Neill Blomkamp's Chappie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Star Wars Prequels. Yet they're crap.

What a world... :lol
That's the difference between you and me.

Bwhv38J.jpg

Did she fall head first into a box of razors?
:lol :lol :lol Man, what was old Neil thinking.

Gaspar makes some good points about those two nutters selling their gimmick; I was chatting with a friend about it a little while ago who digs some of their stuff, & he was saying the same thing.

I remember seeing them doing that 'freaky' song on Letterman a while back, & when they were done, Dave strolls over & just didn't know what to say to them. The chick had the big black contacts on & the dude was sporting his Crash bandicoot hairdo in full effect that night. :lol

Just got back from seeing it, and I gotta say, I think the critics are being a little harsh. It wasn't district 9 awesome, but I enjoyed it for whatever it was. I was groaning about that group die antwoord being in it, but it actually just seemed to fit. Still can't stand the music, but they didn't bother me in the movie. The movie as a whole was just whatever. Don't go in expecting to get blown away, just enjoy it for what it is. Even though there is some robocopness rubbing off. Personally, I think the movie was pretty witty, and funny.
Oh, and to the people saying that Blomkamp shouldn't do alien....... you're tripping. That guy has more talent than just about every movie maker out there. Personally, I think the guy took a huge step ahead in cinema. May not be everybody's cup of tea, but to say the guy is a hack is just insane.

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Some parts seem silly but also feels as though there are lots of deeper social issues underlaying the film. There is a hint of Robocop about it which is fine by me and I love the art direction Blomkamp and his team take this.

Well worth a watch.

:lol :lol :lol Man, what was old Neil thinking.

Gaspar makes some good points about those two nutters selling their gimmick; I was chatting with a friend about it a little while ago who digs some of their stuff, & he was saying the same thing.

I remember seeing them doing that 'freaky' song on Letterman a while back, & when they were done, Dave strolls over & just didn't know what to say to them. The chick had the big black contacts on & the dude was sporting his Crash bandicoot hairdo in full effect that night. :lol

Saw this last night, it's no where near as bad as the reviews say it is. It's good, not great, but then again I also think D9 is good but not great and I hate Elysium. Chappie is saved by Chappie himself, everyone else around him is forgettable. The film was entertaining for sure, I could do without the excessive violence at the end and the acting is way over the top at points but that's just par for Neil at this point, all of his films seem to have over acting in them, not dissimilar from some anime which Neil seems to be influenced by.

The ending leans toward being down right dumb but it's late enough in the film that I don't feel it hinders the overall experience. Overall I can recommend it, but mainly for the sci-fi fans, I think the general audience would be rubbed the wrong way by the characters, setting, and ending.

Just got back from seeing this and I enjoyed it. Don't see where the hate is coming from at all. My mother liked it, but had too much trouble understanding the accents. :lol

Back