Need help ASAP. Ebay problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Predators have holes in their mask where you insert the plastic pegs attached to the springs. This guy is a flipping idiot.

Last edited:
I haven't said anything to him other than to refer to the Hot Toys website to view how the figure is when completely assembled. I still don't understand what he means by the "holes" in the mask other than the ones you attach the hoses to. I asked him to provide a picture of what he is talking about and told him to refer to the included assembly instructions. I'm still waiting for a reply, but have also sent a message to Ebay's CS about what is going on.

HW, invite the buyer to come onto the boards and view the photos of all of the other members who own this particular piece. Maybe that will put his mind at ease.

He wants HALF his money back without returning the body. He threatens that he will leave me 9 negatives (1 for each piece) if I don't give him back half the price of the body.

User ID, please. If not here, please PM it to me. I want to block that ******.

Here is his newest message:
"You owned the figure so you should know what i am talking about.
The hoses go into the 2 holes right underneath the ones coming
out. They are now less than 1 " long. Give me your email. Again this
is a customized figure and you didn't mention it."

~~I've already contacted ebay about this and seriously considering blocking the seller as he's quite obviously not aware of what he purchases or he's just trying to scam me here.

If he does a charge back put a claim in with your bank straight away, paypal will get annoyed you went over their heads and will close your account but the bank will refund you regardless of paypals decision. I'd lock down my account that paypal is connected to as well due to this items value and the fact its pretty obvious hes trying it on. Ebay and paypal make me puke.

Here is his newest message:
"You owned the figure so you should know what i am talking about.
The hoses go into the 2 holes right underneath the ones coming
out. They are now less than 1 " long. Give me your email. Again this
is a customized figure and you didn't mention it."

~~I've already contacted ebay about this and seriously considering blocking the seller as he's quite obviously not aware of what he purchases or he's just trying to scam me here.

Tell him that you can't help him if he doesn't provide clear pics of the problem area.

If he's unwilling to do this, I'd think it would make your case look a lot better as you're trying to solve the problem while he's resisting it.

yeah i agree get him to do some clear photos of the 'holes' in question even pointing out what he believes to be wrong.

cloud cuckoo land :peace

I'm not sure if you can report him, but he has no right to your personal e-mail through ebay. They want business to be done through their website so they get their cut. They always give you the option to hide your e-mail when communicating with a buyer, so he shouldn't be asking you for it.

Keep it all through Ebay then theres a full record. Ebay probably won't even look at emails outside of their site should it go to a claim.

Is he asking for your email to send pics? I don't think you can send pics through Ebay message.

Has he mentioned the dreaded "partial refund?" His insistance that the figure has been customized when you have already pointed out his ignorance about the gauntlets makes me think he's just looking for money.

Has he mentioned the dreaded "partial refund?" His insistance that the figure has been customized when you have already pointed out his ignorance about the gauntlets makes me think he's just looking for money.

He hasn't mentioned what he wants yet, but I'm guessing he wants me to somehow admit that it is customized, which its not. Its funny that he keeps changing what his issues are. First, there's a problem with the armor, gauntlets, and mask/hoses. Now that I've proven he doesn't know what he's talking about, he hasn't mentioned anything other than the hoses and mask. I'm just gonna keep telling him to review the instructions for assembly.

It seems like he's determined to find something wrong with it.
I would definitely hold out for a pic from him before offering him a refund/return just to make sure, if it comes to that, that it's YOUR piece and not some junk he's trying to swap out.

If you can only get pictures through email, and you don't want to give your normal email address, then you should create a throwaway address in gmail or hotmail. You keep your own info private, but you have a place to send the clowns.

If you can only get pictures through email, and you don't want to give your normal email address, then you should create a throwaway address in gmail or hotmail. You keep your own info private, but you have a place to send the clowns.

I do this too. That's a good idea, you should try it Wookie.(thanks for pointing this out Duck of Death)

I think this guy is going to some how screw with the mask, then send you the pics. And demand a partial if not full refund. The reason I'm saying this is because when I first joined here, I made a deal with a board memeber in Russia...........needless to say it didn't turn out well. My paypal account got closed.:horror It was almost a spitting image of whats happening to Wookie.

My advice? Take lots of pics of the item before,and as you're packing it to show it was complete/in mint condition before it gets sent, that way you're covered in case something like this happens. And don't admit to anything, even if its to get the person to shut up....also refrain from cussing, ect.

Good luck Wookie, I'm sure the person will get tired of all this nonesense soon.....once they realize they're being stupid:lol

Good lord, this ungrateful guy now has an Ancient Pred... What's he got to complain about!?

Wookie, he's clearly screwing you over. What's more, he has no idea what he's buying. Like I said, the P1 helmet (just an example) has three holes, but only two are used for the wires.

Back