Need help ASAP. Ebay problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so I haven't heard from this guy all weekend and was finally starting to think he wised up, but now he sends me this message.

"I just got my camera back from a friend. The photos are sent to
your email. Tell me again how it's not customized, that i'm the
one who's incorrect here. It is insulting that you want me to
refer to the instructions. The hoses are glued on! I'm afraid i
can't leave you a + feedback for this transaction. I paid for an
original stock figure. Unless you can offer some kind of
resolution, i will have to go ahead with the paypal dispute."

~~Now I never gave him my email address, nor did I ever get any pictures from him. I also like how inconsistent his story is now...his first message he stated everything was fine, but the armor was wrong and the hoses won't connect to the mask. Now that I corrected him on the armor he's persistent with the hoses, but now they're "glued??" Glued onto what?? When I packed them into the box they were in the packing tray with the tape that held them into place to prevent loss. And I somehow insulted him because I referred him to the assembly instructions??? How is that an insult?? That dumbass has no idea. I contacted ebay on Friday about his harassing emails and how I believe he's trying to scam me. I just contacted ebay again reported that his story keeps changing since the original message. WTF???

so did he ever send you pics of what he is talking about?

FYI: Ebay messages are automatically linked to the email account that you provided to Ebay when you signed up. If someone "replys" to an ebay message via their email account instead of through Ebay's message system, it will automatically go straight to your email and not Ebay inbox.

FYI: Ebay messages are automatically linked to the email account that you provided to Ebay when you signed up. If someone "replys" to an ebay message via their email account instead of through Ebay's message system, it will automatically go straight to your email and not Ebay inbox.

No pictures have ever been received. Contact outside of ebay's messaging system is against their rules isn't it??

No way should you take the figure back. Who knows what he did with it.
Stand your ground. Dont give him an inch.

Well, that won't work.

If the buyer files a claim with PayPal, they will automatically freeze the purchase amount either through the seller's PayPal account or, if there are no funds there, the bank account he runs PP through.
They will have the money set aside should the buyer desire a refund.
And trust me, I speak from experience...if you dn't have the money in your PayPal account, they WILL go into your bank account and pull the purchase price out in anticipation of that.
There's nothing you can do about it.

If PP sides on the part of the buyer (and they probably will without concrete proof from the seller) then they will REQUIRE the buyer to return the item (with proof of mailing) before issuing a refund. And this will happen whether the seller wants the item or not.

If the buyer wants to return it, it's an automatic deduction, from the seller's account, through PayPal to the buyer...as long as the buyer provides proof of return.

This is, of course, after the lengthy back and forth of both sides trying to prove their point.
But that money will be frozen, as well as the PayPal account, until a final decision is made.

But, as I've read through this, it seems the seller does not have adequate pictures to prove his side.

No pictures have ever been received. Contact outside of ebay's messaging system is against their rules isn't it??

Not when the contact is initiated through the messaging system between a buyer and seller.
You can opt to reply to a message through eBay.
But, if you reply to the message that eBay sends to you directly through your email, it's sent directly to the other party's email and vice versa.

Last edited:
If i were you i'd personally call and speak to a live Ebay rep. tell them what is happening and that the buyer can not provide photographic proof of what he is talking about. If the rep does not automatically do so, ask him or her to note your account with what is happening so if or when this guy tries to file a claim, it will be there for you.

Why not post his E-bay ID on here so we can all see who he is and we can keep well away from him and also someone might recognize it that has had the same problem with him in the past.
Personally I hate E-bay and Pay pal as I just sold 3 items to one buyer and PP put a hold on the money for 21 days just in case the buyer wants his money back. The buyer has had his items for a week now and left positive feedback and still they are holding on to it. I hope you get it sorted as it means you can move on and forget this ******.

