New 1/6 Darth Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet Vader will be an ESB/ROTJ version with removable helmet, Sebastian Shaw portrait, multiple hands and saber options.

I LOVE Sideshow's Vader, so I'm in no hurry for this one.

As someone that missed out on the first release of Vader I am very excited to see or hear anything new on a possible new one. I don't care what version it is as long as it looks good.

Bet Vader will be an ESB/ROTJ version with removable helmet, Sebastian Shaw portrait, multiple hands and saber options. I LOVE Sideshow's Vader, so I'm in no hurry for this one.

Shaw we hope. Who knows what LFL will command be under there by then?

becoming-vader-still1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Iam holding out on the vader untill hot toys will DX him with mask removal or another head ( whatever is less fiddly) and all that jazz

really want the SS one, but i feel like a new vader is due soon and willing to wait for that.

Iam holding out on the vader untill hot toys will DX him with mask removal or another head ( whatever is less fiddly) and all that jazz

really want the SS one, but i feel like a new vader is due soon and willing to wait for that.

We'll see how well that works out for you. :impatient:

What news! A great double pack if I understand well. Prices probably madness, but it may be quickly sold out at the time of pre-orders!

Not a double pack. Hybrid. Almagamation of both versions in one, ie, elements of both, exact representation of neither. There were very minor differences between Emp Vader and Return Vader. In my opinion, Sideshow opted for the better parts of each on this one. I couldn't be happier.

^ :lol

If this next one doesn't correct the mistakes of the last one, I'll just wait for HT.. I'm patient. :)

Oh, it wipes it's pleather clad butt with the last one.

It will definitely be implemented in association with Hot Toys.

Nope. All Sideshow. But certainly as good as what you'd expect from Hot Toys.

Okay, I'll just say it. It's not a secret a new Vader is coming. It's not a secret that I've done lots of paint work with Sideshow. I painted the new Vader proto, and it is everything I want in a Vader.

There you have it.:peace

I've been looking at some Net pics but have came inconclusive, didn't Vader in ROTJ have lightsaber hilted blade emitter down like Luke? As from previous he had the blade emitter hilted up. Just making sure, if he did or not. Cause that would mean 2 different lightsabers for the hybrid Vader right?

Vader has 2 D-rings on his lightsaber. It can hang either way.

untitled-2.png

dvsaber2.jpg

Not a double pack. Hybrid. Almagamation of both versions in one, ie, elements of both, exact representation of neither. There were very minor differences between Emp Vader and Return Vader. In my opinion, Sideshow opted for the better parts of each on this one. I couldn't be happier.

Both lightsabers?

SilentSurfer said:
Nope. All Sideshow. But certainly as good as what you'd expect from Hot Toys.

As I said before...

I was just saying that to be an _______. :wink1:

...and I already expected it to be everything anyone would expect from a Hot Toys figure. :lecture

Silent Surfer said:
Okay, I'll just say it. It's not a secret a new Vader is coming. It's not a secret that I've done lots of paint work with Sideshow. I painted the new Vader proto, and it is everything I want in a Vader.

There you have it.:peace

Must feel good to finally come clean instead of hinting with all the subtlety of a rhinoceros on meth. :lol

Hot Toys will not DX Vader. Sideshow is making a new one.

Now you're caught up.

Thanks for the all the info SilientSurfer! really lookinf forward to this new Vader. I'm glad I'm not expert at all the costumes so I won't get all nitpicky about anything.

I'll be waiting to read your post about wishing you had gotten it ahead of time instead of waiting and having to pay the eBay prices :lol:wave

but in all honesty, I would get this one and just keep it MIB. If HT does come out with a Vader, just sell the SS and get your long awaited HT DX Vader. at least you'll have a Vader just in case HT never does one and you won't have to pay crazy aftermarket prices

I don't know about other lines but when it comes to the 12" line they are rather comparable in terms of quality and content.

Now I love you even moar den be4!!! :panic::panic::panic:

I don't know about other lines but when it comes to the 12" line they are rather comparable in terms of quality and content.

sideshow or hot toys makes a new one i don't really care, they are pretty much the same company
Ohhhhhhhhhh, newbie failed. How sad...

NOT! :lol

SS's Vader is a work of art. One of the best if not their best 1/6 figure IMHO. There Joe line for the most part rocks as does there latest SW offerings, but they don't have fine details, tailoring or paint work that HT offers.

That said, I will be selling of my ANH Vader and getting the ESB/Jedi version. :)

Back