Need help ASAP. Ebay problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta take good pics before you list and state on your description, ITEM SOLD AS IS

Sorry this is happening to you, wook. I just went through the same kind of BS recently. Hope it turns out better for you than it did for me.

My tale of woe for sellers who still think Ebay has your back at all:

I parted out a a HT Hellboy figure into a bunch of individual auctions with BIN prices and the "make an offer" option.

One Buyer buys the HB Body straight up (which surprised me because I had priced everything high in the hopes of getting reasonable offers). He then proceeded to make offers on 8 other pieces. I accepted all of them and packed everything up nice and sturdy. Shipped Priority from NJ to NY.

Buyer contacts me stating the leg is broken off. I tell him to ship it back for a full refund. He says he doesn't want to pay shipping because he believes it was broken before I shipped. I tell him it wasn't - check my gigantic pic, check my 10 years of feedback, but I'm still willing to give you your money back, just return it.

He wants HALF his money back without returning the body. He threatens that he will leave me 9 negatives (1 for each piece) if I don't give him back half the price of the body.

I contact Ebay and the rep I speak to assures me that this is Feedback Extortion and once he leaves the negatives they will be removed and he will be penalized. She tells me not to respond to his future messages and gives me her name, employee number and tells me she has documented all of this.

A couple of days later he leaves the negs. I call Ebay. Guess what? there's NOTHING documented in my account. They refuse to refer me to the rep that I spoke to. Long story short, they tell me that it does not qualify as Feedback Extortion because the Buyer did not ask me for something that wasn't offered in the auction. In other words, it only qualifies as extortion if they ask for an additional item. Not MONEY. So actual extortion does not qualify as extortion. :banghead

Dealing with Ebay is like screaming at a series of brick walls. I now boast 9 undeserved negative feedbacks that I have no recourse against. My only consolation is that I didn't give in to this ******.

Checking his feedback left for others, I saw that he also left a neg for a seller because they wouldn't ship to him before his e-check cleared. Oh and his join date? January 2010. :welcome

Your listing was set as "used" so he has no case. I was in the EXACT situation with a Hot Toys Endo. EBAY calls this buyers remorse. The ****** had it and said the eyes dim down after 2 min of having them lit. Anyways, he was always asking me questions after the auction about what is Hot Toys and is this a rare piece???????
Ridiculous. What really happened is he just spent $500 on a plastic figure and freaked out. The figure was perfect as agreed, so made up some story to get his way.
Guess what....I won. It was "used" to ebay because it had been displayed, his case was thrown out after a day.

Irony:
A week later he is selling it on ebay as mint in box, perfect, never opened for $100 more than he payed!!!
How do people like this sleep at night?

eBay is being run into the ground. I remember back in 2000 when I first starting using it, you could find anything and everything on there any day of the week. Now the auctions are bare because they treat the sellers like crap. The whole "back-up the buyers, because if there are buyers, the sellers will come" strategy is obviously not working. I am sure their earnings are in the toilet too, if it wasn't for Paypal, they would be in some serious financial problems.

What a bass-trucker (fun little name we've come up with in school, lol). That is totally feedback extortion. You took perfectly good pics, so he's clearly got his head up his bum.
Some people think they can cheat the system regardless of the precautions you take -- and they end up doing it! feeBay's a lost cause.

Here's his latest message after I messaged him to to go Hot Toys' site and look at the pictures of the figure he purchased:

"How do you explain the box cover? It shows the hoses going
into the mask and also on the Sideshow and Hot Toys websites
as well. This is a custom figure that you didn't mention."

~~ I really don't know what he's referring to as "holes" in the side of the mask other than the ones that are actually meant to be there where the hoses plug into. I love how quickly he dropped the issue about the armor modifications and wrong arm gauntlets after I told him the difference.

Last edited:
I just asked him to send me a picture of the "holes" drilled into the mask. I'm really hoping he sends me a picture of the mask with nothing there other than what's supposed to be there. It will be almost impossible for me to resist the opportunity to call him a moron that didn't know what anything about what they were purchasing. I'm tempted to send him a message referring him to use the assembly instructions that came with the figure.

I can't wait to hear his response. I really want to say this to the guy:
You are either not aware of what you purchased or trying to scam me, which I don't appreciate either. You're playing stupid or you are stupid, but I can't decide which one is worse.

Well you dont want feebay taking his side.. it looks to me like he is trying to push your buttons and get you to start making accusations against him.. making him the victim like someone else said earlier..

dude if you get to calling him stupid.. feebay may freak out cuz lets face facts.. feebay protects the buyers.. for some reason they think the buyer is more important then the seller.. mind you for over 10yrs they made tons of money off of the sellers..

Then they decided to change things.. for no reason.. well greed always comes into it.. But they dont make anything off of the buyers they make it off the sellers so I dont get it.. stay proffessional.. dont give in to hate.. remember your not the ass he is..

Last edited:
I haven't said anything to him other than to refer to the Hot Toys website to view how the figure is when completely assembled. I still don't understand what he means by the "holes" in the mask other than the ones you attach the hoses to. I asked him to provide a picture of what he is talking about and told him to refer to the included assembly instructions. I'm still waiting for a reply, but have also sent a message to Ebay's CS about what is going on.

Well, my P1 Pred has three holes, but only two are used for the wires...
He's got no friggin' clue... :bounce

Back