God this situation is becoming more and more annoying. Maybe he tried to glue the wires onto the mask himself and screwed up and is now blaming wookie. That SOB.

im new here but ive done some ebaying. Id contact ebay and tell them you are willing to giv this guy a refund so long as he send the item back. Just get it back, take a hit on shipping and put that mutha back on ebay. If you accommodate this clown, he shouldnt leave neg feedback. Just say you wernt aware of any defect and he has the right to not accept it, but that he should appreciate you refunding it. it will be a piece of cake to sell that fig. another thought is he might have broken the fig and is trying to get someone else to fix it. call his bluff. tell him you'll refund get it and put it back on ebay for even more $$. that'll piss him off.

Id contact ebay and tell them you are willing to giv this guy a refund so long as he send the item back. Just get it back, take a hit on shipping and put that mutha back on ebay. If you accommodate this clown, he shouldnt leave neg feedback.

Heh, that's a terrible suggestion. It's not like it's certain it's going to come back in the condition it was sent off in or any halfway decent condition. For one, the buyer could keep parts and there'll be no recourse in that case, he could drill holes in it or cause other damage so as to claim he was right all along, many things.

As others have said, it sounds like the seller is trying very hard to find fault, to find something - anything - to dispute in an effort to either get a refund or discount. As much or all of the back-and-forth is said to have taken place on eBay, hopefully eBay will be able to review the whole lot and come to the same conclusion.

I think it was suggested before, but I would say again you should empty out most of your PayPal balance so that worst case scenario, if PayPal tries to refund the money unfairly (maybe without even having the item returned to you) you'll be able to reverse it with a chargeback (assuming you fund PayPal transactions with a credit card). Otherwise you're gonna be in a very difficult situation, I think.

Heh, that's a terrible suggestion. It's not like it's certain it's going to come back in the condition it was sent off in or any halfway decent condition. For one, the buyer could keep parts and there'll be no recourse in that case, he could drill holes in it or cause other damage so as to claim he was right all along, many things.

As others have said, it sounds like the seller is trying very hard to find fault, to find something - anything - to dispute in an effort to either get a refund or discount. As much or all of the back-and-forth is said to have taken place on eBay, hopefully eBay will be able to review the whole lot and come to the same conclusion.

I think it was suggested before, but I would say again you should empty out most of your PayPal balance so that worst case scenario, if PayPal tries to refund the money unfairly (maybe without even having the item returned to you) you'll be able to reverse it with a chargeback (assuming you fund PayPal transactions with a credit card). Otherwise you're gonna be in a very difficult situation, I think.

This is exactly what I feel. I've saved every message that has gone back and forth. I just reported him last night to ebay with every single message, and reading them you can see that none of his messages match up. He keeps changing his statements, and finally a week later mentions that there are parts glued together after his first message stated that everything in the package was fine.

Sorry to hear this is happening. I hope it works out for you.

In the meantime, please PM me his eBay ID. I want to block this clown.

Why not direct him to this thread?

Quoted for truth! :lecture

This is really scary, though. I mean, jeez. Methinks the guy was planning to do something like this from the minute he commited to buying. $600's a lot of money, so you'd think whoever'd go through with it had some sense to deal responsibly.

Also, it doesn't matter if the buyer can't provice photographic proof, because (as Wookie said) the hoses were in the tray -- taped. There's no way they could possibly be glued, unless that dumb___ decided to pick up a bottle of Elmer's and do the job himself. In other words, it's clearly a scam, no question. Bring eBay into this, send that moron a link to this thread (send it to eBay as well, if it'd do any good), and just tell it to him straight:

Rumor control, here are the facts (lol, couldn't resist). The hoses were in the tray seperate from the mask and armor. There's no way they could be glued unless he, himself did it. You've referred him to the pictures and instructions plenty of times (which instead of doing, he just takes it as an offense and digs his little hole deeper and deeper). He has no case whatsoever, and if HE's the one who starts the PayPal dispute over something HE's responsible for, the ramifications for him will be even greater.

Last edited:
Back