that they have mastered armored figures with their clones, and they are strutting their stuff with droids now, so I have total faith that this Vader will rock. I have this strong feeling that, rather than two full figures, this will be a "core" body/bodysuit with enough swap-out parts so that it could be Vader from ESB or ROTJ.

I'd rather see HT's next DX release be something that SSC wouldn't handle so well, or doesn't even want to try: another main human character or maybe Chewbacca. ESB Han, ESB or ROTJ Leia (imagine slave Leia on a HT body!), hell, ROTS Anakin - THAT'S the kinda thing I want to see HT take on next!

I'd rather see HT's next DX release be something that SSC wouldn't handle so well, or doesn't even want to try: another main human character or maybe Chewbacca. ESB Han, ESB or ROTJ Leia (imagine slave Leia on a HT body!), hell, ROTS Anakin - THAT'S the kinda thing I want to see HT take on next!

exactly how I feel when it comes to HT doing SW characters. SS has really stepped their game up since those old figures that were on the Buck body. Those older characters are what I'm looking for HT to update with todays quality. I really want an ESB Hoth and Bespin Leia. My favorite look of hers in the OT. If/when HT does Han, I hope it's a bit of an all in one. Or if they do multiples, I'll just buy the spare clothes to switch out. I honestly don't need multiple hans with slight variances in the sculpt.

Back