Neill Blomkamp's Chappie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Plinkett's "reviews" were entertaining. Their regular ones has nothing creative at all, unfortunately.

I haven't seen a RLM review in awhile....ew...they should just stick to doing the audio for the movie reviews instead of trying do funny visuals or act.
It's annoying....

I saw it today. I'm of a really mixed opinion. I didn't hate it but I also wasn't blown away by it. There were some really good bits in it though and I loved the car jacking scenes.

Pretty crazy to hear about all the drama between Ninja and basically the entire cast and crew.

It's interesting that a year or two ago Blomkamp was billing CHAPPiE as "RoboCop meets E.T. but as a comedy." But the final product definitely isn't a comedy. I'd even say that while it does have it's comedic "fish out of water" moments it's actually overall less comedic than RoboCop itself. I wonder what prompted him to make that shift.

I really enjoyed the film. I have absolutely no idea who Ninja and Yolandi are. Not sure why they hired these 2 to play themselves in the film. There were a few scenes where Yolandi's acting was just cringeworthy to watch.

Chappie was a very likeable character though, loved the car jacking scenes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally saw Chappie and really enjoyed it. I gave it a 7/10 but I really did like it. Not District 9 good but I was very entertained and loved Chappie as a character in general. The South African Rap Band Antwoord didn't even bother me. Both fit the characters well but I think I liked Yolandi's character more than Ninja's. He wasn't the best of the movie.

Last edited:
i hate to say that i did not like the movie, i am big fan of district 9 and im expecting this movie turn out to be good and screw the critics. but my oh my ...this is one the worst movie i have seen this year. i dont like the story, , the casting, the acting, ending , the soundtrack , almost everything in the movie. I did like the he-man scene though is like getting moral structure from cartoon and its awesome im totally get it. but the movie just keep going and going with nothin special. i think this movie can be better if chappie get arround more with the maker other than stupid gang that u really dont care (seriously that gang is the most annoying people in the movie) i am no expert with movie but if you wanna make good AI movie you need more IRON GIANT FEEL and you didnt find it in this movie. but ist just my opinion guys, im glad if you can enjoy the movie

Why is the tag line is "humanity's last hope is not human".
What does he do that saves humanity? The soul thing? Blah!

I liked the first 2 acts. Was very emotionaly connected to CHAPPIE up to this point. Then it turned into an absolute mess.

Unsuccessful film. Shame.

Back